Dem Birds

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2016, 05:26 AM
Dem Birds
Hello,

it's me. I am a mystic, philosopher and musician searching for the exchange of opinions in discussion with intelligent people and I have found that atheist are some sort of really cool and intelligent people very often. I really appreciate the existence of atheists and their clever way to discuss religion. Yet I am not an atheist myself. I may probably be called a pantheist and everything I believe originates from my personal experience and reviewing patterns in comparison with patterns.

I read about the forum rules and now I am somewhat afraid. I am a sensible person and I really enjoy people being kind to each other no matter what the state of a debate is. So I hope you wont insult me or behave towards me in a rude manner. Thats everything I ask for or otherwise I'll stop answering your posts.

I consider myself intelligent and searching for truth and I hope to meet people with likewise personalities as well as to express myself towards the world and talk about my beliefs, discuss their likelihood and grow bigger.

Everything in my life is about growing bigger and therefore I hope I've found a cool new forum with friendly and intelligent people to empower that.

Have a nice day and let's have good talks Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2016, 06:15 AM
RE: Dem Birds
Welcome!
04-11-2016, 06:26 AM
Welcome.

Do you pray to the Goddess Apophenia? Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
04-11-2016, 06:57 AM
At work.

Hello! Big Grin

Thumbsup
04-11-2016, 07:00 AM
Welcome to TTA!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-11-2016, 08:18 AM
Welcome! Your success with calm, intelligent discussion will rely on calm, intelligent posts. Look up "Renaissance Man" on this site for a counterexample. You seem to be stringing words together pretty well, so you should be OK. Smile
04-11-2016, 08:28 AM
Welcome. Big Grin Yeah, we're a pretty smart bunch and funnier than theists too. A little sarcastic, it's true, but still very, very funny. Big Grin

In a few weeks there's some turkeys that better do some praying 'cause one of them is gonna end up on my dinner plate. Drooling

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-11-2016, 08:46 AM
Welcome Praying Birds!

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
04-11-2016, 09:19 AM
Greetings Smile

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
04-11-2016, 03:18 PM
Glad you're here, Birds. We're generally pretty laid back, so long as a person doesn't treat us like some form of subhuman. It's often amazing to me how rude theists can be to us, and then have the audacity to act surprised when we return contempt with derision.

You sound like a thoughtful person. We have plenty of members who are not atheists and yet are respected and even admired by the atheist members, here. I hope you find a place in the community.

On the other hand, don't expect ideas you throw out to be treated with kid gloves. We don't treat anyone differently because they are or are not atheists-- bad ideas will be criticized and torn apart no matter who proposes them. If you cannot defend your ideas without becoming personally offended by the criticism, this may not be the place to posit them.

Welcome to TTA. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson