Demons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2016, 05:16 AM
Demons
This girl at a local middle school where I live has been having seizures and has been scratching her face. She says she can see blood and demons.

My mom works there and wanted to do something about it. So last night her and my dad were studying the bible about demons and Jesus casting them out of people, how possessed people would cut themselves, etc. They claim that's what is similar with this girl. Anyways mom and dad were studying this stuff last night and then this morning mom said she had sleep paralysis just like I get a lot. She said she seen 4-5 demons looking at her. My dad looked at me and said demonic activity is increasing on this earth.

What do you all think about this? What is the natural explanation? Is this all a big delusion? Or not? Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2016, 06:19 AM
RE: Demons
(25-10-2016 05:16 AM)goldenarm Wrote:  This girl at a local middle school where I live has been having seizures and has been scratching her face. She says she can see blood and demons.

She needs immediate medical intervention. She is hallucinating and is a danger to herself.

Quote:My mom works there and wanted to do something about it. So last night her and my dad were studying the bible about demons and Jesus casting them out of people, how possessed people would cut themselves, etc. They claim that's what is similar with this girl. Anyways mom and dad were studying this stuff last night and then this morning mom said she had sleep paralysis just like I get a lot. She said she seen 4-5 demons looking at her. My dad looked at me and said demonic activity is increasing on this earth.

I'm afraid that your parents are delusional. Their minds have been warped by religion.

Quote:What do you all think about this? What is the natural explanation? Is this all a big delusion? Or not? Thank you.

See above.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
25-10-2016, 06:32 AM
If you're going to believe in demons - you might as well just go with Harry Potter being real as well.................

At least Potter is more entertaining.............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
25-10-2016, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2016 07:01 AM by goldenarm.)
(25-10-2016 06:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-10-2016 05:16 AM)goldenarm Wrote:  This girl at a local middle school where I live has been having seizures and has been scratching her face. She says she can see blood and demons.

She needs immediate medical intervention. She is hallucinating and is a danger to herself.

Quote:My mom works there and wanted to do something about it. So last night her and my dad were studying the bible about demons and Jesus casting them out of people, how possessed people would cut themselves, etc. They claim that's what is similar with this girl. Anyways mom and dad were studying this stuff last night and then this morning mom said she had sleep paralysis just like I get a lot. She said she seen 4-5 demons looking at her. My dad looked at me and said demonic activity is increasing on this earth.

I'm afraid that your parents are delusional. Their minds have been warped by religion.

Quote:What do you all think about this? What is the natural explanation? Is this all a big delusion? Or not? Thank you.

See above.
That is true I'm not sure what attention she is receiving, but I will have to ask my mom. Also, yes my parents are Pentecostal and I believe they are deluded too in regard to the whole God and demon thing. I do get sleep paralysis sometimes though and I used to get it a lot even as an atheist. What is the reason for that?
25-10-2016, 06:58 AM
(25-10-2016 06:32 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If you're going to believe in demons - you might as well just go with Harry Potter being real as well.................

At least Potter is more entertaining.............

Haha! Good one Smile
25-10-2016, 07:04 AM
Since exorcism doesn't actually work, best bet is to just take her to the veterinarian.

'Murican Canadian
25-10-2016, 07:09 AM
(25-10-2016 06:56 AM)goldenarm Wrote:  
(25-10-2016 06:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  She needs immediate medical intervention. She is hallucinating and is a danger to herself.

See above.
That is true I'm not sure what attention she is receiving, but I will have to ask my mom. Also, yes my parents are Pentecostal and I believe they are deluded too in regard to the whole God and demon thing. I do get sleep paralysis sometimes though and I used to get it a lot even as an atheist. What is the reason for that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Quote:Genetics and sleep deprivation are a major cause of sleep paralysis,[1] and it has also been linked to disorders such as narcolepsy, migraines, anxiety disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea.[2][3] Sleeping in a fixed supine position increases the chance of sleep paralysis. The underlying mechanism is believed to result from disrupted REM sleep, when there should be a general inability to move muscle to prevent the sleeper from acting out their dreams. About 8% of people experience sleep paralysis at one point in their life.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
25-10-2016, 07:10 AM
(25-10-2016 06:56 AM)goldenarm Wrote:  I do get sleep paralysis sometimes though and I used to get it a lot even as an atheist. What is the reason for that?

It appears to be a neurological artifact of the sleep/wake transition. Google® is your friend.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-10-2016, 07:21 AM

My mom works there and wanted to do something about it. So last night her and my dad were studying the bible about demons and Jesus casting them out of people, how possessed people would cut themselves, etc. They claim that's what is similar with this girl. Anyways mom and dad were studying this stuff last night and then this morning mom said she had sleep paralysis just like I get a lot. She said she seen 4-5 demons looking at her. My dad looked at me and said demonic activity is increasing on this earth.

What do you all think about this? What is the natural explanation? Is this all a big delusion? Or not? Thank you.
I occasionally experienced sleep paralysis as a kid and every time I would have a nightmare at the same time. The nightmare would take place in my room because my eyes were open; but I could not move because my body was still sleeping. It sounds like this is what the girl at your school is experiencing. However, the seizures are something else that may or may not be related to the sleep paralysis (I'm guessing not, but I'm not a doctor). The scratching might be from the seizures or might be from sleep paralysis dreaming. Either is possible. In any case, these are not actual demons, but this is probably a great example of how stories of "possession" got started back before we knew anything about seizures and sleep paralysis.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
25-10-2016, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2016 07:49 AM by jennybee.)
I agree with all of the above posts. And don't forget how you learned about demons causing illness--from the Bible. A book which also brought you a flood that covered the entire earth, a hand (without a body) writing on a wall, talking animals, storehouses of snow in the heavens, a person turning into salt, people living to 500 and 900 years old, healing people with spit and dirt, goats getting it on to streaked rods to produce various colors of said goats, etc. etc. etc.

Your parents are attributing a medical cause to something that was written in an ancient book by people who did not understand what produced various illnesses and disease. Since they were prone to magical thinking and the belief in god(s)--the idea was that bad gods or bad spirits (aka demons) cause bad things. Don't forget, this was when they had no other readily available explanation, therefore, demons seemed like a good answer to them. We now know that demons do not cause disease or illness. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop some people from believing mythical biblical stories to be true.

I think this girl needs some serious medical attention. And I would encourage your parents that if they truly want to help her--they should do what they can to make sure she receives the help she needs.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post