Defiance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2013, 03:33 AM
Defiance
Combining a TV Series with a MMO game. Will it work?

http://phys.org/news/2013-04-defiance-bl....html#nwlt

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2013, 07:44 AM
RE: Defiance
I don't know about the game, but I've been looking forward to the tv show for several weeks now. I watched a 10 minute preview the other day and it looks like it has some potential for being pretty good. Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
15-04-2013, 01:33 PM
It's been getting pretty meh score from the critics.

[Image: giphy.gif]
15-04-2013, 01:54 PM
(15-04-2013 01:33 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  It's been getting pretty meh score from the critics.

So has your mom's BJs. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
20-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Shows awesome, games awesome...I think they might have overdid it in the first episode, moving too far too fast might bite them in the ass later on.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
20-04-2013, 08:33 PM
(20-04-2013 07:17 PM)Likos02 Wrote:  Shows awesome, games awesome...I think they might have overdid it in the first episode, moving too far too fast might bite them in the ass later on.

I had that same feeling. The pilot was so awesome that that I watched it twice.

But I have my reservations if they can maintain the same kind of intensity each week. Of course, SyFy did it with Battlestar Galactica, but they failed to do it with Caprica. I'll keep my hopes low and maybe will be pleasantly surprised.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Defiance Likos02 3 241 08-04-2013 02:55 PM
Last Post: AphexandCambria