Demonic Pocession

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2016, 11:17 AM
RE: Demonic Pocession
(23-03-2016 08:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 07:35 PM)Leo Wrote:  How many demons do you have ?

Only one that I know of. Q told me. I suppose i could ask him.
Facepalm

No need. It's ...

Girlyman.

On no account say his name out loud three times and you'll be fine.

Smartass

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2016, 11:22 AM
(24-03-2016 11:17 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 08:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Only one that I know of. Q told me. I suppose i could ask him.
Facepalm

No need. It's ...

Girlyman.

On no account say his name out loud three times and you'll be fine.

Smartass

[Image: 4GIFU7g.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
24-03-2016, 04:19 PM
(20-03-2016 09:57 AM)SallyBr0wn Wrote:  I won't lie, some things do stick to you... Lol.. I won't touch an ouija board even tho I do not believe in demons. I was hoping to find an explanation to her sudden healing. I think the best explanation is the power of suggestion.

I'll be honest. Ouija boards are bullshit. There's always one asshole making it move, and then playing with the rest and pretending to be shocked.

I know because I'm that asshole.

Otherwise everybody sits there and waits for endless boredom culminated in urban legends. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
24-03-2016, 04:27 PM
(24-03-2016 04:19 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 09:57 AM)SallyBr0wn Wrote:  I won't lie, some things do stick to you... Lol.. I won't touch an ouija board even tho I do not believe in demons. I was hoping to find an explanation to her sudden healing. I think the best explanation is the power of suggestion.

I'll be honest. Ouija boards are bullshit. There's always one asshole making it move, and then playing with the rest and pretending to be shocked.

I know because I'm that asshole.

Otherwise everybody sits there and waits for endless boredom culminated in urban legends. Smile

Hahaha I LOVE THIS!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!
[+] 1 user Likes SallyBr0wn's post
28-03-2016, 09:43 AM
You know that feeling you get when you arrive at the airport and realize somebody forgot to tell customs about the camel?

That's how I feel around possessed people.

I have dealt with many people that have claimed to be possessed. In fact, I dated a girl once that claimed to be so. She would say things like, "You know, I could throw you across the room if I wanted." I would reply with, "I don't believe you. Try it."

Of course, I have yet to be thrown across a room. At least by a person that claimed to be possessed.

Occam's razor is something we should look to when it comes to a topic such as this. The simple fact of the matter is that your mother was taking drugs. You said in a post that your mom said she wasn't "high" one night. That implies that she wasn't taking them for a medical reason and was more likely taking them for recreational reasons.

First off, Quaaludes have a half-life of 20 to 60 hours. What that means is it takes that long for the drug in the body to be reduced by one-half. Another thing to consider is that regular users of this drug build up a tolerance rather quickly. In turn, they need to take more of the drug to get the same effect which I presume also means the half-life increases in duration.

So to as whether or not she was "high" during the event is a question of time and not a question of "feeling" or "noticeable effects".

Secondly, with increased usage of the drug, it is possible that she was starting to get some of the side effects associated with the drug. Of importance of these is seizures, mental confusion and loss of muscle control.

Of the side effects that happen with overdosing - and remember that these can happen also with higher dosage usage due to tolerance build-up - we get:

Hyperreflexia - Think of people that shake. Twitching or spastic tendencies.
Delerium - This causes things like hallucinations, delusions, disorganization of behavior, etc.
Hypertonia - this might relate to her head being at such a weird angle.

Also take into account the power of persuasion, the placebo effect, and so on. It seems clear to me that what your mother experienced wasn't spiritual so much as psychological and drug-induced. Coming off the drug can also have side effects.

Now, with all of that being said, your mother is never going to buy this. It doesn't matter if we build a perfect case or not. She believes something and that has been reinforced over time by her retelling of the story, unwittingly enhancing the story, creating new memories around the story, and so forth.

This is, for all intents and purposes, a defining factor in your mom's identity.

I would gear the conversation more towards a balance of accepting where you stand because you have your own story and experience and accept where she stands for the same reason.
[+] 1 user Likes drymetal's post
28-03-2016, 10:49 AM
(28-03-2016 09:43 AM)drymetal Wrote:  I have dealt with many people that have claimed to be possessed. In fact, I dated a girl once that claimed to be so. She would say things like, "You know, I could throw you across the room if I wanted."

Was she a WWF wrestler? Tongue Wink
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
28-03-2016, 11:06 AM
(28-03-2016 10:49 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Was she a WWF wrestler? Tongue Wink

I should have raised my eyebrow at her.
[+] 1 user Likes drymetal's post
28-03-2016, 11:25 AM
(28-03-2016 11:06 AM)drymetal Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 10:49 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Was she a WWF wrestler? Tongue Wink

I should have raised my eyebrow at her.

Well, yes, but only if you wore a cool costume and said "Ohhhhh Yeah" like Macho Man Randy Savage. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post