Democrats to offer a "Better Deal"

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-07-2017, 05:22 PM
Democrats to offer a "Better Deal"
So, Democrats are pretending taking to heart the message that they have nothing to offer other than not being a bloviating asshole and are realizing that perhaps that won't be enough to give them success at the ballot box come November 2018. So, they are now offering voters a Better Deal

Most of this is just a repacking of old stuff that has tried, and failed, before and I think they need to do better than this. Just counting on Trump to implode may not be enough. In fact, I'm pretty sure it won't be. Having someone other than Pelosi and Chuck Schumer deliver the message would help, too. I don't know which of them makes my skin crawl more. Let's just call it a tie.

One glimmer of hope I saw earlier today was there was a statement that the Democratic Party could consider a single-payer system for health care. I'll believe it when I see it, but if they got behind that as a platform, I think they could have a real chance of winning an election.

We'll see. I think ultimately the Democrats will come back on top because the pendulum always swings. Both parties are beholden to corporate money and voters always get sick of the party in power. But, they need to do something bold if they want to take a part of Congress in 2018 and keep Trump out of a 2nd term. Something other than "we're not that guy" is required.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2017, 05:25 PM
RE: Democrats to offer a "Better Deal"
A better deal: Better Jobs. Better ingredients. Better Pizza. Papa Johns.

They're being clowned for this new slogan all over Twitter and Facebook.

They'll probably drop it soon.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
24-07-2017, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2017 05:43 PM by Thoreauvian.)
(24-07-2017 05:25 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  A better deal: Better Jobs. Better ingredients. Better Pizza. Papa Johns.

If Democrats were better at marketing, you still wouldn't believe them. So you're obviously not their target audience anyway.

Hobo
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
24-07-2017, 05:45 PM
I demand nothing less than Universal Basic Income and full UNemployment.
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
24-07-2017, 05:51 PM
(24-07-2017 05:45 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I demand nothing less than Universal Basic Income and full UNemployment.

These aren't bad ideas, but to be possible you would need a revolution not a simple election (especially not a mid term election).

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
24-07-2017, 05:56 PM
(24-07-2017 05:51 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(24-07-2017 05:45 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I demand nothing less than Universal Basic Income and full UNemployment.

These aren't bad ideas, but to be possible you would need a revolution not a simple election (especially not a mid term election).

Actually an automation revolution might get us there.

Thumbsup
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
24-07-2017, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2017 06:12 PM by epronovost.)
(24-07-2017 05:56 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(24-07-2017 05:51 PM)epronovost Wrote:  These aren't bad ideas, but to be possible you would need a revolution not a simple election (especially not a mid term election).

Actually an automation revolution might get us there.

Thumbsup

Industrial revolutions are revolutions nonetheless and yes it's comming rather fast. I wonder if our political and economical system will be ready for it. The previous industrial revolutions destroyed over decades of wars and civil strifes the old europeen monarchies. It leaves me to wonder...

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
24-07-2017, 06:07 PM
$15 minimum wage is a good start.

We need to embrace job loss through automation, as well.

We need to stop embracing employment as a form of liberation and see it for what is: oppression.

Trump politics has shown us that a paradigm shift is possible. A large segment of the American public has demonstrated a willingness to celebrate dishonesty and degeneracy as a positive. One year ago that was unimaginable. We've witnessed a negative paradigm shift but the silver lining is the message that profound change is possible. No need to think small. I demand full liberation from the shackles of capitalism.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
24-07-2017, 06:12 PM
The republicunts are offering nothing except an ass-fucking for the middle and lower classes. Shouldn't be hard to beat that.

Although, I suspect our resident nazi fucktards will object to anything that doesn't make the rich richer.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
24-07-2017, 06:12 PM

Yeah, well, that's exactly what governments should be anticipating.

Industrie 4.0:
[Image: 500px-Industry_4.0.png]

If you want to know what skills/competencies will be required in the future, check out SFIA (Skills Framework for the Information Age).

Thumbsup

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post