Delusions make the human mind that more amazing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2014, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2014 02:40 PM by Mozart Link.)
Delusions make the human mind that more amazing
People with either delusions of grandeur or the delusional belief in a God or afterlife should not be frowned upon because mental delusions are just one of the many amazing functions of the human mind. I'm sure many atheists admire the beauty of knowing how things scientifically work and such. Therefore, you should acknowledge the fact that anyone with a delusional belief has a beautiful scientific inner working of their minds and you should not frown upon it and convince them otherwise of their beliefs and such. I realize that atheists value the truth that there is no God and afterlife, but you should also value the fact that any attitude or delusional belief a person has is just something scientifically meant for survival. You should not try to change how things work according to science in this specific situation (which means not trying to change this person's beliefs). However, when it comes to the beliefs either causing harm to themselves or anyone else, that's when it's time to intervene. But other than that, if this person's belief just simply brings them personal pleasure in life, then it should not be frowned upon at all and should be acknowledged as an amazing function of his/her mind that makes this person that more amazing. I have delusions of grandeur and I don't have the intention of harming anyone or halting scientific progress.

Edit: There are innocent people here just living their own fantasy world not harming others or causing wars and we should just leave these people alone and never tell them the truth of reality as long as they are happy with their fantasies. We should encourage their fantasies to make them even more happy. If your attitude is that we should convince these people otherwise because the more people we have who realize the facts of reality, the more progress we have in science and such, then what if they never wanted to be that way and being that way makes them disappointed and depressed? Not to mention, some people don't even care about science and supporting it--they are just fine living their own innocent happy lives. Therefore, it's not worth it at all to tell them the truth of reality just for the possible sake of getting a more few people here and there to support science when the fact is that science is already being well supported by many people.

Final Edit: Many people think that those who live in a fantasy world are somehow weak or useless to society, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. I am using my “living in a fantasy world” mindset to compose music. Composing music is something that greatly contributes to society (even pieces of music that have fantasy-like emotion to them since even these types of music are honored by many people whether it just be instrumental or even with lyrics and such). The mindset that I wish to live in a fantasy world is very important to me because I use that in composing music that has beautiful fantasy-like emotion to it and such and I do not want anything in reality to interfere with it. Although there are people who do use inspiration from reality and use that to compose music, I am not this type of person at all. I can use my inspiration from fantasy to achieve greatness and success in life just as good (if not better) than those people who do with inspiration from reality. Therefore, this right here says that my personal delusions of grandeur through fantasy will not have negative consequences and are just as good (if not better) than reality itself. Instead, I will be someone great and perhaps very successful in life through being a composer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2014, 11:43 PM
RE: Delusions make the human mind that more amazing
(17-08-2014 11:18 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  People with either delusions of grandeur or the delusional belief in a God or afterlife should not be frowned upon because mental delusions are just one of the many amazing functions of the human mind. I'm sure many atheists admire the beauty of knowing how things scientifically work and such. Therefore, you should acknowledge the fact that anyone with a delusional belief has a beautiful scientific inner working of their minds and you should not frown upon it and convince them otherwise of their beliefs and such. I realize that atheists value the truth that there is no God and afterlife, but you should also value the fact that any attitude or delusional belief a person has is just something scientifically meant for survival. You should not try to change how things work according to science in this specific situation (which means not trying to change this person's beliefs). However, when it comes to the beliefs either causing harm to themselves or anyone else, that's when it's time to intervene. But other than that, if this person's belief just simply brings them personal pleasure in life, then it should not be frowned upon at all and should be acknowledged as an amazing function of his/her mind that makes this person that more amazing. I have delusions of grandeur and I don't have the intention of harming anyone or halting scientific progress.

[Image: 136708069942.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
17-08-2014, 11:44 PM
I had a beautiful vision... That somehow, not a single person would respond to this guys thread
[+] 3 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
17-08-2014, 11:46 PM
(17-08-2014 11:44 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I had a beautiful vision... That somehow, not a single person would respond to this guys thread

Sorry I ruined that one for you, but I couldn't resist Sweetie Belle.

