Democrat convention

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2016, 07:08 AM
RE: Democratic convention
(25-07-2016 11:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I enjoyed Bernie's speech.

I did too. And he has influenced the dem policies quite a bit - as I expected. When he took so long to officially back out he was obviously negotiating with the party.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2016, 07:26 AM
How good is this picture Laugh out load

[Image: 25iybdw.jpg]

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
26-07-2016, 08:45 AM
(26-07-2016 07:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  

I did too. And he has influenced the dem policies quite a bit - as I expected. When he took so long to officially back out he was obviously negotiating with the party.

Can you say "legal weed" as part of the Democratic platform. Smile

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-07-2016, 08:56 AM
(25-07-2016 08:02 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  John "I MEAN COMON PEOPLE ITS 2016" Oliver?

[Image: CZWmm7VUAAEInuu.jpg]

Considering many American politician seems to dream about a return to 50's values (despite the fact the world has changed tremendously since then, that the 50's were not an especially good time and that systemic racism, sexism and homophobia aren't tolerated any more), I think it's legitimate criticism. But, I agree that the joke does get old after a while.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
26-07-2016, 09:10 AM
(25-07-2016 08:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  I had no idea that Michelle was such a good speaker. She did real well.

When she runs for the office I’m voting for her.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
26-07-2016, 09:55 AM
(26-07-2016 07:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  

This is something I don't think a lot of his ardent supporters understand. He influenced the entire platform and dragged Hillary and the party to the left. It may not be the "revolution" they hoped for, but I honestly think (and I've always been a supporter of his) that this might be the best chance any of Bernie's ideas could have had at getting implemented as actual policy/law. I think he knew this from the beginning. He's finishing his campaign as perhaps the strongest and most influential 2nd-place candidate ever. That's good enough for me.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
26-07-2016, 11:49 AM
RE: Democrat convention
(26-07-2016 08:45 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 07:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  I did too. And he has influenced the dem policies quite a bit - as I expected. When he took so long to officially back out he was obviously negotiating with the party.

Can you say "legal weed" as part of the Democratic platform. Smile

The Libertarians were doing that 20 years ago.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-07-2016, 12:22 PM
(26-07-2016 09:55 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 07:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  I did too. And he has influenced the dem policies quite a bit - as I expected. When he took so long to officially back out he was obviously negotiating with the party.

This is something I don't think a lot of his ardent supporters understand. He influenced the entire platform and dragged Hillary and the party to the left. It may not be the "revolution" they hoped for, but I honestly think (and I've always been a supporter of his) that this might be the best chance any of Bernie's ideas could have had at getting implemented as actual policy/law. I think he knew this from the beginning. He's finishing his campaign as perhaps the strongest and most influential 2nd-place candidate ever. That's good enough for me.
Too bad that the Democratic platform isn't binding. Hillary can do whatever she wants if she is elected president.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
26-07-2016, 02:10 PM
(26-07-2016 12:22 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 09:55 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  This is something I don't think a lot of his ardent supporters understand. He influenced the entire platform and dragged Hillary and the party to the left. It may not be the "revolution" they hoped for, but I honestly think (and I've always been a supporter of his) that this might be the best chance any of Bernie's ideas could have had at getting implemented as actual policy/law. I think he knew this from the beginning. He's finishing his campaign as perhaps the strongest and most influential 2nd-place candidate ever. That's good enough for me.
Too bad that the Democratic platform isn't binding. Hillary can do whatever she wants if she is elected president.

Can she fly? On a broomstick?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-07-2016, 02:21 PM
(26-07-2016 02:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 12:22 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Too bad that the Democratic platform isn't binding. Hillary can do whatever she wants if she is elected president.

Can she fly? On a broomstick?

[Image: crooked_hillary_rgb_ben_garrison.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]