Delusions make the human mind that more amazing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2014, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2014 01:18 PM by Mozart Link.)
RE: Delusions make the human mind that more amazing
(18-08-2014 10:34 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Where do you draw the line?

I personally have no objections to you believing that you're speshul and living in la-la land. But I can't say the same for serious drug users and alcoholics, who are basically doing the same thing = escaping from reality.

In both cases, the person living in a deep fantasy no longer contributes to society, but in fact becomes a burden to society. And that I object to very much.

I am of the opinion that religion falls into the category of fantasy. Your mileage may vary.
Based on my arguments regarding pleasure (hedonism) being the most important thing in life in one of my other topics and such, even if this person were a burden to society, as long as this person's delusional fantasies bring him/her more pleasure than if he/she didn't have them, then we should not tell these types of people the truth of reality or try to convince them that their fantasies are wrong. This would, again, be because their happiness (emotional well-being) is the most important thing here in this specific situation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Lol "one"

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
18-08-2014, 01:37 PM
(18-08-2014 01:25 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Lol "one"
I realize that you are criticizing me and trying to kick me off this forum, but that is not going to happen since I do not care about what others think. I freely express myself as I so choose and do not care if others are offended by it.

Now I have neither any sense of humility or humiliation and do not feel any negative emotion whatsoever of posts here that either criticize or make fun of me. I am all cool and smug about it and feel superior and such for feeling that way and not being affected by anyone else's views. I may come across as some angry spoiled whiny brat posting here, but I am not angry at all either--I am just simply posting my beliefs here out of pure interest of what others have to say about them.

Many people think that those who live in a fantasy world are somehow weak or useless to society, but this couldn't be further from the truth. I am using my "living in a fantasy world" mindset to compose music. Composing music is something that greatly contributes to society (even pieces of music that have fantasy-like emotion to them since even these types of music are honored by many people whether it just be instrumental or even with lyrics and such).
18-08-2014, 01:53 PM
1.) You don't care what others think which is why you have spent weeks asking people what they think of your rambling nonsense and trying to justify it to them.

"I don't care what anyone thinks but I'm curious what everyone thinks." Its no wonder you have to pretend your superior, you're stone cold stupid.

You should "fantasize" you can lie much much harder.

2.) You just accidentally admitted you're a spoiled whiny brat. Lulz.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
18-08-2014, 02:00 PM
(18-08-2014 01:53 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  1.) You don't care what others think which is why you have spent weeks asking people what they think of your rambling nonsense and trying to justify it to them.

"I don't care what anyone thinks but I'm curious what everyone thinks." Its no wonder you have to pretend your superior you're stone cold stupid.

You should "fantasize" you can lie much much harder.

2.) You just accidentally admitted you're a spoiled whiny brat. Lulz.
I do care about what others say only in one specific sense in that I am just curious as to whether I am somehow wrong about all of my beliefs and if they can be argued against and that if I can somehow be convinced by the argument of others to the point where I can no longer argue against these people. But I do not care about what others think in the sense that criticism and such does not bother me at all.

Now continuing on from my point about composing which is what I want others to focus on now and my previous statement I just made about composing through the "living in a fantasy world" mindset. The mindset that I wish to live in a fantasy world is very important to me because I use that in composing music that has beautiful fantasy-like emotion to it and such and I do not want anything in reality to interfere with it. Although there are people who do use inspiration from reality and use that to compose music, I am not this type of person at all. I can use my inspiration from fantasy to achieve greatness and success in life just as good (if not better) than those people who do with inspiration from reality. Therefore, this right here says that my personal delusions of grandeur through fantasy will not have negative consequences and are just as good (if not better) than reality itself. Instead, I will be someone great and perhaps very successful in life through being a composer.
18-08-2014, 02:01 PM
I think it's hammer time. Where is the hammer ?
18-08-2014, 03:12 PM
(18-08-2014 12:18 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(18-08-2014 12:04 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I think man creating the idea of 'god' or 'gods' was inevitable in a time when we as a species did not understand the way our world (much less our universe) worked. It is in our nature to attempt to explain what we don't know, and a few thousand years ago we didn't know shit. What we have now with 'God' or 'Allah' is simply the evolution of religion.

The problem is that a deity or deities no longer serve a purpose. Their only functions left are breeding chaos, hatred, war and death. It also makes for a handy tool to manipulate the general, less educated populace. However, you don't have to be a genius to pull back the curtain very far on these fairy tales to see that it was all put together by mortal men.
But there are innocent people here just living their own fantasy world not harming others or causing wars and we should just leave these people alone and never tell them the truth of reality as long as they are happy with their fantasies. We should encourage their fantasies to make them even more happy. If your attitude is that we should convince these people otherwise because the more people we have who realize the facts of reality, the more progress we have in science and such, then what if they never wanted to be that way and being that way makes them disappointed and depressed? Not to mention, some people don't even care about science and supporting it--they are just fine living their own innocent happy lives. Therefore, it's not worth it at all to tell them the truth of reality just for the possible sake of getting a more few people here and there to support science when the fact is that science is already being well supported by many people.

I'm sure there are some people that fit your discription, that reside in their own fantasy and are happy with that , but in my experience, they are the minority. Most people from religious fantasy land have a need to spread their fantasy, sometimes by any means necessary, to others that are happy with their own view of the world. Or they try to spread their fantasy through political means. It is at that time that it is not only appropriate, but sometimes necessary, to test their fantasy with science or logic.
18-08-2014, 03:13 PM
(18-08-2014 12:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: 161289__UNOPT__safe_animated_image-macro...%20(1).gif]

"Didn't read lol" - atheism in a nutshell

Truth seeker.
18-08-2014, 03:19 PM
(18-08-2014 03:13 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(18-08-2014 12:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: 161289__UNOPT__safe_animated_image-macro...%20(1).gif]

"Didn't read lol" - atheism in a nutshell

[Image: 71703d1364525890-just-couple-quick-quest...harder-jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
18-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Also, pleasure is something meant for survival. Therefore, if you receive pleasure from delusional fantasies, this is obviously a survival mechanism.