Demonstrating/Protesting in Bible Belt

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-08-2012, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2012 04:43 AM by Snuff.)
Demonstrating/Protesting in Bible Belt
I've saw some Christians holding signs in this public area for a while now every weekend or so... I decided what the hell... Evil_monster

My turn: It was my friend and I holding a sign each. Mine says "There is no God" with the 3 lines to lowercase the g in god Drinking Beverage His simply said Honk for Atheists and Non-Believers... My friends cell phone overwrote the best videos... so what I'm posting below is just after what happen the first and before the second incident.

1st. One vehicle pulls up and offers a pamphlet; then another vehicle pulls behind him with the same... but approaches me to my personal space and puts the pamphlet in my face and as I look to read... he snatches MY board that says There is no god and takes off.

I called the Police to notify them and they arrived and understood it was theft. Nothing after that of course...Hobo

-----------------------------------------------------------

2nd. A silver car stops across the bypass in the grass median while a male and two females quickly approach and scream about our signs. The girl throws a full unopened bottle of water with it striking my in the throat and jaw... I simply shrug it off and dodge the second one and take a step towards her and say you wanna go to jail? This tough guy steps up to me and says do something. I stepped up to him; shocking his idea of trying to punk me down, since he was much more ripped than so he threatens to knock me and my friend out at the same time. I laughed and stepped to him and said go ahead hit me and go to jail.

After all... they started to leave and I am in North Carolina where it's hot, so I said thank you for the cold water. Unfortunately this is not what's on the video.

----------------------------------------------------------

I purchased pepper spray for a situation like this again, but first I would like to ask for some advice... on anything? Please don't give me the just don't do it because you know it will cause this and that... no fuck that... I'm not backing down because of these intolerant losers. Anyways, if you want have a go at the video lol.

I'm in the orange

The fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Snuff's post
06-08-2012, 04:57 AM
RE: Demonstrating/Protesting in Bible Belt
Well, I am not certain I would have done it that way. I would probably have gone to any place that serves shrimp or other shell fish and sat in front of them eating it. I would have printed the signs on godhatesshrimp.com. Then I would have made up one last sign that read "Hell? If it exists, I'll see you there." I'd be willing to bet that none of these people have any idea what their bible says about shell fish and pork. Who knows, you might even shock a few of them out of their bubble.
[+] 3 users Like Birdguy1979's post
06-08-2012, 05:01 AM
Snuff, how much money would it take to get a better sign (really visible, like the Westboro Baptists) and a bouncer-type-dude to protect you, and someone to videotape you, say for one hour? If you're up for standing there, I'd like to chip-in on the expenses. Anyone else?
[+] 6 users Like Jeff's post
06-08-2012, 05:03 AM
Weren't your arms getting tired?

06-08-2012, 05:05 AM
Haha yea my signs are cheap... what do you recommend using to make a better sign? I am on a tight budget at the moment, but I bought some pepper spray and will probably stand my ground for 2-4 hours today once I inform the police.

I was actually told I need a permit to demonstrate yet Christians do it there all the time and I highly doubt they get one for each time.

06-08-2012, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2012 05:13 AM by Jeff.)
(06-08-2012 05:05 AM)Snuff Wrote:  Haha yea my signs are cheap... what do you recommend using to make a better sign? I am on a tight budget at the moment, but I bought some pepper spray and will probably stand my ground for 2-4 hours today once I inform the police.

I was actually told I need a permit to demonstrate yet Christians do it there all the time and I highly doubt they get one for each time.

I can design the sign for you in Photoshop and have it printed at a local Staples store. You should have some paid protection - can you find a bouncer to guard you for an hour? You'll also need your buddy to video the event. Hopefully some others will contribute on expenses.

If you think being out there for more time is better then fine. I suggest mounting the sign on a long wooden stake so you don't have to hold it up. Find out about the permit and fee. Get a budget together to do the whole thing right and then let's see what we can collect.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
06-08-2012, 05:11 AM
(06-08-2012 05:08 AM)Jeff Wrote:  
(06-08-2012 05:05 AM)Snuff Wrote:  Haha yea my signs are cheap... what do you recommend using to make a better sign? I am on a tight budget at the moment, but I bought some pepper spray and will probably stand my ground for 2-4 hours today once I inform the police.

I can design the sign for you in Photoshop and have it printed at a local Staples store. You should have some paid protection - can you find a bouncer to guard you for an hour? You'll also need your buddy to video the event. Hopefully some others will contribute on expenses.

I don't know that having someone tough to protect you is the right idea. I can point to at least a dozen news stories, where one of these religious nuts has shot someone of blown up a building.
06-08-2012, 05:13 AM
(06-08-2012 05:08 AM)Jeff Wrote:  

I didn't even think about that! Photoshop dur! lol Check my history posts of photoshop but yes if you want, please feel free to make some awesome ones. I really would like some contradictions to have. How much would all this cost?

No I can't afford a bouncer... but I live in North Carolina and if I feel threatened... I just say I feel it and hold the can of pepper spray towards them, if they come at me... then I spray for personal defense and I dunno about you but that stuff is NOT pleasant haha. Sadcryface

[+] 1 user Likes Snuff's post
06-08-2012, 05:23 AM
(06-08-2012 05:13 AM)Snuff Wrote:  
(06-08-2012 05:08 AM)Jeff Wrote:  I can design the sign for you in Photoshop and have it printed at a local Staples store. You should have some paid protection - can you find a bouncer to guard you for an hour? You'll also need your buddy to video the event. Hopefully some others will contribute on expenses.

I didn't even think about that! Photoshop dur! lol Check my history posts of photoshop but yes if you want, please feel free to make some awesome ones. I really would like some contradictions to have. How much would all this cost?

No I can't afford a bouncer... but I live in North Carolina and if I feel threatened... I just say I feel it and hold the can of pepper spray towards them, if they come at me... then I spray for personal defense and I dunno about you but that stuff is NOT pleasant haha. Sadcryface

The photoshop work is free. Staples prints a 20x30 poster for about $35. Then it needs to get mounted on some foam core board to be stiff. The bouncer is maybe $40 for a couple of hours. I'm not suggesting that you pay for any of this - let's see if we can get the forum members to contribute. But you'll need someone else to video the event, and they need to get you and what's happening around you.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
06-08-2012, 05:25 AM
(06-08-2012 05:11 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I don't know that having someone tough to protect you is the right idea. I can point to at least a dozen news stories, where one of these religious nuts has shot someone of blown up a building.

Since he's already been assaulted doing this, I don't want to suggest that he do it again without someone to guard him.