Denicio and Dan Barker and Memphis

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2012, 02:22 PM
So, the wife was away for a weekend and instead of hitting strip clubs or hitting bars on a drunken binge, i opted to go to the Library and see an author i have admired for years...good ole DAN BARKER! I went to hear him speak, get a photo and have him autograph my copy of Loosing Faith in Faith. LITTLE did i know he was there to kick the hornets nest. What happened after the speech happened so fast that i had no time to react. The local media was there interviewing Dan, i was in line to meet Dan and the cameras turn on ME....of all the far more qualified folk to chat about this stuff they picked ME!

This stunt about cost me my marriage as my wife is a believer. As the news story flashes across the screen .. there i am ...and my name with ONE word under it "Atheist". Needless to say there were calls and a lot of repercussion. Things are better now and we simply dont talk about religion (our truce).

For those curious enough to hear a redneck on TV talking about something OTHER than how a tornado sounds like a freight train...here i am.....

Whats cool is Dan Barker and Dennis are lumped together!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytSTYJ4d5p0

D
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Denicio's post
26-10-2012, 02:32 PM
RE: Denicio and Dan Barker and Memphis
(26-10-2012 02:22 PM)Denicio Wrote:  So, the wife was away for a weekend and instead of hitting strip clubs or hitting bars on a drunken binge, i opted to go to the Library and see an author i have admired for years...good ole DAN BARKER! I went to hear him speak, get a photo and have him autograph my copy of Loosing Faith in Faith. LITTLE did i know he was there to kick the hornets nest. What happened after the speech happened so fast that i had no time to react. The local media was there interviewing Dan, i was in line to meet Dan and the cameras turn on ME....of all the far more qualified folk to chat about this stuff they picked ME!

This stunt about cost me my marriage as my wife is a believer. As the news story flashes across the screen .. there i am ...and my name with ONE word under it "Atheist". Needless to say there were calls and a lot of repercussion. Things are better now and we simply dont talk about religion (our truce).

For those curious enough to hear a redneck on TV talking about something OTHER than how a tornado sounds like a freight train...here i am.....

D

Cool, but you look so clean-cut and normal. Very disappointing. Rolleyes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-10-2012, 02:41 PM
(26-10-2012 02:22 PM)Denicio Wrote:  So, the wife was away for a weekend and instead of hitting strip clubs or hitting bars on a drunken binge, i opted to go to the Library and see an author i have admired for years...good ole DAN BARKER! I went to hear him speak, get a photo and have him autograph my copy of Loosing Faith in Faith. LITTLE did i know he was there to kick the hornets nest. What happened after the speech happened so fast that i had no time to react. The local media was there interviewing Dan, i was in line to meet Dan and the cameras turn on ME....of all the far more qualified folk to chat about this stuff they picked ME!

D

Way to go, Dennis! You were calm, rational, and coherent, an excellent spokesman for secularism. Thumbsup

Hope the repercussions don't prove too costly.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
26-10-2012, 02:51 PM

D

Looks like you shaved off some of your Dudeness. Let it grow back a bit.

I probably would have said "derp" to the cameras.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
26-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Have you heard anything more about the lawsuit since this happened? Are you going to testify at city council or would that end the ceasefire with your lovely bride? Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-10-2012, 03:03 PM
You should demand, if the decision goes badly, that they schedule Muslim prayers, Hindi prayers, Jewish prayers, Wiccan prayers, etc etc etc.
Wow. A new position. Prayer Scheduler. Great use of taxpayer money.
Or just all pray at once, over each other. A Cacophany of Memphis Prayer.
Jeebus would be happy.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-10-2012, 03:10 PM
(26-10-2012 03:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You should demand, if the decision goes badly, that they schedule Muslim prayers, Hindi prayers, Jewish prayers, Wiccan prayers, etc etc etc.
Wow. A new position. Prayer Scheduler. Great use of taxpayer money.
Or just all pray at once, over each other. A Cacophany of Memphis Prayer.
Jeebus would be happy.

Don't forget atheist prayers!

26-10-2012, 03:14 PM

D

That is too fucking awesome (for us, maybe not you.) I hope you learned your lesson, when your wife goes away, hit up the titty-bar and snort a line of coke instead of going to the library.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
26-10-2012, 03:35 PM
(26-10-2012 02:54 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Have you heard anything more about the lawsuit since this happened? Are you going to testify at city council or would that end the ceasefire with your lovely bride? Big Grin

If i pushed this further i would see the inside of the divorce court, no doubt. Its not my battle.
Plus i live in an incorporated city outside of Memphis and cant be a plaintiff.

I have not heard what FFRF is doing with this. I just know that everytime they go to 'stock footage' for this story, there my face will be! Oh OH!

As for my clean cutness....thats just a disguise i assure you. I am back to my Lebowski ways, drinking white Russians and unemployed and writing checks for my Half & Half....you know a typical Lebowski Achiever!

The sad sad thing about this video is you miss the shirt i am wearing. It says "667 Neighbor of the Beast" ... its sinfully funny!

D
[+] 4 users Like Denicio's post
26-10-2012, 04:18 PM
(26-10-2012 03:35 PM)Denicio Wrote:  It says "667 Neighbor of the Beast" ... its sinfully funny!

WANT!

[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post