Deity Tester 1.0-God fails the test

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2014, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 08:47 PM by grizzlysnake.)
RE: Deity Tester 1.0-God fails the test
(04-11-2014 08:55 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  This is the same god that performed on cue for Elijah in 1 kings 18:21-39 and burned a sacrifice doused with water in front of a multitude of people.

This is the same god that parted the Red Sea in Exodus.

This is the same god that healed people, walked on water and rose from the dead.

But- he can't nudge a marble.
You know what? I think this can work with ghosts and psychics too. Maybe you could make up a product line.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
05-11-2014, 08:43 PM
This thread is genius. I think what is most telling is that no one, not even the most ardent of believers, ever expects the marble to move. Says a lot about faith I think. Well done.
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
05-11-2014, 08:51 PM
(05-11-2014 06:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Playing devil's advocate what would happen if an earthquake moved your marble? Would that satisfy the challenge?

Other than that I think you have waaaayyyyy too much time on your hands Big Grin

Btw love the lettering.

Part of my testing procedure is to monitor it with my security cam, I would verify if any earthquakes occurred, but it's unlikely to produce enough force to move the marble.

I have design 2.0 that I have to work out the construction details of, it will virtually eliminate the possibility of earthquakes or wind affecting it. Yes

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
05-11-2014, 08:58 PM
(05-11-2014 07:25 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 06:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Playing devil's advocate what would happen if an earthquake moved your marble? Would that satisfy the challenge?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C5%ABaumoko

Quote:In Māori mythology, Rūaumoko (also known as Rūamoko) is the god of earthquakes, volcanoes and seasons.[1][2] He is the youngest son of Ranginui (the Sky father) and Papatūānuku (the Earth mother) (commonly called Rangi and Papa).[2]

Give it a shot...what have you got to lose?

Hmmm, I did offer a generic prayer to all deities that should cover Ruamoko, but I think I'll include that one specifically once I construct Deity Tester 2.0.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
09-11-2014, 07:49 AM
I constructed Deity Tester 2.0, it consists of a simple cardboard disk that sits on a conical plastic tube, all the deity has to do to verify it's existence is turn the cardboard disk per instruction -typically 90, 180 or 270 degrees. This way, there is an intelligent component involved if the deity turns the disc according to instruction. There is almost no chance of earthquakes, wind, or even a pet moving it according to instructions.

[Image: Deitytester20_zps000c1cdc.jpg]

I've tested for YHWH, Jesus, and all generic gods with it. The instructions were to rotate the disk 90, 180 or 270 degrees withing a ten second time frame after the prayer invocation, here are the results:

YHWH 10 seconds- no movement
Jesus 10 seconds- no movement
All gods 10 seconds- no movement

Oh, and I have the religious symbology of Jesus on it - two crosses. If that doesn't get Jesus/YHWH to move it, probably nothing will. Big Grin

[+] 6 users Like TheInquisition's post
09-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Laugh out load Inq, you are cracking me up!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
09-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Re: Deity Tester 1.0-God fails the test
I suggest an animal sacrifice. No movement means a good day on the grill.

Don't forget Ra and Osiris. When there's a storm, ask Thor. Just not the Marvel one.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
09-11-2014, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2014 11:42 PM by EvolutionKills.)
Well, clearly your problem is that the label on your test machines didn't use Comic Sans! God loves Comic Sans!

[Image: tXBvIs6.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Re: Deity Tester 1.0-God fails the test
EvolutionKills, if this thing finds a deity, I hope it damns you.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
10-11-2014, 09:48 PM
People have already said why these kind of test are stupid for years already: You need faith in God (Luke 17:6, Romans 1:20)