Deer Hunting Season (I'm loving it)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2015, 08:12 AM
Deer Hunting Season (I'm loving it)
I'm the laziest hunter you're ever likely to meet.

I don't hike miles out into the wilderness, kill a critter with a stick and then gut it out with my teeth and drag it back miles to my cave -- unlike SOME people I won't mention... (you know who you are.. Smile )

I like to drink coffee. Maybe listen to some music. Watch some TV. Read a book. Have a donut. This year I even have internet in the blind. I even watch Youtube. Then I like to shoot a deer - walk casually back to the house - grab the quad and trailer and drive back out and pick it up. I really like it if I can drive right up to it, and load it up...

I'm two for two -- I got one buck and one doe - didn't have to track either -- and this is a record for me -- both were under 75 yard shots... I usually have closer to 200 yards...

I have one more doe tag. Maybe I'll get one this evening and be done for the year.....First to clean this one out, and hang it in the walk in freezer....

I don't consider hunting some mystical experience. I think of it as free range grocery shopping....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
20-11-2015, 10:17 AM
RE: Deer Hunting Season (I'm loving it)
It was almost funny going into Vermont last weekend. The divide is more obvious during hunting season. Half the people in the grocery store were raging hippies, the other half were dressed in camo and smelled like deer pheromones.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
20-11-2015, 10:19 AM
I guess it's also hunting season in Ontario. A friend of mine still working at corrections got two giant bucks on his first day. I don't currently hunt, but when my girlfriend leaves me I could see myself getting back into it.

'Murican Canadian
20-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Yuck.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
20-11-2015, 11:11 AM
(20-11-2015 08:12 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I don't consider hunting some mystical experience. I think of it as free range grocery shopping....

Big Grin that last bit made me giggle.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-11-2015, 11:16 AM
(20-11-2015 08:12 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm the laziest hunter you're ever likely to meet.

I don't hike miles out into the wilderness, kill a critter with a stick and then gut it out with my teeth and drag it back miles to my cave -- unlike SOME people I won't mention... (you know who you are.. Smile )

I like to drink coffee. Maybe listen to some music. Watch some TV. Read a book. Have a donut. This year I even have internet in the blind. I even watch Youtube. Then I like to shoot a deer - walk casually back to the house - grab the quad and trailer and drive back out and pick it up. I really like it if I can drive right up to it, and load it up...

I'm two for two -- I got one buck and one doe - didn't have to track either -- and this is a record for me -- both were under 75 yard shots... I usually have closer to 200 yards...

I have one more doe tag. Maybe I'll get one this evening and be done for the year.....First to clean this one out, and hang it in the walk in freezer....

I don't consider hunting some mystical experience. I think of it as free range grocery shopping....

It's certainly healthier for you. I wish more people would hunt and stop using factory farming. My brothers hunt, I would never eat any of the shit they bring home since I don't eat meat Hobo but I do like that they use the entire animal and don't hunt for sport, but instead hunt to feed their families.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
20-11-2015, 11:22 AM
I had a bbq venison burrito for lunch....

mmmmmmmm..

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
20-11-2015, 03:17 PM
(20-11-2015 11:03 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yuck.

It's meat. The deer die a quick death, unlike what usually happens to them.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
20-11-2015, 07:02 PM
(20-11-2015 03:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 11:03 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yuck.

It's meat. The deer die a quick death, unlike what usually happens to them.

Most people tend to forget that animals living in the wild don't have a social safety net. Bambi doesn't get to go to "The Old Animal's Home"....

Old age for a deer - is 7 or 8 years. If a deer manages to avoid dying of disease, winter starvation, predators or being hit by a car --- their teeth wear out and they slowly starve to death.

Getting shot by a reasonably good marksman means a death that happens in seconds, minutes at the worst --- instead of weeks or months of pain and suffering.

Personally -- I'd rather take 8 hours dying of being gut-shot --- than spend months starving to death....

20-11-2015, 07:23 PM
I want to hunt deer with a bow.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube