Dedadence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Dedadence
This movie takes a hard look at where western society is heading .
Much more serious, in a sense, than Michael Moore, it is narrated pretty well and highly suggestive of the fall of capitalism.
It shows a wide range of ways in which the system dumbs us all down at home and how the third world is brutalized. Various interviews including Noam Chomsky.
Not many answers unfortunately.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
14-12-2011, 08:47 AM
RE: Dedadence
(13-12-2011 06:43 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  This movie takes a hard look at where western society is heading .
Much more serious, in a sense, than Michael Moore, it is narrated pretty well and highly suggestive of the fall of capitalism.
It shows a wide range of ways in which the system dumbs us all down at home and how the third world is brutalized. Various interviews including Noam Chomsky.

I saw Capitalism : A Love Story. Won't watch another MM film. I enjoy his trolling but he's such a hypocrite. The same economic system/government he seems to hate so much is the one that has allowed him to become a multi millionarie through the sale of his movies and books. The documentary wasn't even about capitalism, it was about corporatism.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
14-12-2011, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2011 09:10 AM by Erxomai.)
(14-12-2011 08:47 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(13-12-2011 06:43 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  This movie takes a hard look at where western society is heading .

I saw Capitalism : A Love Story. Won't watch another MM film. I enjoy his trolling but he's such a hypocrite. The same economic system/government he seems to hate so much is the one that has allowed him to become a multi millionarie through the sale of his movies and books. The documentary wasn't even about capitalism, it was about corporatism.

Trolling! Perfect word to describe MM. I thoroughly enjoyed watching, "Michael Moore Hates America." Great rebuttal flick.

Now, where is my Netflix, gotta go check out Decadence. Sounds good.

Epilogue:
Decadence was not to be found on Netflix. However, I did discover a little doc entitled, "How Beer Saved the World," so I think I'm good now.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-01-2012, 06:27 PM
The Descendants.
Set in Hawaii, with George Clooney doing a really good job,this movie looks at the weaknesses, strengths, frailty and adjustments of human beings over three generations ,providing sadness along with some sharp humour.
Great sound track too. 4/5.
25-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be sure to check it out sometime. Big Grin

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]