Demonizing Darwin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Demonizing Darwin
(13-08-2015 08:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I don't get why they pick on Darwin. He didn't really invent the idea. He just published first, (and almost not even that). British "naturalists" had been coming to something akin to Darwin's theory for a while. I'll try to find the link. But they had been finding fossils while digging in England and even if Darwin hadn't written his book, others would have written something similar very soon, anyway.

He was the one who described the mindless algorithmic mechanism. He really is the father of evolution.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-08-2015, 09:25 PM
Quote:he claimed that Charles Darwin was evil, a racist, and influenced Hitler to kill the Jews.

so how does this work? did hitler use a time traveler to go to time when Darwin was alive to educate him about anti-semitism? did hitler's soul exist back in time to possess darwin? I don't understand... I don't even know if I want to.
Find all posts by this user
14-08-2015, 12:18 AM
(13-08-2015 09:25 PM)Bear100 Wrote:  
Quote:he claimed that Charles Darwin was evil, a racist, and influenced Hitler to kill the Jews.

so how does this work? did hitler use a time traveler to go to time when Darwin was alive to educate him about anti-semitism? did hitler's soul exist back in time to possess darwin? I don't understand... I don't even know if I want to.

It's in the same way that Jesus is speaking to them: Through (at best) the written accounts of someone long dead, reinterpreted to match their own biases and desires.

(Except for the trifling details that Darwin isn't as-long dead, his life and writings are better-attested, and you can actually fact-check his central claims.)
14-08-2015, 06:39 AM
(13-08-2015 08:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 08:48 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  and Jean-Baptiste Pierre Antoine de Monet ...

Anyone with THAT name has got to be evil.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
14-08-2015, 11:09 PM
It's good to be da king.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
14-08-2015, 11:28 PM
(14-08-2015 11:09 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  It's good to be da king.

Better to be Stewie.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-08-2015, 04:27 AM
Stewie does have the right attitude prerequisites to be a king.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
16-08-2015, 12:41 AM
KC when are you and your brother going to join us in the real world, or the Matrix, or my imagination.....whatever.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
16-08-2015, 01:41 PM
(16-08-2015 12:41 AM)Banjo Wrote:  KC when are you and your brother going to join us in the real world, or the Matrix, or my imagination.....whatever.

They already have. Calvinism is the same as atheism in that it don't ultimately matter what you do but it does locally matter what you do even though it's temporary.Don't be a dick. Help someone who needs a hand. Experience heaven here and now.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
16-08-2015, 04:03 PM
(16-08-2015 01:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 12:41 AM)Banjo Wrote:  KC when are you and your brother going to join us in the real world, or the Matrix, or my imagination.....whatever.

They already have. Calvinism is the same as atheism in that it don't ultimately matter what you do but it does locally matter what you do even though it's temporary.Don't be a dick. Help someone who needs a hand. Experience heaven here and now.

.... isn't Sye Ten a Calvinist?