Dental woes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2013, 09:00 AM
RE: Dental woes
(20-02-2013 04:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I had some extracted when I was in my teens. Not enough space.
Same here... For people who talk so much (well, at least some of us), those are some small mouths Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2013, 09:09 AM
(20-02-2013 09:00 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(20-02-2013 04:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I had some extracted when I was in my teens. Not enough space.
Same here... For people who talk so much (well, at least some of us), those are some small mouths Rolleyes

Consider
I have no evidence that you can talk at all.

Pics or it didn't happen.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
20-02-2013, 09:31 AM
(20-02-2013 09:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I have no evidence that you can talk at all.

Hey, I have no evidence that I can think at all, but what can you do. We all play the cards we're dealt.

Quote:Pics or it didn't happen.
Still won't prove anything and those tapes/clips I can't really post here. Against house rules Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
15-03-2013, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2013 04:09 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(13-02-2013 03:55 PM)CateBee Wrote:  I decided it's time to be a big kid and get dental insurance... I think tooth aches cause me more pain now than child birth. I'm constantly buying and taking Excedrin - it's the only stuff that works. I'm causing liver damage, surely.

I'd like to just get them all yanked out and deal with dentures. I've got so many that will have to be pulled or fixed. So many dental insurance companies only offer limited work per year that they cover though. I think that's unfair for someone who really needs to fix their fucking mouth. I mean, Humana offers something like 1 root canal covered per year, and that first year they only pay like 20%.

Can I ask though, what do you guys think about the cost of fixing a mouth vs. having dentures? I'm just thinking, I have to spend so much per year on dental insurance, still pay a huge portion of the cost of procedures done, and do this over several years. I know dentures are better than what they used to be, but I can't help thinking of my Grandmother laying them out to scare us from time to time...

And I won't lie, I have a problem with chocolate. My siblings all have poor teeth as well, though our parents aren't all that bad. I remember being a teenager when I saw a dentist the last time... he told my parents, "She needs braces." And here I am, fucked up teeth and bad eating habits Weeping

Seriously though, what do you guys think? Honestly, I want to hear from those with dental insurance, without it, fucked up teeth, no teeth, experience, random opinions... whatever.

The thing you must realize about insurance is this: they are in the business of making you pay more for your dental care then they pay for your dental care. If the insurance company is paid $1000 dollars a year and the cover only $800 of dental work, they profit $200. If you have need for a lot of dental work, don't expect the dental insurance business model to cover it all. However if you brush and floss daily, then you can expect your dental insurance to cover the few things tat still go wrong with your teeth. Of course you premiums will be going toward covering all the lazy people likeyluself who refuse to take care of your teeth.

KingsChosen is a lying douchebag
16-03-2013, 11:20 PM
(15-03-2013 04:06 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The thing you must realize about insurance is this: they are in the business of making you pay more for your dental care then they pay for your dental care. If the insurance company is paid $1000 dollars a year and the cover only $800 of dental work, they profit $200. If you have need for a lot of dental work, don't expect the dental insurance business model to cover it all. However if you brush and floss daily, then you can expect your dental insurance to cover the few things tat still go wrong with your teeth. Of course you premiums will be going toward covering all the lazy people likeyluself who refuse to take care of your teeth.
Well, I suppose they are also in the business of making interest off all the money you're getting and making it grow in other ways. But indeed, it does all depend on how much you'll use it, not to mention the deductibles, copays, etc. Figure out what you'll be paying and if it's even worth it.

In my case (I have an extraction scheduled in a week), right now, I don't have any insurance. A new place opened up that is specifically supposed to be cheap and they keep costs down or something. Then my mom has insurance and goes to a different dentist, and she gets enormous dental bills, because it only covers a small portion and her dentist charges more for everything. The same thing that will cost me $70 would cost her $200. Anyway, my point was to shop around when it comes to insurance, dentists, etc.

Also, regarding the quote above, "being lazy" and "not taking care of your teeth" aren't the only reasons for tooth problems.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post