Democrats filibustering for gun control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2016, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2016 10:01 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
RE: Democrats filibustering for gun control
Gun control is pointless. No law on the books will stop terrorists.

I'll make this simple. Over in France, strict gun control didn't stop the Charlie Hebdo attack that killed 11 or the 130 killed at the Paris concert. 141 people killed by weapons that were 100% illegal.

We can pass all the feel good laws we want. Terrorists will smuggle them in from Mexico or other means. Or as we saw in Orlando, our own citizens can become radicalized and no law on the books could have stopped him.

The game has changed. The western world is at war. The enemy doesn't attack military targets exclusively. This enemy has no problem attacking civilians, including women and children. They will continue to attack locations where people congregate in large numbers, with few entry/exit points, like shooting fish in a bucket. These locations will be gun free zones where people can't shoot back. In Orlando, it would have been illegal for any of the victims to be armed as it's illegal to bring firearms into bars/clubs that serve alcohol. They followed the law and couldn't defend themselves.

As we learned from Paris, terrorists won't follow gun laws. They'll get guns no matter what laws are on the books. We are all potential victims. That "gun free zone" sign on the door at your local mall or at Target or Starbucks might make you feel safe but to terrorists it's an open invitation. They know everyone inside is unarmed and a sitting duck.

For me, I'd rather have a fighting chance. I carry a Glock 29 everywhere I go. If I go somewhere I cannot bring my gun, it's only to those locations that check everyone with metal detectors at the gate (courthouses, theme parks etc). Any gun free zone that does not have added security will not get my business.

As I said, the game has changed. ISIS will continue to attack us here, on American soil. They will attack women and children. They will attack gun free zones in areas that are heavily populated with few exit points.

Protect yourselves.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
17-06-2016, 09:59 AM
I will add that no fly list/terror watch list should be banned from buying guns, but they need due process.

17-06-2016, 10:22 AM
(17-06-2016 09:25 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Or as we saw in Orlando, our own citizens can become radicalized and no law on the books could have stopped him.

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

US law enforcement had ample opportunity to stop the POS from doing what he did in Orlando. Just no law on the books to let them. This asshole had been on the FBI's radar years. Three weeks prior to the massacre a local gun shop refused to sell him body armor and reported it as suspicious activity to the FBI. That's plenty of reason to flag someone in NICS. That could have put a hold on his weapons purchase long enough for someone to ask why he was buying this stuff. If that had happened fifty people wouldn't have died.

That doesn't mean he couldn't have eventually have done what he did. He could have got some asshole like you to supply the guns. But, once again, if a background check on a private transfer was required the sale could have been flagged.

And just so you know I'm not a gun grabber today is bring your fucking assault rifle to work day here. This is my desk with my rifle and your bullshit fucking post.

[Image: desk_zpsrqhqhifl.jpg]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
17-06-2016, 10:28 AM
(17-06-2016 09:59 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I will add that no fly list/terror watch list should be banned from buying guns, but they need due process.

Well what do you know. Maybe gun control isn't as pointless as you want it to be...

How do you even function with the cognitive dissonance going on in your head between those two posts?

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
17-06-2016, 10:54 AM
(17-06-2016 10:22 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(17-06-2016 09:25 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Or as we saw in Orlando, our own citizens can become radicalized and no law on the books could have stopped him.

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

US law enforcement had ample opportunity to stop the POS from doing what he did in Orlando. Just no law on the books to let them. This asshole had been on the FBI's radar years. Three weeks prior to the massacre a local gun shop refused to sell him body armor and reported it as suspicious activity to the FBI. That's plenty of reason to flag someone in NICS. That could have put a hold on his weapons purchase long enough for someone to ask why he was buying this stuff. If that had happened fifty people wouldn't have died.

That doesn't mean he couldn't have eventually have done what he did. He could have got some asshole like you to supply the guns. But, once again, if a background check on a private transfer was required the sale could have been flagged.

And just so you know I'm not a gun grabber today is bring your fucking assault rifle to work day here. This is my desk with my rifle and your bullshit fucking post.

[Image: desk_zpsrqhqhifl.jpg]

You quote me saying no law currently on the books could stop him, then say bull fucking shit, he could have been stopped, there just wasn't any law on the books...

17-06-2016, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2016 11:03 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
We already have a gun control thread.

Go there

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-06-2016, 11:20 AM
(17-06-2016 11:00 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We already have a gun control thread.

Go there

In all fairness, the words gun control are in this thread title.

[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
17-06-2016, 11:34 PM
Democrats filibustering for gun control
(17-06-2016 09:59 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I will add that no fly list/terror watch list should be banned from buying guns, but they need due process.

If they are terrorists then they should be detained.
18-06-2016, 01:55 PM
Focusing on the filibuster itself, I really have to laugh. What are they stopping the Republicans from doing? The Republicans in the House and Senate have made it perfectly clear they have no intention of voting on about anything between now and January 20th. So, how is this stoppage hurting them?

I appreciate the effort but it's a bit like locking your kid in his room with his phone, TV, tablet and gaming device. Who are you really hurting?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost