Define "reality"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2011, 03:18 PM
RE: Define "reality"
(07-11-2011 11:15 PM)Thinking about Myths Wrote:  Cover your ears, and block your eyes, everything that's going around you now is reality. Trying to actually see and hear it is the problem. Here's some General Relativity that I remember.

Take for example a black hole. Let's say you and a friend were in a space ship and (by the power of God! Dodgy ) could stay close to one. Then your friend decides to get a closer look (we all have friends who're nuts Wink ). He can't resist the gravity of the black hole (he's a sinner Big Grin ) and falls in. From your perspective in the ship, he wouldn't even be sucked in. At any rate, you would see him slowing down, and getting a red tint that grows even redder the more he slows. By his perspective, however, he would be going through a very painful process of spaghettification (stretching out vertically and squeezed in horizontally) on his one way trip to the singularity. This is just one type of black hole; Schwarzschild's black hole, a black hole with mass, no rotation, and no electric charge.

There is one other type, which I believe causes other perspectives; the Reissner-Norström black hole, or a "charged" black hole. With that one, when you get to the inner horizon, the black hole from your perspective actually gets smaller, and then when you actually get to the inner horizon, you'd see a bright flash of light, that is the light from the outside of the universe that is infinitely stored in the inner horizon.
I'm just going by what I read in the past, and seeing as how that's just general relativity, and science is so huge in it's awesomeness, I'm convinced that what we perceive with our eyes and our ears could be wrong on so many levels, but it doesn't bother me none, to be honest.

Sensual deprivation is insanity - stay away from that stuff. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Reality is what your brain interprets from your five senses. Who knows what's really out there???
Huh
Find all posts by this user
10-11-2011, 06:03 PM
(10-11-2011 05:33 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Reality is what your brain interprets from your five senses. Who knows what's really out there???
Huh

Scent is particulate - there may only be 4.

(me and my 4 Tongue)

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user