Dental Hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2014, 12:19 AM
Dental Hell
So back around the end of October I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled. My recovery went smoothly; the majority of the period I felt like a little, happy, tranquilized pony.

It's been about two months sense then and I've noticed something... abnormal. The bottom areas where wisdom teeth were pulled healed up perfectly. The top, however... not so much. On my top left, there's something pointy growing. Obviously a tooth, but it isn't causing me trouble or discomfort. On my top right, I have two tiny fangs; sharp points growing backwards into my gums. A couple of weeks ago when I first noticed them, I wasn't feeling any discomfort at all. Now, I can't really smile, drink through a straw or strain/move my jaw much without being stabbed by what is satan himself protruding from my gums.

Whenever I had my wisdom teeth pulled, my oral surgeon said that the roots of wisdom teeth can chip off as the teeth are being removed. Typically what chips off stays in place and doesn't move; therefore not really causing a problem. Well this shit is causing me a problem. I dread having to go back to the oral surgeon. The anesthetic they used to put me to sleep made me throw up a lot afterwards. But then again, my own teeth cutting my gums open whilst completely sober and aware isn't exactly my idea of fun either.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2014, 12:33 AM
RE: Dental Hell
When he took them out did they break up in your gum before they were all the way out ? If so, you may just have "chips" *working* their way out. But can't you just go have your regular dentist take a look ? Usually they can deal with the small stuff.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
07-01-2014, 12:49 AM
(07-01-2014 12:33 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  When he took them out did they break up in your gum before they were all the way out ? If so, you may just have "chips" *working* their way out. But can't you just go have your regular dentist take a look ? Usually they can deal with the small stuff.

I'm not really sure, they might have. That makes sense. What I said previously was the most my surgeon explained to me. The roots of my teeth were fully formed, and he said the chances of the tips breaking off were likely, but they wouldn't likely cause me problems.

I'm hoping my regular dentist can see to this. They've kept me and my sister for root canals and regular drilling, but sent me off for wisdom teeth. I've never asked if they pull teeth though. My dentist is for children up to patience age 19. To see my oral surgeon is about a 45+ minute drive in what is practically watered-down Atlanta traffic, but still equally as miserable.

At the moment, my mom doesn't even have a car. She's having her transmission repaired, and the fix is taking some time. I may not get to schedule an appointment for another week or two, that's assuming we get our transportation back soon. And even then, the first appointment would be a consultation. I would then need to schedule a second for the removal.

Human bodies suck. Or at least mine does.
07-01-2014, 12:58 AM
(07-01-2014 12:49 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 12:33 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  When he took them out did they break up in your gum before they were all the way out ? If so, you may just have "chips" *working* their way out. But can't you just go have your regular dentist take a look ? Usually they can deal with the small stuff.

I'm not really sure, they might have. That makes sense. What I said previously was the most my surgeon explained to me. The roots of my teeth were fully formed, and he said the chances of the tips breaking off were likely, but they wouldn't likely cause me problems.

I'm hoping my regular dentist can see to this. They've kept me and my sister for root canals and regular drilling, but sent me off for wisdom teeth. I've never asked if they pull teeth though. My dentist is for children up to patience age 19. To see my oral surgeon is about a 45+ minute drive in what is practically watered-down Atlanta traffic, but still equally as miserable.

At the moment, my mom doesn't even have a car. She's having her transmission repaired, and the fix is taking some time. I may not get to schedule an appointment for another week or two, that's assuming we get our transportation back soon. And even then, the first appointment would be a consultation. I would then need to schedule a second for the removal.

Human bodies suck. Or at least mine does.

Teeth are a pain in the ass when they go bad. But at least you'll only have to face this once. He must have x-rayed your mouth when he was done with the extractions. I bet they are chips. (BTW you two are "patients" not "patience". Maybe you're a patient with patience ? Tongue )
OMG the guy who doesn't know "it's" from "its" is being a g. Nazi.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
07-01-2014, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 07:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-01-2014 12:19 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  On my top left, there's something pointy growing. Obviously a tooth, but it isn't causing me trouble or discomfort. On my top right, I have two tiny fangs; sharp points growing backwards into my gums.

Just had a molar pulled recently and experienced and thought the same thing. "What the fuck? They didn't get the whole tooth?" Turns out it was just a scab that went away on its own once the wound healed. But have your dentist check it out if you're worried. I didn't 'cause that would mean I'd have to go back to the dentist. Bechased

(07-01-2014 12:58 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I bet they are chips.

My money's on scabs.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
07-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Actually I would go back to the surgeon because of insurance reasons. Most likely it will be considered treatment in regards to the surgery (and be covered), rather than a separate issue.

If he does have to sedate you again, remind him that it made you sick the first time. There are different types of anesthesia and he can probably alter the dose or something to make it more comfortable.

Call the surgeon's office.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
08-01-2014, 11:10 AM
(07-01-2014 12:19 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  So back around the end of October I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled. My recovery went smoothly; the majority of the period I felt like a little, happy, tranquilized pony.

