Denise has sent you a Friend Request.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2015, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2015 04:39 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)

(So I get that notification, and I check out her profile to see who it is, since we appear to have one mutual friend, a very liberal gay man who is the among the most kind-hearted, most sensitive people I know, only to find her profile is basically a Republican National Convention re-post site, full of every form of right-wing "Obama/liberal-conspiracy" page, "Christianity-is-under-attack" paranoia, and far-right Political Action Committee link you could imagine. Suspecting it to be a bot, or spammer/linkbait of some kind, since it didn't seem like she and he could be actual friends, I sent the following. I got a response. Then I sent a second. This is unedited, except to add the names of the person speaking.)

---------------------

ME: Look, Denise, I'm glad to add any friend of Paul's... but did you just add his list for the purpose of barraging people with videos of right-wing nutjobs or something?
19 minutes ago
---------------------

DENISE: I don't know you, but i was willing to give you a chance because you are a friend of Pauls;. But I have to say you sound a bit presumptious and a liitle sanctimonius too. If you don;t want to open your heart to me, it wont make me cry. its; up to you .

---------------------

ME: Open my heart? Make you cry? Why would I want to do that? I never seek to harm anyone.
Sanctimonious? What are you TALKING about? I am among the nicest, most kind-hearted people I know, and have volunteered thousands and thousands of hours to help those crushed by the capitalist economy and the prison industrial complex that supports it.
Almost everything I saw on your page was horrifying (except "A Girl and Her Gun"... I confess I am also a big fan of the Mosin Nagant; I was a History minor at USAFA, and have always had a fetish for Russian military hardware)... one does not "open one's heart" to that kind of ultra-right-wing, jingoistic, unfeeling and often unreasoning drivel! Using a photo of Albert Einstein in support of a right-wing cause of any sort is alone appalling enough.
Do you even know how presumptuous you were to even say "won't make me cry", which presumes that's something I'd want or desire? Ugh... talk about sanctimonious. No, I don't think we can be friends, and I hope you can continue in your comfy Middle Class WASP bubble without ever encountering the things that make a person's heart TRULY open. I'm in fact surprised a sweetheart like Paul even knows someone like you! Good day to you. Blocking after the end of this keystroke.

AngryAngryAngryCensoredAngryAngryAngry

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
27-06-2015, 08:53 PM
RE: Denise has sent you a Friend Request.
Didn't you get the memo? atheist = mean, arrogant, and any other adjective you can throw at it and the humble, moral stance is to hold that the creator of the cosmos created it with YOU in mind and to not accept his sacrifice of himself to himself is paramount to the most arrogant type of person. Wink

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 4 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
27-06-2015, 09:26 PM
I never add anyone I don't know. Not even when its the barely dressed, big breasted hottie sending me a friend request.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
27-06-2015, 10:42 PM
(27-06-2015 04:36 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Blocking after the end of this keystroke.

[Image: IcVf0lF.gif]
28-06-2015, 12:40 AM
I just had a random Canadian chick friend request me.

Denied. Only Canadians I know are on here...and not a one of you TTAers are my Facebook friend. Hmph.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
28-06-2015, 12:48 AM
What a cow she sounds.

I have a FB account but my friends are mainly drummers who share drumming news.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-06-2015, 01:52 AM
(27-06-2015 04:36 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Denise has sent you a Friend Request.

(So I get that notification, and I check out her profile to see who it is, since we appear to have one mutual friend, a very liberal gay man who is the among the most kind-hearted, most sensitive people I know, only to find her profile is basically a Republican National Convention re-post site, full of every form of right-wing "Obama/liberal-conspiracy" page, "Christianity-is-under-attack" paranoia, and far-right Political Action Committee link you could imagine. Suspecting it to be a bot, or spammer/linkbait of some kind, since it didn't seem like she and he could be actual friends, I sent the following. I got a response. Then I sent a second. This is unedited, except to add the names of the person speaking.)

---------------------

ME: Look, Denise, I'm glad to add any friend of Paul's... but did you just add his list for the purpose of barraging people with videos of right-wing nutjobs or something?
19 minutes ago
---------------------

DENISE: I don't know you, but i was willing to give you a chance because you are a friend of Pauls;. But I have to say you sound a bit presumptious and a liitle sanctimonius too. If you don;t want to open your heart to me, it wont make me cry. its; up to you .

---------------------

ME: Open my heart? Make you cry? Why would I want to do that? I never seek to harm anyone.
Sanctimonious? What are you TALKING about? I am among the nicest, most kind-hearted people I know, and have volunteered thousands and thousands of hours to help those crushed by the capitalist economy and the prison industrial complex that supports it.
Almost everything I saw on your page was horrifying (except "A Girl and Her Gun"... I confess I am also a big fan of the Mosin Nagant; I was a History minor at USAFA, and have always had a fetish for Russian military hardware)... one does not "open one's heart" to that kind of ultra-right-wing, jingoistic, unfeeling and often unreasoning drivel! Using a photo of Albert Einstein in support of a right-wing cause of any sort is alone appalling enough.
Do you even know how presumptuous you were to even say "won't make me cry", which presumes that's something I'd want or desire? Ugh... talk about sanctimonious. No, I don't think we can be friends, and I hope you can continue in your comfy Middle Class WASP bubble without ever encountering the things that make a person's heart TRULY open. I'm in fact surprised a sweetheart like Paul even knows someone like you! Good day to you. Blocking after the end of this keystroke.

AngryAngryAngryCensoredAngryAngryAngry

There's someone whose page needs to be shitbombed. If only folks knew where to go ...
28-06-2015, 01:53 AM
(28-06-2015 12:40 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Hmph.

That is perhaps my favorite word in the English language.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
28-06-2015, 03:38 AM
(28-06-2015 12:40 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I just had a random Canadian chick friend request me.

Denied. Only Canadians I know are on here...and not a one of you TTAers are my Facebook friend. Hmph.

I dunno, Nurse. Canadians tend to strike me as the nicest, most thoughtful, inclusive people on the planet (unless you want to move there as an America and screw up their nice country, then they'll tell you your Visit Time is Over, eh!), so I'd go ahead and include as many as possible in your online social circles. I'm sure C-eh-N-eh-D-eh has plenty of jerks, idiots, fundies, and douchebags, but I'd say the odds are better with them than with 'Murkins.

So, obviously, what I'm trying to say is: o/`` America... Fuck Yeah! o/``

Thumbsup

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
28-06-2015, 03:40 AM
(28-06-2015 01:52 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  There's someone whose page needs to be shitbombed. If only folks knew where to go ...

Sorry, Thump. While I relish in the idea of having about thirty thinking persons drop by her page and smack her with the Reason Stick, it's unethical.

I may be an ex-convict, but I'm the nice sort of ex-felon. Cool

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post