Deconversion process help....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Hi again. I'm still on the closest about my atheism...but I'm still wrestling with the stages of bargaining and acceptance.... I'm a recovering catholic....and I'm 38 and pretty sure that I'm gay.....and I might have OCD but I don't have good insurance for therapy. And my roommate bipolar and she's a brainwashed catholic fox news republican. What should I do??? Any advice or siggestions? Btw...both of my parents had substance abuse isues and my mom had a personality disorder I tjink..bpd or Npd ....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2016, 05:57 PM
RE: Deconversion process help....
(13-01-2016 04:31 PM)jason197754 Wrote:  Hi again. I'm still on the closest about my atheism...but I'm still wrestling with the stages of bargaining and acceptance.... I'm a recovering catholic....and I'm 38 and pretty sure that I'm gay.....and I might have OCD but I don't have good insurance for therapy. And my roommate bipolar and she's a brainwashed catholic fox news republican. What should I do??? Any advice or siggestions? Btw...both of my parents had substance abuse isues and my mom had a personality disorder I tjink..bpd or Npd ....

Check out and see if there is a 12 step group for your problems. That may give you support even if they insist you cannot get better without "GOD."
13-01-2016, 06:02 PM
I would try and find another roommate if you can. If you can't, just limit your interaction with her as best you can. Maybe join a support group for your anxiety/OCD (maybe online if you can't get to one in person?). What is it in particular you are struggling with re: your faith/lack of etc.? Are you struggling with your sexuality as well?
13-01-2016, 06:21 PM
(13-01-2016 04:31 PM)jason197754 Wrote:  Hi again. I'm still on the closest about my atheism...but I'm still wrestling with the stages of bargaining and acceptance.... I'm a recovering catholic....and I'm 38 and pretty sure that I'm gay.....and I might have OCD but I don't have good insurance for therapy. And my roommate bipolar and she's a brainwashed catholic fox news republican. What should I do??? Any advice or siggestions? Btw...both of my parents had substance abuse isues and my mom had a personality disorder I tjink..bpd or Npd ....

I am unable to help. If you are unsure if you are gay, speak to your pastor. He'll likely have sex with you. Smile

But seriously, meet a man. You'll either love it or hate it.

My parents were also brutal. My mum tried to kill me. Their problems are not your fault. It may be wise to see a Dr and see if there is genetic danger.

An easy way to help get rid of your belief in whatever god it isyou worshipped is to watch some Hitchens debates. He was the best IMO and there are plenty on the net.

Read The philosophical dictionary by Voltaire. It's hilarious and cuts xianity to the quick. Or perhaps Human, all too human by Nietzsche. Beyond good and evil is great too. Or, simply read the bible. It is so utterly idiotic you'll be either insane or an atheist in a week. Read the KJV 1611.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
13-01-2016, 06:28 PM
(13-01-2016 06:21 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I am unable to help. If you are unsure if you are gay, speak to your pastor. He'll likely have sex with you. Smile

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Seriously though, you can probably get some kind of assistance from a state program. Go to your nearest DHS office in your county or call them they can probably set you up with what you need and get you the help you need.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
13-01-2016, 10:22 PM
(13-01-2016 06:21 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I am unable to help. If you are unsure if you are gay, speak to your pastor. He'll likely have sex with you. Smile

dammit Banjo........ Facepalm

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
14-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Maybe a little more info for what you are wrestling with. Are you trying to get signs from God? Chances are those signs will never come. I know I asked God to reveal himself to me when I was struggling. How I found out God wasn't real I prayed that he would bring my mother back from the dead. She didn't come waltzing in the door that night. I mean if God can raise his son why not my mom? I hope this helps.
[+] 1 user Likes musicharmony87's post
14-01-2016, 07:50 PM
(14-01-2016 06:59 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  Maybe a little more info for what you are wrestling with. Are you trying to get signs from God? Chances are those signs will never come. I know I asked God to reveal himself to me when I was struggling. How I found out God wasn't real I prayed that he would bring my mother back from the dead. She didn't come waltzing in the door that night. I mean if God can raise his son why not my mom? I hope this helps.

As a young adult I tried the opposite after deciding that prayer wasn't doing any good I called out to Satan and said I was ready to bargain away my soul if he was interested, but he didn't show up either!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
14-01-2016, 07:59 PM
(14-01-2016 07:50 PM)DerFish Wrote:  As a young adult I tried the opposite after deciding that prayer wasn't doing any good

For a second I thought you were talking about sex. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-01-2016, 03:07 AM
Well...I think I've accepted my atheism anf nonbelief....I'm a seculae humanst too....and this is the only life that I have....

Btw....I still go to mass with the lady I take cate of and pray with her....but she doesn't know about my deconversion....and she is bipolar and has ocd......