Demonizing Darwin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2015, 01:14 PM
Demonizing Darwin
Here is my brother's latest post about the demonization of Charles Darwin. Keep in mind, his posts are directed mainly towards Christians.

the link

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like kingschosen's post
12-08-2015, 01:20 PM
RE: Demonizing Darwin
(12-08-2015 01:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Here is my brother's latest post about the demonization of Charles Darwin. Keep in mind, his posts are directed mainly towards Christians.

the link

That was clearly written and at a level that most people should be able to understand. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2015, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2015 01:25 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
What an excellent closing paragraph:

Quote:My hope is that this post will help curb some of the misinformation that is out there. As Christians, our job is to seek the truth and promote that which is right. By continuing to promote out right lies about Charles Darwin goes against our calling. But I get it. I get why people want to wrongly demonize him. I know how fundamentalism works- if you can slander the character of someone, or link them to some unsavory event, then everything they say can be dismissed. I've seen this method time and time again in churches, and not just with Darwin, but with anyone, Christian or not, who holds a different view on things than what is accepted by that particular congregation. I am not saying that you have to agree with Darwin's claims, or agree with the modern theory of evolution. What I am saying is that to continue to promote falsehood to slant an argument in your favor is deceptive. If one is going to argue for or against the theory of evolution, let it be on the grounds of historical accuracy and science, not on misinformation and false claims. To do so only continues to set this conversation back, and impedes us in making progress in the debate. Please, brothers and sisters, let's be discerning in what we read and hear. Let's actually research things. Let's be honest and genuine, even if the facts challenge our own viewpoint.

That is an outstanding article/post. Please pass my congratulations to your brother for such writing.

I'm sorry I missed seeing ya while I was in Louisiana, for the past couple of weeks, KC!

(Edited to add quotation from KC's brother's blogpost.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
12-08-2015, 01:25 PM
That was an excellent article, especially coming from a preacher man. Thumbsup

Only found 1 typo.

"Rather, he basis his racism and genocide on ancient .."

#sigh
12-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Please stop your brother's attempts to re-educate the ignorant masses.

Also, on no occasion suggest that his (and your) time would be better spent trying to repeal the YEC ruling.

SE Asian economic growth would be much hampered if the Murikan hoi polloi actually started knowing stuff.

Thank you very much.

Dodgy

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
12-08-2015, 01:39 PM
(12-08-2015 01:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That was an excellent article, especially coming from a preacher man. Thumbsup

Only found 1 typo.

"Rather, he basis his racism and genocide on ancient .."

"...evolution is not equipped to make metaphysical of sociological claims."

I'd also argue that "atheistic" is not really accurate in "Social Darwinism is a wrong headed, atheistic INTERPRETATION of the science of evolution."

For an article by and for theists it is great. If more theists thought that way there would be a lot less need for vocal atheism.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
12-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Nicely written!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
12-08-2015, 02:09 PM
Heh, I just realized... correcting minor typos aside, we all just high-fived a post by a Christian, written by Christians for Christians, and posted to an atheism site.

Could it BE that that the accusation of certain theist trolls here, that we all hate all Christians, is inaccurate?!?!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 9 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
13-08-2015, 07:31 AM
Very well written. I enjoyed the read

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
13-08-2015, 07:50 AM
(12-08-2015 02:09 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Heh, I just realized... correcting minor typos aside, we all just high-fived a post by a Christian, written by Christians for Christians, and posted to an atheism site.

Could it BE that that the accusation of certain theist trolls here, that we all hate all Christians, is inaccurate?!?!

They aren't True Christians™ though. Us True Atheists™ recognise our own. Wolves in sheeps' clothing Evil_monster

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post