Declining Empathy and Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2015, 02:37 PM
RE: Declining Empathy and Atheism
(19-01-2015 02:36 PM)thesummerqueen Wrote:  
(19-01-2015 02:34 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  So you know the golem fable.

Good for you.

That was a fantastic episode of The X-Files.
Actually, I was going by my former days as a kabbalist. Smile Never watches X-Files.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2015, 02:38 PM
(19-01-2015 02:37 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Actually, I was going by my former days as a kabbalist. Smile Never watches X-Files.

Oh lord - you should. I love watching it now because it's so fucking 90's, but also because by the time the show ended they had amassed enough subject material that anytime something makes it into the news, you can probably relate it to an X-Files episode. Crazy large lampray found in New Jersey? FLUKEMAN!

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus
19-01-2015, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2015 03:27 PM by gofish!.)
(19-01-2015 08:47 AM)AlephBet Wrote:  
(17-01-2015 08:05 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The cat is prancing out of the shoe store too.

Brilliant. Wait. What ?

If speaking of an opposite to a proton, the "opposite" would be an electron.

Please tell us what random word generator you use. Weeping

You REALLY should have used "Non-sequitur" as your name.

Quote:If speaking of an opposite to a proton, the "opposite" would be an electron.

Yes. In Hydrogen, this is how you would see it. When the neutron is present, you have individuation, which is what we are discussing here. The prime focus of all philosophy is how to have unity with multiplicity. The universe has a balance between opposites (neutron and proton) creating the strong nuclear force, allowing for the unity WITH multiplicity. Protons are two up and one down quarks. Neutrons are two down and one up. Balance against the imbalance of the weak force.

If you want to discuss human nature, it must be a mirror of both quantum forces acting their part on each other. I outlined this with the understanding of pathos, which is what Aristotle told us from the beginning. These answers have been known, grounded on natural law. All Greek tragedy is founded on the path to pathos. It is the path and furrow we plow in life. Why? Law leads us to the mark of pathos.

[Image: TAV.jpg]

The word Truth is Emet (Aleph Mem Tav). It literally means, strong water mark.

[Image: ALEPH.jpg] [Image: MEM.jpg] [Image: TAV.jpg]

Missing the mark is Chet (sin), or not hitting the plowman's mark of developing love for others, including God. If you take out Aleph (OX / Strength) from the word, you get death (met).

From physics to the letters of language, the same story repeats in a fractal. Over and over again until we get the point.

You can always rely on Captain Random to show up with his unique form of idiocy to cloud the debate.

Sorry but this is spam and it seems he's everywhere.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
19-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Agreed gofish! Time for this idiot to be shown the door.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
19-01-2015, 06:03 PM
(14-01-2015 05:00 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  I live in the U.S. We have a part of the country that's known as the Bible Belt. It is, by far and wide, the most racist, hateful part of the country, and all the politicians that get elected from those states are from a party that completely lacks empathy for anyone except the rich. They stay in power because their voting base is mainly made up of piss-poor rednecks who only care that a politician thumps his Bible and waves his flag, and is at least somewhat of a closet racist. The politician has to make sure that they whine about how religion should get special privileges, but, of course, only Christianity has a right to those special privileges.

Sorry, but your argument is shot to shit.
I live in Texas, it's pretty much atheist hell. These bible thumping narcissists give mere lip service to empathy and compassion for their fellow man.
We have so many buildings called churches here that sit empty 90% of the time. We also have a substantial homeless population, get where I'm going.
19-01-2015, 06:31 PM
(19-01-2015 02:34 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(19-01-2015 08:47 AM)AlephBet Wrote:  If you take out Aleph (OX / Strength) from the word, you get death (met).

So you know the golem fable.

Good for you.

Then the rabbi said, "Golem, you have not been completely formed, but I am about to finish you now...You will do as I will tell you." Saying these words, Rabbi Leib finished engraving the letter Aleph. Immediately the golem began to rise." From The Golem by Isaac Bashevis Singer with illustrations by Uri Shulevitz.

Aleph is the Strength pulling the cart.

Buddha - Dhammapada

Chapter 1 - Choices

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you
As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.

The framework for all of physics, creation and language rests on the strength of the cornerstone. The capstone is the Tav, or last letter of Hebrew. Word was used to engage all of creation from letters. The Hebrews have always know this. So have the Hindus and all other religions.

[Image: TAV.jpg]

In Paleo Hebrew, the Ghah was the 23rd letter, containing all letters.

[Image: GHAH.jpg]

It is said to have been absorbed into the Ayin.

[Image: AYIN.jpg]

Note the shape of each. No mistake in this. All letters enter the eye. The mother is the cup, or water and seed baking in an oven. What do you get? Bread of life. We are all engraved with the Aleph. EL is Aleph Lamed.

[Image: LAM.jpg]

What purpose does the Shepherd have in leading his sheep? What is the staff for in this parable? What is the Aleph for in this parable? Of course, parables are meant to wake us up to the truth of the whole. The trick is, pay attention.

Empathy and Love is the point of recognition of the beginning and end of all life in creation.