Demonrats and Republicunts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2018, 04:54 PM
Demonrats and Republicunts
It' s what each group calls the other - and they expect the rest of us to listen to their twaddle.

I find it hard to listen to such juvenile tribalism, where political affiliation supposedly influences one's intelligence, morals, and quite possibly penis size.

My guess - if you' re a dickhead - adding a ( R ) or a ( D ) to your name doesn't make you less a dickhead. But, the other dickheads will send you money.

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-09-2018, 05:06 PM
RE: Demonrats and Republicunts
(13-09-2018 04:54 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It' s what each group calls the other - and they expect the rest of us to listen to their twaddle.

I find it hard to listen to such juvenile tribalism, where political affiliation supposedly influences one's intelligence, morals, and quite possibly penis size.

My guess - if you' re a dickhead - adding a ( R ) or a ( D ) to your name doesn't make you less a dickhead. But, the other dickheads will send you money.

According to me and the DMV, I'm (I).

Yeah, I know it looks like a pussy when I type it out.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
13-09-2018, 05:07 PM
The " Pussy Party".

That' s a platform I can get excited about.

Big Grin

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-09-2018, 05:19 PM
(13-09-2018 05:07 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The " Pussy Party".

That' s a platform I can get excited about.

Big Grin

"If you want this lowly camp to turn into a genuine boomtown, all you have to do is build...a cathouse!"

--Lee Marvin (paraphrased), Paint Your Wagon

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
13-09-2018, 08:12 PM
(13-09-2018 04:54 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It' s what each group calls the other - and they expect the rest of us to listen to their twaddle.

I find it hard to listen to such juvenile tribalism, where political affiliation supposedly influences one's intelligence, morals....

How curious that tribalism should sneak into your own assessments, if you think all Republicans or Democrats use such language. I would assume it's a very small minority of each party.

I think what you should be lamenting is that this kind of language has become too common, not that the parties are dominated by it.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
13-09-2018, 08:45 PM
(13-09-2018 08:12 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  How curious that tribalism should sneak into your own assessments, if you think all Republicans or Democrats use such language. I would assume it's a very small minority of each party.

I think what you should be lamenting is that this kind of language has become too common, not that the parties are dominated by it.

But then he wouldn't be the cool one who gets to sit on the sideline and bitch about how awesome he is for not being a part of either tribe. Of course it doesn't dawn on him he must might be an "independent" dickhead.
13-09-2018, 08:56 PM
(13-09-2018 08:12 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  

I find it hard to listen to such juvenile tribalism, where political affiliation supposedly influences one's intelligence, morals....

How curious that tribalism should sneak into your own assessments, if you think all Republicans or Democrats use such language. I would assume it's a very small minority of each party.

He didn't say 'all', and you know it.

My belief that people are basically good is sometimes crushed by the reality that people are basically bad
13-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Quote:It' s what each group calls the other - and they expect the rest of us to listen to their twaddle.

The words (he used) characterize each group, as that group.
He didn't have to say "all".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-09-2018, 09:17 PM
(13-09-2018 09:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
Quote:It' s what each group calls the other - and they expect the rest of us to listen to their twaddle.

The words (he used) characterize each group, as that group.
He didn't have to say "all".

That's a lie, and you know it. People insert 'all' where no 'all' was said to distort the meaning of what was said.

My belief that people are basically good is sometimes crushed by the reality that people are basically bad
13-09-2018, 09:20 PM
Look how fast things turned tribal in here.