Default Guest Avatar / Favicon.ico

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Default Guest Avatar / Favicon.ico
I always loved including a default avatar for new accounts with my forums anyway you could simply make an avatar with The Thinking Atheist logo, this would be nifty.

[Image: tta.png]

[Image: tta1.png]

[Image: another.png]

Also you could include it as the favicon.ico Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2011, 12:27 AM
RE: Default Guest Avatar / Favicon.ico
Hey thanks Snuff Smile thats a good idea. I've been meaning to add the favicon.ico but didn't get around to it. It's popped up in the apache logs quite a bit!

I'm thinking the icon doesn't scale too well once it shrinks down to 16x16 pixels so maybe it could be made as bold blueish white 'TTA' text with a black background. I uploaded an icon version of one of your pics and it doesn't come out all that clearly as a small icon..

The default avatar I'm thinking instead of a lightbulb make it a large ? and make the graphic look slightly faded.

Right now the avatar looks to striking and it's meant to represent "This user hasn't selected their own picture" or "unknown/new user" - and also the thinking man icon kindof represents atheism and new theist users might not like it. We do welcome theists for discussion and debate and should consider those users too.

Am I being too fussy? Any opinions suggestions are welcomed here! Let me know what you all think.
27-04-2011, 12:46 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2011 01:10 AM by Snuff.)
Fussy? Haha absolutely not. Graphics for a forum as nice as this require time, excellence, and hard work. I can see what I can do or even see if I can get in touch with some old resources of mine to help out Wink
Large question mark without any opacity change of the mark.
[Image: tobig.png]

Large question mark with a darker effect.
[Image: darker.png]

Smaller question mark with no color changes.
[Image: smaller1.png]

Smaller question mark with opacity and darkness.
[Image: small2.png]

Small and blurred.
[Image: blurred.png]

Favicon example.
[Image: ttaico.png]
27-04-2011, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2011 02:23 AM by DeepThought.)
I like the last one best. I think you make the 3d text depth too deep in the others.

Can you darken the face outline a little? Somewhere between the last questionmark and the current face outline brightness.

Also you can try a version with 'TTA' text and see how that looks?

I'll try the new icon now. Actually making the icon 32x32px might be better and more flexible.
Different browsers allow a different number of pixels so as long as it's built to scale well it's fine. If its easy to do what does a whiter blue look like?

I was thinking a white blue like the plasma lamp lightning in my avatar.
27-04-2011, 03:18 AM
[Image: darkerblur.png]

[Image: 32rjr.png] or [Image: ttablue.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Snuff's post
27-04-2011, 06:42 PM
The Thinking Atheist logo incorporates the "Atheist" symbol, but the logo itself represents this site, and all the other things related to it. In essence, the logo represents Seth. Personally, I don't feel that it's appropriate to use the logo, since it isn't ours to use. Especially without Seths consent. I'm afraid I'm going to veto the use of TTA logo, or any modifications of it for now. I'm not trying to be a dick, honest.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
27-04-2011, 07:22 PM
I can create something else for the site if you would like for me to Smile
27-04-2011, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2011 11:03 PM by DeepThought.)

.zip  avatars.zip (Size: 1,008.1 KB / Downloads: 7)
I downloaded a set of extra avatars I was considering adding to the forum. Please check through them..

I will delete this post and attachment once it has been decided.

On the default Icon - I took it down for now. I'll let Seth decide what he wants to do.
27-04-2011, 10:47 PM
I think that package seems good, I'm not real sure whose opinion you were referring to. lol.

Here are some more possible default avatars. Plain and simple blank avatars Smile

[Image: defaultava.gif]

[Image: default128.png]
28-04-2011, 07:04 AM
(27-04-2011 10:35 PM)GodVirusDeleted Wrote:  I downloaded a set of extra avatars I was considering adding to the forum. Please check through them..

I will delete this post and attachment once it has been decided.

On the default Icon - I took it down for now. I'll let Seth decide what he wants to do.
I love the "I am smiling because I have no idea what's going on" one Big Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.