Deconverted

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Deconverted
Hi everyone Smile

Has anyone read Seth's book? I just ordered it today and am anxious to finally be able to read about his story.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: Deconverted
(04-04-2013 08:59 PM)traceparcet Wrote:  Hi everyone Smile

Has anyone read Seth's book? I just ordered it today and am anxious to finally be able to read about his story.

WHOA!!! You can't go around impersonating Momsurroundedby boys and using her avatar! That is so duplicitous!

No I haven't and you may want to look into this avatar thing. Shocking

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
04-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Yes, I have read his book. And, I enjoyed it very much. I even got to meet him at a book signing a couple weeks ago...got my book all signed and stuff and got to hear the speech he was going to give at the American Atheist convention the end of March.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-04-2013, 09:04 AM
(04-04-2013 09:02 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 08:59 PM)traceparcet Wrote:  Hi everyone Smile

WHOA!!! You can't go around impersonating Momsurroundedby boys and using her avatar! That is so duplicitous!

No I haven't and you may want to look into this avatar thing. Shocking

I think maybe Trace was first, but I'm too lazy to go check dates. But even so, she was after Woof who had it originally. It was REALLY hard to tell if it was a college student or a grizzled old Aussie who was speaking. Laughat

Deconverted was the first book I paid for on my new Kindle. Reading it is like hearing him talk. It's very conversational in tone and I could relate to a lot of his stories about growing up in the Christian Ghetto. Good stuff. I think you'll like it. Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
05-04-2013, 10:12 AM
It's ok..I changed my avatar (taken me forever to figure out how). I do still love Courage so he might reappear.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

06-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Yes, I bought Deconverted the other day and am almost through. I can't put it down.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2013, 12:50 AM
(05-04-2013 10:12 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's ok..I changed my avatar (taken me forever to figure out how). I do still love Courage so he might reappear.

Love what you've done to your hair Yes

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
06-04-2013, 12:54 AM
I have not read Seth's book per se, I have listened to it though.

Going by the Audiobook version, it's good, though it probably hasa little more to it than the standard book form.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
06-04-2013, 12:56 AM
(06-04-2013 12:54 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I have not read Seth's book per se, I have listened to it though.

Going by the Audiobook version, it's good, though it probably hasa little more to it than the standard book form.

But can ya dance to it?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
06-04-2013, 01:11 AM
(06-04-2013 12:56 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 12:54 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I have not read Seth's book per se, I have listened to it though.

But can ya dance to it?

I can't dance to any thing.

As explained in previous posts: I don't dance.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.