Deconversion process help....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2016, 05:23 AM
RE: Deconversion process help....
(15-01-2016 03:07 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  Well...I think I've accepted my atheism anf nonbelief....I'm a seculae humanst too....and this is the only life that I have....

Btw....I still go to mass with the lady I take cate of and pray with her....but she doesn't know about my deconversion....and she is bipolar and has ocd......

What ever you feel is best mate. Good luck. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2016, 06:15 AM
I also recommend you go to youtube and watch atheist videos.

I am not sure what else you want help with - deconversion often seems to be a slow process, a lot of people report it took them years to shed all of their indoctrination.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-01-2016, 08:03 AM
Deconversion process help....
(14-01-2016 07:50 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 06:59 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  Maybe a little more info for what you are wrestling with. Are you trying to get signs from God? Chances are those signs will never come. I know I asked God to reveal himself to me when I was struggling. How I found out God wasn't real I prayed that he would bring my mother back from the dead. She didn't come waltzing in the door that night. I mean if God can raise his son why not my mom? I hope this helps.

As a young adult I tried the opposite after deciding that prayer wasn't doing any good I called out to Satan and said I was ready to bargain away my soul if he was interested, but he didn't show up either!

Wow! Goes to show that both don't exist huh?
25-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Hi,

I can relate to you a little. I don't really want anyone to know what I have so I'll just say that I too have a sickness that isn't physical. I also am an ex-catholic. In fact, this is very exciting for me--finding another ex-catholic--the only ex-Christians I ever seem to come across are protestant or whatever. So, hi! It's nice to meet you! Smile
I also am kind of struggling with my sexuality. Recently, I have been wondering if I'm bisexual.
And the whole "brainwashed catholic fox news republican" statement made me laugh. Literally EVERYONE I know is a hardcore, republican catholic! My, family, my friends.....my doctor....
I hope this made you feel better.
26-01-2016, 04:32 AM
One thing that's massively helpful is to try to will yourself away from the paradigm and the polarization of things. Believe me, somehow, those things can be very triggering. My own process has benefited greatly from stepping back and realizing that sometimes it doesn't serve me to view either myself or others by their (or my) individual perceptions about politics, religion, or any of these other external, ego-based labels.

My advice to you is to try to stop looking at your roommate or yourself as what you do or believe, but in who you both are in the rawest: human beings on a journey. If I've learned anything from my experiences in life, it's that although you might passionately feel one way for a time, you can wake up and that former belief system can crumble away beneath the weight of itself. I would challenge you to empathize with yourself and your roommate, allow yourself and your roommate all the patience and understanding in the world, understand neither of you have all of the answers, and that is okay. You said it best, this is the only life you have, don't let the baggage of believing you should have it all figured out weigh you down! You're brave to transition from where you've been to where you are going.

I also think you need to take ownership and responsibility of who you are, and not only be unashamed of who you are and where you are, but realize that who your roommate is, and who your mother and father was, has no weighing factor on who you are now. As a grown man, you will have to accept responsibility for even the parts of yourself that you're discontent with. Things that happened to you as a child may have very well effected you, but now that you're grown, it's your choice ultimately whether or not you hold onto that, or let that hold onto you. And believe me, I'm not trying to discredit your feelings, but sometimes it serves us to leave the past in the past. In a sense, we're reborn every day, and during this part of your journey, I can't imagine a better time for you to let go. At the end of the day when we lay our heads down, it's ourselves alone that we have to deal with -- don't let your roommate or your parents failures live rent-free inside your head.

I wish you all the best.

“If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission.” ― Flemming Rose
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user