Demonstrating/Protesting in Bible Belt

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-08-2012, 05:26 AM
RE: Demonstrating/Protesting in Bible Belt
My friend will be recording with my actual video camera this time and I'll have more support today; (more Atheists) but I'm not sure how I can get the poster unless contributions are sent to staples? I'm not really educated about that part =/ lol

The fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2012, 05:27 AM
Hey Snuff, first, here is a rep for you.

You did a good job here, hope you do some more. Also, your defence is excellent, just threaten them all with jail and police. They'll think twice after you remind them of police and jail. Spray is great if they intend to push it, but as soon as you use spray, you need to call the police and wait for them there. To be sure they would be picked up and helped. Smile

But call some friend who looks BIG and BUFFED. He doesn't need to do anything or talk to anyone, he can be near by, just to look BIG. Also, it is good to have some friend to watch your back, in case something goes wrong, you never know with these HYPOCRITICAL Christians, they kinda like to be big bullies that "explain" how you are suppose to behave.

Keep up the good work, give us more videos.

And, you are not demonstrating, you are just standing there with a sign. Not so sure you need a permission for that, it's just like a homeless guy holding a sign, or that guy that is preaching the end of the world. No permissions there...

And remember, always stay in visual range of those Christians with their own signs, you want to piss them off, right?

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
06-08-2012, 05:29 AM
(06-08-2012 05:27 AM)Filox Wrote:  Hey Snuff, first, here is a rep for you.

You did a good job here, hope you do some more. Also, your defence is excellent, just threaten them all with jail and police. They'll think twice after you remind them of police and jail. Spry is great if they intend to push it, but as soon as you use spray, you need to call the police and wait for them there. To be sure they would be picked up and helped. Smile

But call some friend who looks BIG and BUFFED. He doesn't need to do anything or talk to anyone, he can be near by, just to look BIG. Also, it is good to have some friend to watch your back, in case something goes wrong, you never know with these HYPOCRITICAL Christians, they kinda like to be big bullies that "explain" how you are suppose to behave.

Keep up the good work, give us more videos.

And, you are not demonstrating, you are just standing there with a sign. Not so sure you need a permission for that, it's just like a homeless guy holding a sign, or that guy that is preaching the end of the world. No permissions there...

And remember, always stay in visual range of those Christians with their own signs, you want to piss them off, right?

Big Grin

Thanks Smile yea I have a friend who said he would go and he's pretty stout. The more the better. Thanks for the advice. I will be sure to post the video today after it's wrapped up. I'll be starting the sign in about 3 hours.

[+] 1 user Likes Snuff's post
06-08-2012, 05:36 AM
(06-08-2012 05:26 AM)Snuff Wrote:  My friend will be recording with my actual video camera this time and I'll have more support today; (more Atheists) but I'm not sure how I can get the poster unless contributions are sent to staples? I'm not really educated about that part =/ lol

I can handle having the poster be ready for pickup by you, but this isn't for today, it will take some time to plan.
[+] 2 users Like Jeff's post
06-08-2012, 05:40 AM
(06-08-2012 05:36 AM)Jeff Wrote:  
(06-08-2012 05:26 AM)Snuff Wrote:  My friend will be recording with my actual video camera this time and I'll have more support today; (more Atheists) but I'm not sure how I can get the poster unless contributions are sent to staples? I'm not really educated about that part =/ lol

I can handle having the poster be ready for pickup by you, but this isn't for today, it will take some time to plan.

Okay Smile sounds like a good plan. PM me for any details you may need. For now I'll try and make some graphic stuff that looks good. They were 30 cents each for the poster paper. Haha Dodgy

06-08-2012, 05:58 AM
Hey, Snuff.

I ask this in all seriousness. Shouldn't the sign read, "I don't believe in God," rather than, "There is no God?" The other sign clearly designates you both as Atheists and my understanding is that many Atheists want to promote the idea that Atheists simply lack belief. If that's the case, wouldn't a "there is no God" sign undermine the public campaign to clarify the definition of Atheist?

As far as the pepper spray, you should probably both have one. Someone can sock you pretty quick and you might get sucker punched. Think about how quick that person snatched the sign away. If one of you gets jumped, the other can come in with their pepper spray.

That being said, as a Canadian, I have this nightmare vision of every American walking around armed to the teeth. I fear a scenario where you pull out pepper spray and someone responds by pulling a gun. You know your state better than I do so you know how best to stay safe. That possibility just frightens me.

Make sure you understand the pepper spray use laws 100%. Like fucking ironclad. That could backfire on you otherwise. Also, have some water bottles on hand to rinse the spray from people's eyes, yours or whoever you hit should it come to that.

Informing the police is probably a good idea.

Get a better camera. You should shoot everything. ESPECIALLY license plates. If you had a better camera, you could even install someone at a distance or across the street, like in a parked car. Sucks that you even have to contemplate that, but black people have been filming shit for years Cool

I respect your right to free speech. But, dude. Come on. Smoking is bad for your health Cool

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
06-08-2012, 06:18 AM
(06-08-2012 05:40 AM)Snuff Wrote:  
(06-08-2012 05:36 AM)Jeff Wrote:  I can handle having the poster be ready for pickup by you, but this isn't for today, it will take some time to plan.

Okay Smile sounds like a good plan. PM me for any details you may need. For now I'll try and make some graphic stuff that looks good. They were 30 cents each for the poster paper. Haha Dodgy

PM sent to you and Filox
06-08-2012, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2012 06:32 AM by Snuff.)
Ghost, it wouldn't make sense to me to have a sign that says I'm an Atheist.... I'm trying to show other closest non believers to not be afraid! Know what I mean?

Edit:Thanks Jeff and everyone who supports me in this back woods place they call a town Wink

06-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Christians can be such jackasses.

I'm sorry you were treated like that. That's embarrassing.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
06-08-2012, 08:15 AM
I have decided to take it bigger. I'm looking to gather any and all wanting to participate in this event at a set date maybe in September to prepare for it and travel, cost, etc.

If everyone who wants to attend can pitch in on the costs, the specialized security will run about $700.00 - $1,000 this may seem like a lot but you would have to understand the area this will be happening at. A 4 way bypass intersection with stop lights that sit for 20 seconds and longer. Say 30 people attend and pitch $25.00 this equals $750.00 and this will hit the media because it's such a small town.

PM me any ideas and interests. I'm waiting for Tech Serv. LLC to email me his letterhead and paperwork to provide proof and evidence of the money going to security, etc.

All for One, One for All!