Denise has sent you a Friend Request.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2015, 03:47 AM
RE: Denise has sent you a Friend Request.
(28-06-2015 12:48 AM)Banjo Wrote:  What a cow she sounds.

I have a FB account but my friends are mainly drummers who share drumming news.

Oh, from her page, when I went to check it out, she kinda had the "aging Stepford Wife" look going on. As in, those types who still think being vaguely attractive (and less so now than they think they are/were) gives them an edge in "ministering" to men they flirt with in order to make Christianity more appealing. That they don't realize this just makes me sadder for them, makes me want to minister to them about the Feminist movement, is even worse. *shudder*

My page is almost 100% my gigantic Cajun extended family, on my mom's side... Catholics breeeeed! My dad's side is the Southern Baptist family down in Florida, where they're smaller in number but more likely to send me right-wing craziness since my two (age-group) cousins on that side are a Music Minister and a Youth Pastor. My Facebook page is damned near a nightmare of religious fundamentalism, but as I was separated from my family for 9 years, and it's the only real way to talk to my best friend who is now in Korea in semi-realtime (b/c he's 14 hours ahead of my schedule, it often has to be a series of photo-posts with commentary).

So I kinda hold my breath and squint my eyes when starting up my PC, opening up Facebook. Thank Dog for this place, where I can come to remind myself that there are thinking people who don't say things that make the logic and reason sections of my brain start flashing red warning lights accompanied by siren shrieks inside my skull. Shocking

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2015, 08:18 AM
(28-06-2015 03:40 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(28-06-2015 01:52 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  There's someone whose page needs to be shitbombed. If only folks knew where to go ...

Sorry, Thump. While I relish in the idea of having about thirty thinking persons drop by her page and smack her with the Reason Stick, it's unethical.

I may be an ex-convict, but I'm the nice sort of ex-felon. Cool

Oh, I know. You could, however, PM it to me, in the sure confidence that it would never get out to anyone else here. [Image: 2yuwnlx.jpg]
28-06-2015, 01:57 PM
If I have your solemn word that you won't harass or reveal the person's name for harassment, I will show you the name so you can see the page's insanity. It's worth a peek just for "wow those people are batshit crazy" value.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
28-06-2015, 03:36 PM
Never got into Facebook.

Any friends I have - I earned the old fashioned way - by hanging out with them, being decent, helping out, and drinking a shitload of beer in between.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-06-2015, 04:48 PM
(28-06-2015 03:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Never got into Facebook.

Any friends I have - I earned the old fashioned way - by hanging out with them, being decent, helping out, and drinking a shitload of beer in between.....

I hear that! Only reason I even got on there is because my family hundreds of miles away, and I've been locked up for a decade... it's my way of trying to catch up and reconnect. Admittedly, I am starting to regret that decision.

My riding/business partner, and best bud still remaining in the USA, "Gator", gets out of his 6 month stint in a Tampa (Hillsborough County) jail cell in five weeks. All my other riding buddies from Before have gotten married and either moved far away or quit riding altogether. I'll feel a lot better when the sound of his Road King 110th Anniversary CVO (#792 of 900, as he likes to remind me) reaches my ears from down the street, and I know it's time to fire up my lovely Rose. I've met some of the local riders, but so far I've been put off by the astounding numbers of "Riding for the Son" CMA patches everywhere I look. Frusty

If I'm very lucky, I'll have stopped screwing around on here long enough to finish up my '72 BSA Rocket3 café racer rebuild by then. My Honda's a sweet machine, but it'd look weird next to his Road King!

28-06-2015, 06:01 PM
(28-06-2015 03:38 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(28-06-2015 12:40 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I just had a random Canadian chick friend request me.

Denied. Only Canadians I know are on here...and not a one of you TTAers are my Facebook friend. Hmph.

I dunno, Nurse. Canadians tend to strike me as the nicest, most thoughtful, inclusive people on the planet (unless you want to move there as an America and screw up their nice country, then they'll tell you your Visit Time is Over, eh!), so I'd go ahead and include as many as possible in your online social circles. I'm sure C-eh-N-eh-D-eh has plenty of jerks, idiots, fundies, and douchebags, but I'd say the odds are better with them than with 'Murkins.

So, obviously, what I'm trying to say is: o/`` America... Fuck Yeah! o/``

Thumbsup

Just watch out for Scott. He's a dick.

[Image: Are+you+the+arch+duke+of+calgary+_bb6732...e2ea12.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post