Denmark Abolishes Blasphemy Laws

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2017, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2017 11:10 AM by Vera.)
RE: Denmark Abolishes Blasphemy Laws
This has FUCK ALL to do with blasphemy and your pathetic bitching about "never offend anyone" that had bugger all to do with the OP but you still felt compelled to spew here as well.

And I might "not"want to hear what Hirsi Ali has to say because I have bloody READ it.

And the sports analogy is fucking stupid. Not that that comes as any surprise, coming from you.

And trust me, you ain't that hard to understand. Facepalm

ETA: Apologies, Heath. I'm done arguing with self-righteous idiots. Didn't mean to do this to your thread.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
02-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Denmark Abolishes Blasphemy Laws
Blasphemy law is fucking ridiculous so Denmark dropping it is something that I can applaud.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
02-06-2017, 11:21 AM
(02-06-2017 11:00 AM)Vera Wrote:  This has FUCK ALL to do with blasphemy and your pathetic bitching about "never offend anyone" that had bugger all to do with the OP but you still felt compelled to spew here as well.

And I might "not"want to hear what Hirsi Ali has to say because I have bloody READ it.

And the sports analogy is fucking stupid. Not that that comes as any surprise, coming from you.

And trust me, you ain't that hard to understand. Facepalm

You have, so then you know that she lived in fear of offending men growing up, lived under threat of death in Denmark because she dared challenge religious gender rolls. Explain to me how ignoring that helps empower women? How does that help someone like Malala, who got shot for being female and wanting an education?

Would you even care to hear from a Pakistani Muslim woman who said that Ben Affleck was wrong to shut down Bill Maher?

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2014/10...n-affleck/

Imagine if Susan B Anthony didn't dare offend Christian men. You think those men were not basing their sexism on the bible? Even today we have a GOP still trying to control the bodies of women and quote the bible while doing it.

Are you really out to protect minorities or merely out to feel good about yourself?

Men in far too much of the east consider it Blasphemy for girls and women to be treated equally, those men in turn assault them and base it on their holy books, but as long as we in the west don't pick on them we can keep the peace?

In the west I and even in the east I have conversed with very empathetic moderate and liberal Muslims. I am for protecting their rights, I am not for protecting any religiously justified violence or sexism or homophobia.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
02-06-2017, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2017 11:28 AM by Vera.)
What the fuck has this bilge to do WITH ANYTHING?

Where have I said I support blasphemy laws? YOU started blathering on about not offending anyone which has SQUAT TO DO WITH THE TOPIC AT HAND, not the way you see it in your twisted mind, apparently. People post a thread about blasphemy laws being ABOLISHED and you start jibbring about political correctness (or your perverted idea of it)

Could have been worse, I guess. You might've started blabbering about guns Facepalm

Fucking christ, are you capable of coherent thought!

02-06-2017, 11:33 AM
(02-06-2017 11:24 AM)Vera Wrote:  What the fuck has this bilge to do WITH ANYTHING?

Where have I said I support blasphemy laws? YOU started blathering on about not offending anyone which has SQUAT TO DO WITH THE TOPIC AT HAND.

Fucking christ, are you capable of coherent thought!

Great, so why the kneejerk reaction when I point out to you that my well intended liberals have to be careful in how we go about reducing hate and bigotry. That is the part you still dont get. POWER SHIFTS and right now the far right has that power. Do you really want hem to say to you "If we cant say this, then you cant say that".

I think it would be foolish to assume they would not do that. The you'd be stuck here with the very thing we find so many problems in the east with.

If the Patriots do not play the Cubs, and you agree, then you should also agree that a statement like "virgin births" cannot be a true statement knowing that it requires TWO sets of DNA. If you can accept the scientific definition of rigor mortis, then you should also be willing to accept that the death story is also not true.

I will always value the right for others to make claims they want to make, but I am under no obligation to never respond to that claim.

If you cannot see how America applies to Denmark then you are not helping those you say you want to help, and your anger at me is misplaced.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
02-06-2017, 11:41 AM
I am done. Talking to brick walls is not how I'm gonna spend the rest of my day. (And I'm pretty sure most of your "fellow liberals" don't feel too happy about the mockery you make of their ideas. I know I am not)

[Image: Head+slam+into+wall+its+pretty+much+in+t...773160.gif]

02-06-2017, 11:45 AM
(02-06-2017 11:41 AM)Vera Wrote:  I am done. Talking to brick walls is not how I'm gonna spend the rest of my day. (And I'm pretty sure most of your "fellow liberals" don't feel too happy about the mockery you make of their ideas. I know I am not)

[Image: Head+slam+into+wall+its+pretty+much+in+t...773160.gif]

Thats ok because if you cannot understand a women like Ayaan doing what she did, then I doubt you will ever understand her or me. Thats too bad because she is on the side of women.

02-06-2017, 11:49 AM
This is so amazing! Respect!
Find all posts by this user
02-06-2017, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2017 11:58 AM by Vera.)
Where the fuck did I say I don't understand her, you jibbering idiot!

It's your drivel that UNINTELLIGIBLE!

Also, Hirsi Ali is hardly the end-all authority on political correctness. And even if she were, you know (or should know, if you have even a modicum of common human decency) that this is NOT WHAT PC is all about. If all you see in your rabid mind when you hear PC is ''fucking muslims" I pity you. Even more than I already do.

I, for one, see a way to make the world at least somewhat less unwelcoming and harsh for people of all sorts of (persecuted) minorities. WHILE absolutely ready to defend Charlie Hebdo's right to publish their cartoons. See? You can fucking do both!

But go ahead, keep using your pathetic strawman as an inflatable sexdoll.

02-06-2017, 12:07 PM
(02-06-2017 11:50 AM)Vera Wrote:  Where the fuck did I say I don't understand her, you jibbering idiot!

It's your drivel that UNINTELLIGIBLE!

Also, Hirsi Ali is hardly the end-all authority on political correctness. And even if she were, you know (or should know, if you have even a modicum of common human decency) that this is NOT WHAT PC is all about. If all you see in your rabid mind when you hear PC is ''fucking muslims" I pity you. Even more than I already do.

I, for one, see a way to make the world at least somewhat less unwelcoming and harsh for people of all sorts of (persecuted) minorities.

But go ahead, keep using your pathetic strawman as an inflatable sexdoll.

Sorry but you want to take a loaded term in "political correctness" and create a utopia were nobody ever speaks ill of each other. In the real world that is impossible.

Nobody claimed she was a end all, but there are other Muslim women like the one in that link article and women like Malala too. Susan B was not the only women of her time either.

You are STILL NOT GETTING IT, yes we do and should want to make things more welcoming to minorities. YES YES YES.

But we cannot do that by always insisting even voluntary self censorship.

But I don't see you making a distinction between attacking a claim and human rights. Human rights are as the should be ALWAYS A GIVEN, but claims as ideas do not deserve to be blasphemy or even ridicule free.

If you keep insisting on using the term "political correctness" guess what, that bigoted sexist xenophobic homophobic far right will turn around and use it too, and then what? Be careful what you wish for.

Speech can only be taken as a case by case basis. Laws that protect minorities I am all for. But in making those laws I don't want a future where one group whom are the real assholes can use those same laws against me.