Democrat convention

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: Democrat convention
(25-07-2016 09:32 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm looking forward to Michelle Obama's speech.

Hoping she quotes Mrs Trump for the shits and giggles.

Big Grin

It would be hilarious but I think she's too classy to do that.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
27-07-2016, 06:38 AM
Can someone explain to me how the Democrats can have illegal immigrants speaking at their convention without ICE officers coming in to arrest them afterwards? How is it that they can openly flaunt the law like that and get away with it?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
27-07-2016, 06:45 AM
(27-07-2016 06:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Can someone explain to me how the Democrats can have illegal immigrants speaking at their convention without ICE officers coming in to arrest them afterwards? How is it that they can openly flaunt the law like that and get away with it?

¿Qué?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
27-07-2016, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2016 06:50 AM by Dom.)
(27-07-2016 06:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Can someone explain to me how the Democrats can have illegal immigrants speaking at their convention without ICE officers coming in to arrest them afterwards? How is it that they can openly flaunt the law like that and get away with it?

Because the law affecting them is currently not enforced. That is what all the hoopla about immigrants is about in the first place. No one seeks out illegal immigrants. If they run afoul of the law they are deported. That's it at the time. The whole situation makes no sense and they have been the subject of many political fights. This is really nothing new here. Without illegals agriculture would pretty much collapse. So they are largely ignored. Every administration attempts to either enforce the law or get rid of it, and nothing is ever done because of the fact that they are crucial for our agriculture. What the US needs is a regulated guest worker program.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
29-07-2016, 02:49 PM
I hesitate to say it but...

This was fucking amazing!

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
29-07-2016, 02:57 PM
(27-07-2016 06:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  

Because the law affecting them is currently not enforced. That is what all the hoopla about immigrants is about in the first place. No one seeks out illegal immigrants. If they run afoul of the law they are deported. That's it at the time. The whole situation makes no sense and they have been the subject of many political fights. This is really nothing new here. Without illegals agriculture would pretty much collapse. So they are largely ignored. Every administration attempts to either enforce the law or get rid of it, and nothing is ever done because of the fact that they are crucial for our agriculture. What the US needs is a regulated guest worker program.

When was it? 20 years ago the INS was dragging the fields in South Florida collecting illegal ingredients and putting them on a bus to Mexico, even if they weren't Mexicans in some cases.It came to pass that there was no one to pick tomatoes. A lot of them rotted in the fields. There were none in the stores in Chicago until laws were changed to import them from Mexico and then people started dying in Chicago because the Mexican tomatoes had been fertilized with human shit! Always a trade off!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
29-07-2016, 04:08 PM

Simple. Most of the ICE officers are illegal immigrants. Silly boy.

#sigh
29-07-2016, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2016 10:56 PM by GirlyMan.)
Hero's dad to Trump:

"Have you ever been to Arlington Cemetery? Go look at the graves of the brave patriots who died defending America -- you will see all faiths, genders and ethnicities. You have sacrificed nothing and no one."

"Donald Trump, you're asking Americans to trust you with their future. Let me ask you, have you even read the United States Constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy. In this document, look for the words, look for the words, liberty and equal protection (under) law."

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-07-2016, 06:36 AM
(26-07-2016 12:22 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 09:55 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  This is something I don't think a lot of his ardent supporters understand. He influenced the entire platform and dragged Hillary and the party to the left. It may not be the "revolution" they hoped for, but I honestly think (and I've always been a supporter of his) that this might be the best chance any of Bernie's ideas could have had at getting implemented as actual policy/law. I think he knew this from the beginning. He's finishing his campaign as perhaps the strongest and most influential 2nd-place candidate ever. That's good enough for me.
Too bad that the Democratic platform isn't binding. Hillary can do whatever she wants if she is elected president.

Where did you get the idea that the Republican platform was binding? The political parties have nothing to actually go with governing. Their platforms are a supposed to be a list of common beliefs. But, a member of that party is under zero obligation to follow any of it.

So, let's now change your statement to "too bad that the Republican platform isn't binding. Trump can do whatever he wants if he is elected president".

Dude, seriously, you've gone from someone who made a reasoned argument to someone just making shit up because he's angry about something.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
30-07-2016, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2016 07:36 AM by Vosur.)
(30-07-2016 06:36 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 12:22 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Too bad that the Democratic platform isn't binding. Hillary can do whatever she wants if she is elected president.

Where did you get the idea that the Republican platform was binding? The political parties have nothing to actually go with governing. Their platforms are a supposed to be a list of common beliefs. But, a member of that party is under zero obligation to follow any of it.

So, let's now change your statement to "too bad that the Republican platform isn't binding. Trump can do whatever he wants if he is elected president".

Dude, seriously, you've gone from someone who made a reasoned argument to someone just making shit up because he's angry about something.
Whoa there, cowboy. Where did I say that the Republican platform is binding? At least do me the courtesy of not making shit up when you accuse me of making shit up. Are you mad, bro? Laughat

Edit: Just in case it wasn't clear: My point was that the "victory" that Bernie achieved by changing the Democratic platform is a hollow one because nothing obligates Hillary to implement his changes as president.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]