It's been about two months sense then and I've noticed something... abnormal. The bottom areas where wisdom teeth were pulled healed up perfectly. The top, however... not so much. On my top left, there's something pointy growing. Obviously a tooth, but it isn't causing me trouble or discomfort. On my top right, I have two tiny fangs; sharp points growing backwards into my gums. A couple of weeks ago when I first noticed them, I wasn't feeling any discomfort at all. Now, I can't really smile, drink through a straw or strain/move my jaw much without being stabbed by what is satan himself protruding from my gums.

Whenever I had my wisdom teeth pulled, my oral surgeon said that the roots of wisdom teeth can chip off as the teeth are being removed. Typically what chips off stays in place and doesn't move; therefore not really causing a problem. Well this shit is causing me a problem. I dread having to go back to the oral surgeon. The anesthetic they used to put me to sleep made me throw up a lot afterwards. But then again, my own teeth cutting my gums open whilst completely sober and aware isn't exactly my idea of fun either.

oh god dont get me started on wisdom teeth, those were an adventure. Then I had all of my teeth done with crowns due to having amelio genesis imperfecta, but I recently had more dental fun. I was dignosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea, and on 2 Oct 2013 the Navy did a 8 hour surgery to correct that. It is called maxillo mandibular advancement and geniosplasty. Basically they broke my lower jaw, cut off my upper jaw and slid them forward a half an inch or so and bolted them together to my skull with titanium plates...joy. They also broke off my chin (geniosplasty) and moved it forward because i guess your tongue base is attached to the back of your chin bone and by moving it forward it flattens the tongue further opening the airway. Then they filled in the gap with cadaver bone and some more titanium plates. Jaw was wired shut for 7 weeks. Only could syringe broth and protein shakes down my throat, so I lost 27 lbs in the first 12 days. Got wires off 4 weeks ago and have been hitting it hard again in the gym. Regained some weight, so I went from 208 lbs, to 179lbs, and now back to 201 lbs lol. What a ride.

here is me looking happy and swollen 4 days after surgery

[Image: 2j1o2mt.jpg]

good times, good times. Keep it all into perspective and get it checked out, hopefully it will all work out. I wish you the best and speed recovery.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
08-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Some Info

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
08-01-2014, 01:25 PM
(07-01-2014 12:19 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  It's been about two months sense then and I've noticed something... abnormal. The bottom areas where wisdom teeth were pulled healed up perfectly. The top, however... not so much. On my top left, there's something pointy growing. Obviously a tooth, but it isn't causing me trouble or discomfort. On my top right, I have two tiny fangs; sharp points growing backwards into my gums. A couple of weeks ago when I first noticed them, I wasn't feeling any discomfort at all. Now, I can't really smile, drink through a straw or strain/move my jaw much without being stabbed by what is satan himself protruding from my gums.

Those are the antennas of the listening devices that your alien dentist implanted. You can never be alone again. Evil_monster

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2014, 04:38 PM
(07-01-2014 07:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Just had a molar pulled recently and experienced and thought the same thing. "What the fuck? They didn't get the whole tooth?" Turns out it was just a scab that went away on its own once the wound healed. But have your dentist check it out if you're worried. I didn't 'cause that would mean I'd have to go back to the dentist. Bechased

My money's on scabs.

Did the scabs go away on their own?

(08-01-2014 11:10 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  oh god dont get me started on wisdom teeth, those were an adventure. Then I had all of my teeth done with crowns due to having amelio genesis imperfecta, but I recently had more dental fun. I was dignosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea, and on 2 Oct 2013 the Navy did a 8 hour surgery to correct that. It is called maxillo mandibular advancement and geniosplasty. Basically they broke my lower jaw, cut off my upper jaw and slid them forward a half an inch or so and bolted them together to my skull with titanium plates...joy. They also broke off my chin (geniosplasty) and moved it forward because i guess your tongue base is attached to the back of your chin bone and by moving it forward it flattens the tongue further opening the airway. Then they filled in the gap with cadaver bone and some more titanium plates. Jaw was wired shut for 7 weeks. Only could syringe broth and protein shakes down my throat, so I lost 27 lbs in the first 12 days. Got wires off 4 weeks ago and have been hitting it hard again in the gym. Regained some weight, so I went from 208 lbs, to 179lbs, and now back to 201 lbs lol. What a ride.

here is me looking happy and swollen 4 days after surgery

[Image: 2j1o2mt.jpg]

good times, good times. Keep it all into perspective and get it checked out, hopefully it will all work out. I wish you the best and speed recovery.

Oh geez, you've been through hell in back. I find the worth kinds of health problems I could have are dental problems. Nothing is more of a pain in the ass. So far, I've experienced several fillings, and my first root canal was awful. I chipped a tooth when I busted my face in a skating accident. During the procedure, my anesthetic wore off and I felt everything. That doesn't come close to having your jaw broken though. I bet that was lovely.

(08-01-2014 11:55 AM)bemore Wrote:  Some Info

Thank you!

(08-01-2014 01:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  Those are the antennas of the listening devices that your alien dentist implanted. You can never be alone again. Evil_monster

Thanks Chas! Now I'm extremely paranoid. Sad