Delusions make the human mind that more amazing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2014, 04:14 PM
RE: Delusions make the human mind that more amazing
(18-08-2014 03:13 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(18-08-2014 12:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: 161289__UNOPT__safe_animated_image-macro...%20(1).gif]

"Didn't read lol" - atheism in a nutshell
"Can't read Lol" diddo in a nutshell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2014, 07:23 PM
(18-08-2014 02:00 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  Now continuing on from my point about composing which is what I want others to focus on now..

Make sure that party sub is razor blade flavored. If you compose as good as you argue or think then it's no wonder you have to pretend.
18-08-2014, 08:15 PM
(18-08-2014 08:50 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(18-08-2014 08:27 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  The judgement should be what effect it has on Human Life Ultimately, in the long run. In the long run is it better to live in reality or a fantasy world?

If you look at a virus you might say this is amazing, just look at how this thing enters the blood stream and inserts itself into cells and gets its DNA replicated by the cell and new copies of itself made. You might marvel at the ability and the process but ultimately it is harmful because it destroys living cells that you nee.
First off, you would have no way of knowing for a fact if this innocent person's delusions would ever have negative consequences because any thought and such besides delusional beliefs (even scientific knowledge) might have negative consequences since science can be used for negative consequences. Since you would have no way of knowing, you should then admire and leave innocent people alone who have delusional fantasies just like you would admire and leave people who are scientists and atheists alone. But until this innocent person somehow decides to harm themselves and others and cause negative consequences (which might never happen), the happiness of these innocent people is the only thing that matters at this moment and not what others think of them and there would be no reason at all to tell them the truth of reality or try to convince them otherwise.

Second, explain how an innocent caring person would end up having negative consequences by having his/her delusions if the delusion is something without morals? I know that even innocent people with delusional beliefs in a God with the morals along with it would do something such as sacrifice others because they thought it was the right thing for God. But if you take away the morals and just have the delusional fantasy alone by itself, I do not see how there would be any negative consequences from it. For example, how would the delusional belief of there being heaven by itself without any morals have negative consequences if this belief is something that just brings this innocent person personal pleasure in life?

Here's how I think it would inevitably lead to harm. Since reality is a unified whole, the facts of reality are all connected so that a conflict would inevitably arise from the delusion. Now the person confronted with facts that contradict his dillusion would have to either give up the dillusion or go to war with reality. if a person is at war with reality then he will be unable to reason effectively.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post