Demonstrating/Protesting in Bible Belt

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Does a permit cost anything?

How easy/hard was it to get?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-08-2012, 01:05 AM
RE: Demonstrating/Protesting in Bible Belt
Snuff, sounds like you've got the ball rolling. Sorry I can't join you. If you need any Photoshop support let me know if I can help.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
11-08-2012, 01:32 AM
(06-08-2012 01:13 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  The initial questions of believers is so telling. They want to compare their Divine Wizard with yours like a game of heavenly Magic: The Gathering. So the first things they ask is "what does atheism do for you?" What magic benefits do you get in YOUR club. Cause in mine, I'm immune to curses and illness and can cure cancer if I think really hard about it. They hold up their spell book (some call it the Bible) for you to be impressed and try to show you the best spells. "Look here, it says here that I have the power to love my enemy as myself." And they get flustered when you point to the spells next to it. "What about that spell there that says Spell of Bigotry and that one over there that says Aura of Scientific Ignorance? And is that a manual for a used slave I saw tucked in the back?" At which point they always play the Faith card, which stuns opponents with silence for 10 seconds and debuffs him with Confusion until the user is able to Flee.

That has to be one of the best things I've read in a really long time. I Lol'd out loud actually.
11-08-2012, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 10:09 AM by Snuff.)
(10-08-2012 10:43 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Does a permit cost anything?

How easy/hard was it to get?

I walked into the local Forest City Police Department and they gave me the form to fill out. I don't know if it will cost anything once I turn it in. I need a scanner... I'd show you guys the form Big Grin

Does anyone see a reason for this to be denied? If it is denied that would be a straight contact and email to the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) right?

Here they are
http://www.forestcitypd.com/paradepermits.html

The fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream.
11-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Here's where they can decline your application if the Chief of Police is a Fundie:

(2) Specification in the permit whether or not any minor child will be permitted to participate. The Chief of Police or issuing officer shall pass upon whether or not such minor may participate, and shall base such determination upon whether or not the nature or time or place of the particular activity will be detrimental to or endanger the health, safety or welfare of such minor child, or will interfere with such minor child's education.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
11-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Minors will be attending, that's the problem. Should I print off another and check NO?

11-08-2012, 10:47 AM
(11-08-2012 10:14 AM)Snuff Wrote:  Minors will be attending, that's the problem. Should I print off another and check NO?

No, for one, I doubt it would be an issue.
Two, if it is an issue, then it will be a great ACLU case! Thumbsup

~Izel
11-08-2012, 11:41 PM
(11-08-2012 10:47 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 10:14 AM)Snuff Wrote:  Minors will be attending, that's the problem. Should I print off another and check NO?

No, for one, I doubt it would be an issue.

Thank you, this is my biggest concern but I still have hardly any support from the community that I live in and the local Atheists which account to about five people =/

12-08-2012, 12:52 AM
(11-08-2012 11:41 PM)Snuff Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 10:47 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  No, for one, I doubt it would be an issue.

Thank you, this is my biggest concern but I still have hardly any support from the community that I live in and the local Atheists which account to about five people =/

That's why it's even better that you're doing this. Of course you're not going to deconvert anyone, but you may find there are other free-thinkers in your area who will support you. Thumbsup

BTW, my dog's name is Snuffy and she's quite proud of your screen name. Big Grin

~Izel
12-08-2012, 01:11 AM
*sigh* wish I could be there, I would love to help and contribute, but I am stuck in Indiana, and am a Minor.

The Law is keepin me down, man.

:@DOWN WITH THE ESTABLISHMENTAngry

keep doin' what you do, and please, videotape this thing.Evil_monster

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.