Degrading the God Concept

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-12-2011, 04:00 PM
RE: Degrading the God Concept
(14-12-2011 03:58 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  
(14-12-2011 02:55 PM)Malleus Wrote:  I don't know dude. I know how to play a few musical instruments, so I am pretty attached to my pinkies' integrity, but if anyone gave me a choice between chopping a pinkie or a piece of my penis... I don't know...

they dont ask infants or preadolescent girls if they want their genitals "trimmed" nor give em a choice Tongue

Which is why it's a violation of human rights.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2011, 03:00 PM
(14-12-2011 12:03 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  
(13-12-2011 05:10 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  As an atheist I am unable to prove the non existence of higher spiritual beings or a cosmic god of some sort. 'Non belief' is quite different from claiming certainty.

What really annoys me is the multitude of religious people who claim, through their faith, that their god holds the entire meaning and truth relevant to the Universe.
This contention is made even worse by fanatics who kill and endanger life as a result of their insane beliefs.

Herewith is a very small number of such beliefs.

(1) Islamic fanatics engaging in indiscriminate genocide to serve Allah; one would think a being in his alleged position would be capable of meting out his own revenge on his creations (b)Clitorectomies performed painfully on babies and small girls by old women using rusty razor blades with the sole intention of denying them sexual pleasure as women.
This claim is only directed to the fanatics involved in such practises.

I find this your post interesting as a whole, but as an ex-muslim, i feel qualified to adress this one statement. I will start with Clitorectomy (in my homeland of Egypt) as it as an issue not very understood by the west (at this point im just clarifying the minor details so i can help my fellow atheists better understant and be informed.)

Clitorectomy as a practice is encouraged by the Religion of Islam, dispite of what is recently said.

I'd just first like to clarify how This ignorant practice is justified by saying that without clitorectomy's a woman will grow up to have an insatiable sexual apitite and will most probably become very promiscuous.

However, in the Hadith (the Biography of Mohammed, a collection of sayings and situations that he was in, muslims are taught to use it as a template for a good human being and take it all to be factually and literally true and benificial.), The porphet this to say:

‘Reduce the size of the clitoris but do not exceed the limit, for that is better for her health and is preferred by husbands.’

At first glance to a muslim (from my personal experience), that seemed like a moderate thing to do. Until you realise the horrifying implications...

Here i will digress for a little while, as males most of us have been circumcised, but at a very early age that the shock and trauma of having part of your dong cut off (that has many many nerve cells that make sex more pleasurable) with no anesthetic occurs too early for any of us to be traumatised of in our later years.

For females however it is a different story, at infancy it is too early to say if a clitoris is "too long", unlike in the penis where the foreskin is just there. This leads to female circumcision to be done when a child is 9+ years old, after thet are forced to strip to a stranger (midwife/barber), have their clitoris and vagina examined and mutilated by unsterilized equipment and inexperienced idiots who wouldn't even be able to judge how long the clitoris should be or how much to cut off. The hadith and Quraan were oddly vague about that.
I want to also add that when female circumcision occurs, it is done without any form of anythetic and in this case the little girl is old enough to be traumatized and possibly psychologically scarred for life. (now u see why i mentioned male circumcision before).

Sadly female circumcision is still widely practiced in the arab world, in Egypt too, which some would consider a relatively modern country of the region.
It is practiced in all the smalltowns throughout Egypt that dont have proper clinics/hospital by inqualified people and also in large cities too like Cairo with the exceptions of some better educated people/families who are only muslims in name and richer folk. In the past few years however, the wife of our former president was on awareness campaigns to end female circumcision and to better educate the people on female health and hygene.

Thank you for reading.
(13-12-2011 08:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm sorry, I just don't get this. Why? Why does what another human believe annoy you? So what it they believe that their god holds the answer to all truth in the universe? How does this directly affect you? If they aren't pushing their beliefs on you, why are you ridiculing their beliefs?

Not trying to sound rude, snarky, or impolite, but I don't understand this mindset.

People kill in the name of god,
mutliate young children's sex organs in the name of god,
treat women like slaves in the name of god,
punish crimes with exaggarated, cruel and brutal forms of punishmen in the name of god,
want to stone homosexuals in the name of god,
want to teach religion akin to scientific theory in the name of god, they are people who work, control media, and dominate politics and they try
to get away with any piece of legislation or brainwashing to spread their particular "harmless beliefs" and meddle into other people's lives in matters of money, sex and almost everything else. They are wicked people with wicked beliefs whether they know it or not.

Hi Jackrabbit.
It was very disconcerting to read that the sexual mutilation of little girls is even more common than many of us realise.
This is certainly child abuse, even worse, as when the child becomes a woman she will be virtually sexless.
It is amazing that some Moslem men do not want their wives to reciprocate in the joy of the sexual act. This is really counterpart to rape.
The notion that without clitorectomies theywill become nymphomaniacs is absurd.
Here in Ausralia some time back a Mullah described "immodest" women as raw meat the suggestion being that relevant to rape etc they got what they deserved.
Find all posts by this user
15-12-2011, 05:20 PM
It's a tribal mindset, Woof. The Arabian male is a vital, powerful, dominant character - from the perspective of the origin of the Koran - the thing he could abide is the power of the woman to seduce him. It's all through "revealed religion." Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2013, 04:48 PM
(15-12-2011 05:20 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It's a tribal mindset, Woof. The Arabian male is a vital, powerful, dominant character - from the perspective of the origin of the Koran - the thing he could abide is the power of the woman to seduce him. It's all through "revealed religion." Wink

Yes! It all gets back to post Goddess, patriarchal phallus worship!
Just as well, we have a separation of powers in most countries other than those Islamic.Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user