Dennis in Memphis in da'house!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2011, 01:45 PM

Dennis in Memphis in da'house!
Greetings ya’ll!

My name is Dennis (aka Dennis in Memphis or Denicio).
I am 42 years old and a former fundie. Grew up in the southern Baptist regime while going to a Southern Baptist school (Briarcrest..that I new affectiontally call Briarcult). Living here in Memphis..the proverbial Belt Buckle of the Bible Belt. We got that nifty Belleview Church you can see from I-40 with the 3 huge crosses…..that truckers refer to as “Six Flags over Jesus”.

At Briarcult we did not have shop class or wood working…we had Bible 1 and Bible 2.
I took BOTH classes under the help of David Loden, who adopted me as his pet. He taught us his class from his seminary level college syllabus..so I got it GOOD!
He took my young and impressionable mind and filled it full of “The Evils of Rock and Roll” as well as filling me full of FEAR of NEW AGE and the New World Order (with all the evil symbols of Proctor and Gamble, Disney and NASA).
It took me a good part of 10+ years to really shake the guilt & indoctrination.
Like many others, I was the ‘knocking on the door’ type of Christian. Eager to share the good news and for years also playing in Christian Rock bands!

Now at 42 I am a full blown Humanist/Atheist (a group that I was warned about too!).
My inquisitive mind would not allow all that Mr. Loden taught me about rock to rest..so lucky for me these rockstars have all grown old and started writing bio’s!

Hotel California is NOT about some satanic Séance
Kiss is NOT kings in Satan’s services
And SOOOOO much more!!!!

Basically everything he taught me was a lie! Combined that with getting involved in what I want to call a Christian Conspiracy group. One of those groups that blend Revelation in with all kinds of Kooky conspiracy theories. Borderline Ruby Ridge/Waco type mentality. VERY odd crowd.
The final straw for me was one fall evening be told that the Blood Red Moon was upon us and to watch for it. Which I did, like a good sheeple……after a sleepless night I felt like a total rube!

That began the beginning of my deconversion.

It took me a long time to shake my faith, but with the help of Dan Barkers books and the internet I am purged of all superstitious nonsense and have been thinking clearly for years now.

Only 2 weeks ago did I discover TTA and its podcasts. I love it dearly.

Glad to be a part of the hellbound crowd here.

Dennis
Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2011, 07:07 PM
RE: Dennis in Memphis in da'house!
(12-09-2011 01:45 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Glad to be a part of the hellbound crowd here.

Welcome to the highway to hell Dennis in Memphis. No stop signs, speed limit, nobody's gonna slow us down. And only one exit ramp.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2011, 07:26 AM

RE: Dennis in Memphis in da'house!
(14-09-2011 07:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-09-2011 01:45 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Glad to be a part of the hellbound crowd here.

Welcome to the highway to hell Dennis in Memphis. No stop signs, speed limit, nobody's gonna slow us down. And only one exit ramp.

I've got a comfy seat in the 'handbasket' ...so off to hell i go.....

D
Quote this message in a reply