Demons Demon movies!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Demons Demon movies!
Before converting to. (or controverting). to atheism.

I held on. I found the only thing to prove that there is a god that I could. Demons! Supernatural shit.

My fam and even wife told me that the demons will leave you alone because they don't want you to go back to god. Hell I even told myself that.

I know better now.

But this Hollywood shit is pissing me off.

Hollywood is using the fear of the general public for $.

Shit like 'base off true events'. 'The events in the story are real.'

To be honest. It still scares the shit out of me.

I think Hollywood biblical demonic terror is holding down the advancement of atheism.

IDK, what do you think.

Forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live.-Lawrence Krauss

For god loved the world so much he tortured his only begotten son, gave him a 3 day nap only to wake up in ultimate awesomeness and called it a sacrifice.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2012, 11:09 PM
RE: Demons Demon movies!
Honestly, if people are stupid enough to base their faith off a movie, then do we atheists really want that person as one of us??

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
01-10-2012, 07:28 AM
(30-09-2012 11:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Honestly, if people are stupid enough to base their faith off a movie, then do we atheists really want that person as one of us??

Like my Gwynnies?!?! Sadcryface2

You big meanie. I set fire to you in your sleep. Big Grin

Yeah, Chief, that propaganda by the church is disgusting; but in the case of the film industry, it is merely marketing. Thing that made demons ridiculous to me is "evil for evil's sake." It is an absurd, self-contradictory concept. Doing evil cause you love evil is love, not evil. Doing evil cause you hate evil is insanity, meaning unable to hold to an organizing principle, so you couldn't be no minion of Satan, and would probably be far more likely to rip another demon's face off rather than a puny human due to both proximity and destroying that which you most resemble, which is the way of self-hatred, which makes demon a self-solving problem. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2012, 07:52 AM
Considering your Gwyinnies is an actress and not a movie character I would then say, no not like your Gwyinnies.

So your safe John, carry on.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
01-10-2012, 10:19 AM
When I was a fundie, I was too afraid to watch "demonic" movies because I was taught I'd be opening my mind to the occult, and I guess that's a bad thing.

Atheism has opened up a lot of fun movies for me to get caught up on!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
01-10-2012, 12:02 PM
When I was a fundamentalist Christian, I think I could distinguish the difference between fictional demon movies and atheism just fine. Thankfully I was not brainwashed enough to believe some of the more crazy stuff out there, like the idea that atheists do demonic rituals and kidnap children. I simply thought that Atheists were either heartless anti-American communists or simply immoral selfish people who were going to burn in hell for denying God.

Stop the itchy blanket of Creationism from spreading to our classrooms. Say no to Iron Age superstitions Evil_monster
01-10-2012, 12:15 PM
I think that's a bit of a stretch.

Entertainment is just that. Pure and simple.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
01-10-2012, 01:20 PM
I think Hollywood uses fear of lots of things to make $.

Aliens, axe-murderers, serial killers, psychos of all kinds, drug lords, war, disasters, dinosaurs, sharks, anacondas, zoo-escapes, asylum-escapes, prison-escapes, pandemics, ghosts, zombies, monsters, and Adam Sandler.

Oh, yeah, and demons.

So what? It's just sensationalism.

They create a situation that some of us might think could be plausible (like Adam Sandler attacking New York City) and then build a movie around it. Or a TV show. Or anything they can sell.

Sometimes it's funny. The whole Gozer/Gatekeeper thing in Ghostbusters made demons look pretty silly. Beetelgeuse made ghosts look silly.

Sometimes it's scary. Whatever.

Clearly, if they're not going for goofy/silly, then making it as close to what people find believable and/or plausible will make it seem more realistic. Verisimilitude is key in movies like this. Jaws would have flopped if the shark had been the size of a skyscraper with lasers attached to its back.

Just go watch different movies if these bother you.

As to "holding down the advancement of atheism"? Poppycock! It's just movies.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
01-10-2012, 01:27 PM
You guys wanna see what was advertised above this thread?

[Image: 420520_4534801005420_2032337489_n.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like caffeinesoul's post
02-10-2012, 11:16 PM
I just see it as fantasy, I guess. Some friends of mine wanted me to watch the Paranormal Activity movies with them, so I did. They were scared witless, but I was just sitting there with my cat in my lap munching popcorn wondering what the big deal with these movies was supposed to be. They then said I should go with them to see Insidious, so I did. They and everybody else in the theater were scared witless, yet again, and I was having trouble not laughing the whole time. I mean, for cripes sake! The demon looked like Darth Maul! How do you take that seriously??