17-08-2014, 11:55 PM
Now I realize that the reason you think having these delusions is bad anyway despite my argument here is because you feel that they do, in fact, cause harm and halt scientific progress. But as I just explained, I am someone with delusions of grandeur and, yet, I have no such intentions. Also, if someone innocent was just living their own personal fantasy life not harming anyone and such, why would you frown upon this person and try to convince them that their beliefs are wrong and tell them the truth of reality? Even if everyone on this planet was innocent living in a fantasy world and halting scientific progress (but not harming anyone), even then you should not frown upon these people. Instead, you should say something such as that scientific progress is being halted and that we need people who can support and that anyone is freely open to do so.
18-08-2014, 12:00 AM
(17-08-2014 11:55 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  Now I realize that the reason you think having these delusions is bad anyway despite my argument here is because you feel that they do, in fact, cause harm and halt scientific progress. But as I just explained, I am someone with delusions of grandeur and, yet, I have no such intentions. Also, if someone innocent was just living their own personal fantasy life not harming anyone and such, why would you frown upon this person and try to convince them that their beliefs are wrong and tell them the truth of reality? Even if everyone on this planet was innocent living in a fantasy world and halting scientific progress (but not harming anyone), even then you should not frown upon these people. Instead, you should say something such as that scientific progress is being halted and that we need people who can support and that anyone is freely open to do so.

[Image: 161289__UNOPT__safe_animated_image-macro...%20(1).gif]

18-08-2014, 12:04 AM
I think man creating the idea of 'god' or 'gods' was inevitable in a time when we as a species did not understand the way our world (much less our universe) worked. It is in our nature to attempt to explain what we don't know, and a few thousand years ago we didn't know shit. What we have now with 'God' or 'Allah' is simply the evolution of religion.

The problem is that a deity or deities no longer serve a purpose. Their only functions left are breeding chaos, hatred, war and death. It also makes for a handy tool to manipulate the general, less educated populace. However, you don't have to be a genius to pull back the curtain very far on these fairy tales to see that it was all put together by mortal men.
18-08-2014, 12:18 AM
(18-08-2014 12:04 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I think man creating the idea of 'god' or 'gods' was inevitable in a time when we as a species did not understand the way our world (much less our universe) worked. It is in our nature to attempt to explain what we don't know, and a few thousand years ago we didn't know shit. What we have now with 'God' or 'Allah' is simply the evolution of religion.

The problem is that a deity or deities no longer serve a purpose. Their only functions left are breeding chaos, hatred, war and death. It also makes for a handy tool to manipulate the general, less educated populace. However, you don't have to be a genius to pull back the curtain very far on these fairy tales to see that it was all put together by mortal men.
But there are innocent people here just living their own fantasy world not harming others or causing wars and we should just leave these people alone and never tell them the truth of reality as long as they are happy with their fantasies. We should encourage their fantasies to make them even more happy. If your attitude is that we should convince these people otherwise because the more people we have who realize the facts of reality, the more progress we have in science and such, then what if they never wanted to be that way and being that way makes them disappointed and depressed? Not to mention, some people don't even care about science and supporting it--they are just fine living their own innocent happy lives. Therefore, it's not worth it at all to tell them the truth of reality just for the possible sake of getting a more few people here and there to support science when the fact is that science is already being well supported by many people.
18-08-2014, 12:27 AM
(18-08-2014 12:18 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(18-08-2014 12:04 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I think man creating the idea of 'god' or 'gods' was inevitable in a time when we as a species did not understand the way our world (much less our universe) worked. It is in our nature to attempt to explain what we don't know, and a few thousand years ago we didn't know shit. What we have now with 'God' or 'Allah' is simply the evolution of religion.

But there are innocent people here just living their own fantasy world not harming others or causing wars and we should just leave these people alone and never tell them the truth of reality as long as they are happy with their fantasies. We should encourage their fantasies to make them even more happy. If your attitude is that we should convince these people otherwise because the more people we have who realize the facts of reality, the more progress we have in science and such, then what if they never wanted to be that way and being that way makes them disappointed and depressed? Not to mention, some people don't even care about science and supporting it--they are just fine living their own innocent happy lives. Therefore, it's not worth it at all to tell them the truth of reality just for the possible sake of getting a more few people here and there to support science when the fact is that science is already being well supported by many people.

[Image: mlfw3909-tldrblack.gif]

18-08-2014, 07:23 AM
For anyone who will take the time to fully read my opening post (unlike some people here), I have edited some more information into it. Therefore, what do you think of that post now? Am I now right and no longer should be perceived as someone who is not intelligent, immature, etc.? If that's not the case, then please explain how I am wrong in my opening post.