Decorating the tree

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Decorating the tree
Tonight, I had YouTube streaming videos of Atheist Experience on my iPad as I decorated the Saturnalia Tree and thought it deliciously entertaining.

When I bought the tree, the guy who cut it and wrapped it wouldn't accept my tip. I said, "Come on, it's the holidays. You helped me, I want to show my gratitutde." He wouldn't accept it. I said, "But it's Saturnalia!" He still wouldn't take it. So I told him to have a great holiday season and told me to do the same. That was cool.

Are there any tree decorating traditions you do you'd like to share?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
03-12-2016, 07:42 PM
RE: Decorating the tree
I love having a glass of wine and a fire going in the fireplace while my bf and I decorate the tree. The fun part is keeping my animals away from everything Hobo
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-12-2016, 07:58 PM
(03-12-2016 07:38 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Tonight, I had YouTube streaming videos of Atheist Experience on my iPad as I decorated the Saturnalia Tree and thought it deliciously entertaining.

When I bought the tree, the guy who cut it and wrapped it wouldn't accept my tip. I said, "Come on, it's the holidays. You helped me, I want to show my gratitutde." He wouldn't accept it. I said, "But it's Saturnalia!" He still wouldn't take it. So I told him to have a great holiday season and told me to do the same. That was cool.

If you're doing Saturnalia -- you need a couple of Saturn body badges???

I've probably got a few extra lying around...

[Image: s-l225.jpg]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-12-2016, 08:08 PM
(03-12-2016 07:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 07:38 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Tonight, I had YouTube streaming videos of Atheist Experience on my iPad as I decorated the Saturnalia Tree and thought it deliciously entertaining.

If you're doing Saturnalia -- you need a couple of Saturn body badges???

I've probably got a few extra lying around...

[Image: s-l225.jpg]

I'd put that on my tree!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
03-12-2016, 08:13 PM
I have two tree decorations that are made out of ornaments. They are about two feet tall. I put some craft lights on them and I set them on the mantle. Cats and dogs and big trees in the house don't always go well together. I have a couple other things I set out here and there...my biggest effort is remembering to make sure I have batteries for the lights. Confused

When my kids were little I did a whole lot more and getting the tree 'right' was a big deal and we usually either watched Christmas shows or listened to Christmas music while we did the decorating.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-12-2016, 08:15 PM
I almost forgot, I also have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree that I put out on one of my accent tables.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
03-12-2016, 08:16 PM
(03-12-2016 08:15 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I almost forgot, I also have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree that I put out on one of my accent tables.

Pictures, or it didn't happen.

----
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
03-12-2016, 08:19 PM
I watch my family decorate the tree while I try and reign in my OCD.
Then I secretly rearrange the ornaments when they have gone to bed. Smile

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
03-12-2016, 08:53 PM
(03-12-2016 08:19 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I watch my family decorate the tree while I try and reign in my OCD.

Mrs. heathen is the same. They put up the tree today while I raked the backyard in the rain. Angry

The six year old got on a chair to reach the higher spots and proceeded to put 37 ornaments on two branches right next to each other. He received high praise for his work, but I'm sure he won't notice the difference in the morning after she does the whole thing over again tonight. Angel

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
03-12-2016, 09:32 PM
(03-12-2016 08:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 08:19 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I watch my family decorate the tree while I try and reign in my OCD.

Mrs. heathen is the same. They put up the tree today while I raked the backyard in the rain. Angry

The six year old got on a chair to reach the higher spots and proceeded to put 37 ornaments on two branches right next to each other. He received high praise for his work, but I'm sure he won't notice the difference in the morning after she does the whole thing over again tonight. Angel

I am guilty of doing the same.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post