Deistic thoughts of an atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2013, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013 03:26 PM by moonbogg.)
RE: Deistic thoughts of an atheist
(09-01-2013 02:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-01-2013 02:28 PM)moonbogg Wrote:  Yep, you got it. I'm just wondering though, at what point do things start to look a little suspicious? Is there a point that things could develop to that would make you a little suspicious? I like thinking about possibilities. So I am wondering, is there a point that life could develop to that would make you simply sit back, take a look at it and say to yourself, "There is no F-ing way that the experience of life is not the goal here"? Is that possible for you? It is for me. Granted the world does not meet that criteria, but I have done this thought experiment and have concluded that I do have a threshold. If one day the universe is just full of life, and its all super advanced, and everyone is in contact with one another and its just one big, huge happy community, then at that point I would sit back and say, "No F-ing way was life not the goal here".
Whose goal?
I don't know. I'm just saying there is a theoretical scenario that would make me suspicious enough to where I would find it likely that a life filled universe was the goal of something. I may remain agnostic due to lack of evidence, but at that point I would suspect that something created the universe or at least was aware of what was happening. I am admitting that I am capable of being pushed into, or close to a faith position with regard to a conscious creator. I find it interesting to test the limits of my skepticism with thought experiments.
EDIT: I can't talk about this stuff with my theist friends because they will think I am turning into a theist and they will only try to drag me into the pit with them. If I can't talk about it with atheists either, then i'm really screwed as far as finding meaningful discussion goes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes moonbogg's post

Messages In This Thread
Deistic thoughts of an atheist - moonbogg - 09-01-2013, 01:36 PM
RE: Deistic thoughts of an atheist - Chas - 09-01-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: Deistic thoughts of an atheist - moonbogg - 09-01-2013 03:19 PM
RE: Deistic thoughts of an atheist - Chas - 09-01-2013, 03:52 PM
RE: Deistic thoughts of an atheist - Chas - 09-01-2013, 04:27 PM
RE: Deistic thoughts of an atheist - kim - 09-01-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: Deistic thoughts of an atheist - Chas - 09-01-2013, 03:35 PM
RE: Deistic thoughts of an atheist - Chas - 09-01-2013, 03:54 PM