Demonstrating/Protesting in Bible Belt

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-08-2012, 12:47 AM
RE: Demonstrating/Protesting in Bible Belt
I'm with Jeff on this one, gathering is a whole different thing that one, two guys with some signs. When you are alone, you attract peoples reactions, you can videotape them, you can show how hypocritical and biased are their views... In a big gathering, all sorts of unwanted "atheists" can show up, things can be good and now so good, religious people will not be approaching you, they will just look from far away and hate you.

Gathering is good for media coverage, solo action is better for direct religious actions on videotape. Or data storage. Smile

You decide what is more important to you.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 01:13 AM
Demonstrating/Protesting in Bible Belt
No reason why you can't do both. You're already doing the lone ranger thing; if you feel like gathering a posse to further your experiment, then go for it! I hope you don't get discouraged by negative comments. It reminds me of church. Everytime a new idea is proposed, you'll almost never fail to hear someone (usually old), "But we've never done it that way before, Pastor.". To which I'd respond, "I know, you cold-hearted motherfucker! That's why the church is stagnant and hasn't grown since you were in short pants.

But I digress. Make some signs that match the color schemes and fonts of the WBCers. Don't forget to have one that says, "God Hates Figs."

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
07-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Haha well I just can't afford a security guard and guess I'll have to do it solo.... but I'm on medical leave at work right now for some paranoia and mental issues because of lack of sleep and adhd medicine, etc. Once I get back to work... I will be going with my friend(s) and this time will have pepper spray just in case I am assaulted or feel threatened but otherwise that part I'll be on my way to send a great message. Wink Jeff if you want, pm me about the sign you want to have made. Cause there will be others and I want the nice one haha. They can have the hand made ones.

Me and my friends bought some shirts to even wear for it next time hahah!

Check us out, and if this is against the rules please edit the post. I'm not like trying to leech from TTA or anything. Just it's a small fb page I've built up for the hell of it.

http://www.facebook.com/PivotalAtheist

The fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream.
08-08-2012, 03:49 AM
Snuff, if I understand the situation correctly, the first security guy wanted too much money, so the idea was to turn it into a bigger event to have more people contribute. But instead of going in that direction can you just try to find another security guy? Try craigslist (maybe place an ad, but don't be explicit about the atheist part, you can discuss that on the phone if you find someone that sounds good) or bar bouncers. You've got to have some bars in that tiny town of yours.
08-08-2012, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2012 04:21 AM by Filox.)
(08-08-2012 03:49 AM)Jeff Wrote:  Snuff, if I understand the situation correctly, the first security guy wanted too much money, so the idea was to turn it into a bigger event to have more people contribute. But instead of going in that direction can you just try to find another security guy? Try craigslist (maybe place an ad, but don't be explicit about the atheist part, you can discuss that on the phone if you find someone that sounds good) or bar bouncers. You've got to have some bars in that tiny town of yours.

Or he could put the ad for an atheist gathering and needing some bouncers that would volunteer. If I were a bouncer I would donate myself right away...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
09-08-2012, 02:40 AM
Anyone in the North Carolina area, make plans for Saturday Sept. 1st.... and show up! If you need directions PM me! Smile Bring signs too!

09-08-2012, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2012 05:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
If you're gonna go any bigger you better make sure you get a permit or the po-po might decide to give you a beatdown and then rub it in your face with charges and fines. But if you got a permit po-po is obligated to protect your right to protest and keep the peace. That's probably rubbing it in some of their faces. Wink

(06-08-2012 08:15 AM)Snuff Wrote:  If everyone who wants to attend can pitch in on the costs, the specialized security will run about $700.00 - $1,000 this may seem like a lot but you would have to understand the area this will be happening at.

That's fucking ridiculous. You just need Sailor Bubba.

[Image: SailorBubba1.jpg]

(06-08-2012 04:38 AM)Snuff Wrote:  This tough guy steps up to me and says do something. I stepped up to him; shocking his idea of trying to punk me down, since he was much more ripped than so he threatens to knock me and my friend out at the same time.

Pfftt ... Don't matter how ripped the fucker is, no one in their right mind fucks with an old fat drunk fucker in a skirt. ... Might end up getting their face eaten.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
10-08-2012, 06:31 PM
I have a friend who is about 6' 4" and looks intimidating and then he talks.....

The best part he's gay and talks with a lisp from hell! Haha No I'm not gay but not ashamed of friends who are.

10-08-2012, 07:15 PM
(10-08-2012 06:31 PM)Snuff Wrote:  I have a friend who is about 6' 4" and looks intimidating and then he talks.....

The best part he's gay and talks with a lisp from hell! Haha No I'm not gay but not ashamed of friends who are.

Sailor Bubba ain't gay, brother, he's an equal opportunity fucker. ... And you will need to get a permit if you don't want your protest to end badly.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
10-08-2012, 10:33 PM
I have filled the protest permit and will be submitting it soon.

Purpose on permit I wrote:

Quote:In national records, Atheism, falls under a religion category. Demonstration and peaceful assembly will be taking place at the below location in proper regulations following all local, state, and federal laws. Anyone attending found to disobey our rules will be asked to leave.

Demonstration / Other is the Category(s) I checked