Define "reality"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Define "reality"
Im just curious to what people may write..........so have a go in any way you want to really. I reserve my judgement for a while.........Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2011, 09:25 AM

RE: Define "reality"
(31-10-2011 09:22 AM)bemore Wrote:  Im just curious to what people may write..........so have a go in any way you want to really. I reserve my judgement for a while.........Big Grin

Reality.
Everyone, I think, has their own thought of what it is.
I honestly don't believe in reality.
Everyone is always stuck in the future, or their dreams.
I, for one, I'm always dreaming about far away places.
The show Adventure Time is a definite explanation of my thoughts.
They hardly ever make sense.
So, reality is the absense of dreams, to me.

... & what is life, without dreams?
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes calmyourtitsbro's post
31-10-2011, 09:50 AM

Reality is the thing, when you kick it, it kicks back! Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Zatamon's post
31-10-2011, 11:50 AM
That's the lab, right there. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
31-10-2011, 01:06 PM
It's one of those nice undefined terms which, if you look at it too hard, slides away from you. Like truth. But science is the tool for investigating reality, so maybe we should try harder, since we all like science Smile

I will try: we have objective and subjective reality. Subjective reality is what is apparently true, the way we *believe* the world works. For each one of us that is different. We all have our own unique experiences. Also, we're kinda limited - not very bright, stuck on a rock in the middle of nowhere... not likely to stumble upon ultimate truth anytime soon.

Objective reality is what is really there. I allege that there exists a reality independent of any of us, the reality to which our beliefs approximate.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
31-10-2011, 01:22 PM
reality is what makes ideas turn bad. everything is great until you add in reality. Then everything just goes to shit.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
31-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Reality is what i find in the waking world, what i can manipulate and change, what can sustain, damage or kill me.... come to think of it, just what Zatamon said.

Fantasy is what i add that you can't see or touch, or that you add and i can't see or touch, though we can still share through the magic of language and art.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
31-10-2011, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 07:04 AM by Hamata k.)
Reality. Let's break it down. We hace "real" Which means something that is not fake or false. Then we have "ity".....I don't know what it means but I'm sure it contains deep philosophical knowledge of untold power. Anyways. Reality is (as far as I'm concerned) highly subjective. It varies on person to person what reality actualy is. But if real means true and not false that means that some people's realities are false and therefore not reality. Then the subjective part comes in and argues with the real part causing and very large tear in the space time continuum.
So my point is that reality is like a gazebo. YOu shouldn't poke at it and hit it with your sword because as soon as you turn your back it will consume you and your dimension in a furry of nothingness and possibly Chuck Norris.

I hope that clears up what reality is for everyoneBig Grin

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
31-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Neuron activity within the brain....

Gee that was easy.
[+] 2 users Like mysticjbyrd's post
31-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Reality is really fucked up! Wink

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha