Delete My Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2013, 10:18 AM
RE: Delete My Account
(07-06-2013 10:13 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-06-2013 09:29 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  He will back in a little while with a new account. The benefit of this? Not enough neg reps on his account to prevent giving out reps at some point.

But can't you mods remove neg reps unfairly given?

Yes but who can say that any negative reps Egor got from his tantrums were "unfairly given". Thing that get me is if he would have left over the thing yesterday it would have made some small amount of sense and he could have played the victim card. This however was just being a drama queen to be a drama queen and had little or nothing to do with what was being discussed.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
07-06-2013, 10:25 AM
I don't see the big deal with deleting his account. He asked for it, it's just respecting a member's wishes. He'll be back tomorrow with a new account and that's fine. I'm just pissed that he couldn't sac up and throw with me.

I even sent him a pm so as not to have to air this shit on a thread. His response?

"fuck you, traitor"

Then just like that I was blocked from sending him messages. Fuck is that? He can sure dish some disrespectful pussy shit, but never will he back it up.

I'm actually just pissed that I let that fucking dummy get to me. You can make fun of me, I deserve it. Fucking hell.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
07-06-2013, 10:26 AM
(07-06-2013 10:13 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-06-2013 09:29 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  He will back in a little while with a new account. The benefit of this? Not enough neg reps on his account to prevent giving out reps at some point.

But can't you mods remove neg reps unfairly given?

It can be done. Not by me, but it can be done.

Just as I do not say the pledge of allegiance to the flag of a nation, which I do indeed love, I do not personally engage in the activity of editing or "remove negative reps". Another Mod can do this for anyone ... I simply exercise my right to dissent. Drinking Beverage No biggie.

On a related note; from a place of encouragement ... I might consider a "bad" rep point from an asshole to be a battle scar. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
07-06-2013, 10:27 AM
My 'battle scars' are from Egor and FZU...go figure.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-06-2013, 10:36 AM
(07-06-2013 10:27 AM)Anjele Wrote:  My 'battle scars' are from Egor and FZU...go figure.

Badges of Honor, my dear, Badges of Honor. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2013, 10:37 AM
On the topic of deleting accounts.
Remember people, he is 50 years old (or close enough). He is old enough to be aware of his actions.
He wanted his account deleted, serious or not he asked for it, and as a 40-something/50 year old man, he can just accept the consequences of those actions, desired or not.
Remember that before you'll jump down Scotties throat.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
07-06-2013, 10:40 AM
(07-06-2013 09:27 AM)kim Wrote:  I don't want his account deleted - it's not a good idea.

He's unregistered now. That's that. Deleting his account or removing his posts would amount to censorship and would piss me at least off immensely. Censorship to provide cover or plausible deniability for being a prick and an asshole is every bit as troubling as censorship to prevent the spread of ideas. And now he can't even edit his own posts to try and cover himself. Let it lie.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-06-2013, 10:41 AM
The reason I don't like the USA is that the yanks call you a terrorist if you critisise their crap food, insane social problem, rudeness and arrogance.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
07-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Deleting reps is not what I was aiming at if he comes back. I was getting at the idea that he feels he deserves a certain measure of power on the forum (as evidenced by his self-nominations) and he is mad that he can't even give out reps because he is (was) in the red.

He will come back anew* and feel he has gained some measure of power and go back to being his usual obtuse self.

*anew for Ego® means to revert back to some previous state.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
07-06-2013, 10:43 AM
I agree with NOT deleting his posts. Let them remain so that when he tries to come back his words are still here.

I just hope we don't have weeks of arguing over it continuing to give him power over the forum...he had enough of that for too long.

Adios Egor...maybe now you will find what you are searching for,

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy