Demons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2016, 08:11 PM
Demons
I did, as a theist. Don't remember when I stopped believing in them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2016, 08:30 PM
RE: Demons
(23-03-2016 07:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  Is there anyone here who ever believed in demons?

I think Q believes in them.

Demons are a perfect way to explain away mental illness. The demon of the gaps.

I can't even imagine believing in them, how terrifying that must be.

I used to believe in demons when I was little. My mother told me that nightmares were caused by an Incubus and that my mind could be transported to Hell temporarily but once I awoke I would be back in the Earthly realm, of course that gave me nightmares. If I ever woke up with scratches or unknown bruises that it was the Devil that caused them, that was common as a kid so I thought I was being plagued by "Mr.Down" for years. I read somewhere that a child should grow up in a God fearing household but I've never heard anything about a demon fearing one, but if there is such a thing that's the house I grew up in. I'm totally fine now of course, very well adjusted. Shocking

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
23-03-2016, 09:17 PM
I never believed in demons or the devil or anything like that, but that didn't stop me from being just a tiny bit worried that Bloody Mary was going to actually show up in the bathroom mirror if all the girls at the slumber party chanted her name enough times in the dark.

I feel bad for kids that have this fear looming over their heads while they're growing up. The only fear a kid should feel is their parents wrath when they bring home a bad grade or pick all the roses off the rose bush to make a beautiful bouquet for mom. Heart
23-03-2016, 09:46 PM
(23-03-2016 07:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They can be interesting characters in books and movies but are certainly not something I have ever believed in.

And, yeah, Q thinks Bucky has a demon. Dodgy

Excuse me? Bucky has a demon? How does that work?

I appear to have missed this piece of entertainent on account of the fact that I'd rather have my teeth dragged over concrete than listen to Q's drivel.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
23-03-2016, 09:56 PM
(23-03-2016 08:30 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I used to believe in demons when I was little. My mother told me that nightmares were caused by an Incubus and that my mind could be transported to Hell temporarily but once I awoke I would be back in the Earthly realm, of course that gave me nightmares. If I ever woke up with scratches or unknown bruises that it was the Devil that caused them, that was common as a kid so I thought I was being plagued by "Mr.Down" for years. I read somewhere that a child should grow up in a God fearing household but I've never heard anything about a demon fearing one, but if there is such a thing that's the house I grew up in. I'm totally fine now of course, very well adjusted. Shocking

It's more than a little terrifing that anybody is allowed to do that to a child. That would be illegal in a civilized society but we have to respect other peoples' beliefs. That's OK though, I'm down with respecting insane beliefs. After all, the volcano is rumbling and Pele needs appeasing.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
23-03-2016, 10:52 PM
(23-03-2016 09:46 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 07:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They can be interesting characters in books and movies but are certainly not something I have ever believed in.

And, yeah, Q thinks Bucky has a demon. Dodgy

Excuse me? Bucky has a demon? How does that work?

I appear to have missed this piece of entertainent on account of the fact that I'd rather have my teeth dragged over concrete than listen to Q's drivel.

He won't type "Jesus" which means he has a demon, apparently.
23-03-2016, 11:37 PM
(23-03-2016 09:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I never believed in demons or the devil or anything like that, but that didn't stop me from being just a tiny bit worried that Bloody Mary was going to actually show up in the bathroom mirror if all the girls at the slumber party chanted her name enough times in the dark.

I feel bad for kids that have this fear looming over their heads while they're growing up. The only fear a kid should feel is their parents wrath when they bring home a bad grade or pick all the roses off the rose bush to make a beautiful bouquet for mom. Heart

I had it bad. Growing up I swear there was a demon in my moms room. I was a child sleeping with her and I swear I saw it in the doorway. The preacher always said it was from the evil in my house.
I also thought a demon lived in the woods behind my grandparents house. You could see a black face in the woods. When I got older I confronted the demon to learn...
It was a Halloween mask of an ape nailed to a tree. Confront your demons!!
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
24-03-2016, 02:29 AM
One of my aunts believes in existence of demons. Unsurprisingly talking to her is total waste of time.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
24-03-2016, 02:39 AM
(23-03-2016 08:30 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 07:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  Is there anyone here who ever believed in demons?

I think Q believes in them.

Demons are a perfect way to explain away mental illness. The demon of the gaps.

I can't even imagine believing in them, how terrifying that must be.

I used to believe in demons when I was little. My mother told me that nightmares were caused by an Incubus and that my mind could be transported to Hell temporarily but once I awoke I would be back in the Earthly realm, of course that gave me nightmares. If I ever woke up with scratches or unknown bruises that it was the Devil that caused them, that was common as a kid so I thought I was being plagued by "Mr.Down" for years. I read somewhere that a child should grow up in a God fearing household but I've never heard anything about a demon fearing one, but if there is such a thing that's the house I grew up in. I'm totally fine now of course, very well adjusted. Shocking

I used to have a lot of nightmares as a child - just like kids do. I had a spate of them after some of the older kids told me about ghost and ghouls and phantoms and such.

My father told me that there was nothing to fear from the dead. It's the living that I needed to be wary of. He was right.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
24-03-2016, 02:53 AM
Never believed in them but I KNOW bucky has a demon.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson