Deny Deny Deny!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Deny Deny Deny!
Another denial from the Vatican of any wrongdoing in relation to child abuses scandals, this time in Ireland.

I think that the only thing in life that comes close to being as disgusting as child abuse is the continual failure of the Vatican to address the issue!

I understand that most priests have never and would never abuse children and that cases of child abuse are usually overly covered and overly sensationalised in the media but there is no denying that the Vatican does everything it can to prevent and impede any outside scrutiny of it's child protection procedures and completely fails to deal with priests who are accused of paedophilia. I find their prevention of any policy that makes it compulsory to report abusers absolutely criminal.

I think that if the Vatican had a shred of decency then their Nazi paedophile-enabler twat of a leader would decree that abusing a child, shielding an abuser from being caught, or not reporting an abuser would be punished by being reported to local authorities and excommunicated (I'm not holding my breath though).

It's about time that the Vatican learns that it no longer has the power it had 500 years ago. They cannot deal with crimes internally without local authorities taking any action. The best way to give them the message would be take away their status as an independent country which would make them accountable to someone as opposed to having a secure place to hide.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2011, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2011 08:11 PM by FSM_scot.)
RE: Deny Deny Deny!
There are many reasons why the vatican disgusts me but the child abuse is the main one.
The decades of abuse, the cover ups, the denials and that so many of these scumbags have gotten away with it.
Here is the letter the pope sent to irish catholics in march.
In this "apology" he doesn't even admitt that the vatican is in anwyway responsible. He makes no attempt to appoligise for the well known fact that the hierarchy in the church intentionally covered up the abuse and even protected the abusers.

The current pope was aware of abuse By Father Peter Hullermann, (who was convicted of molesting boys in 1986). In 1980, the current Pope who was the Archbishop of Munich at the time, overseeing the archdiocese in which Father Hullermann was given a few days of "treatment" after sexual abuse allegations and was then told he could return to work knowing full well what he had done.

It wouldnt surprise me if his "treatment" was a pat on the back and a handshake.

If the vatican ever wants "forgivness"(something which they DO NOT deserve) they need to hand over everyone and every record they have that has anything to do with the abuse to the police.

This will never happen as it would mean a large proportion of senior figures in the vatican would end up in jail for enabilng all the abuse hiding the offenders and covering it up to "save face".

Where was the kind and loving god to stop all this from happening???

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
04-09-2011, 08:19 AM
The very hypocrisy of religions staggers me sometimes.........the religions 200 years ago would of executed the religions of today for there viewpoints.

Its child abuse as well........considered one of the most heinous of crimes........if the organ player, gardener, visitor, helper of the church had done such a thing it would probably make local headlines

So what they are saying is its ok to molest children in there eyes, because there is no punishment for it Rolleyes

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
04-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Kinda makes you wonder about an abusive/enabling priests/bishops view on the world doesn't it. If they believe that good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell then what do they think about the consequences of their actions? I can only deduce that priests who abuse children either on some level don't believe in hell or don't care about going there and priests who shield abusers think they are acting for the 'greater good' of the church/god and that this will absolve them of their sins.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
04-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Ah but remember anyone can get into heaven if they ask for forgiveness. I'd imagine the abusers will use that as justification in their minds for why they won't end up in hell.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
04-09-2011, 01:15 PM
(04-09-2011 12:19 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Ah but remember anyone can get into heaven if they ask for forgiveness. I'd imagine the abusers will use that as justification in their minds for why they won't end up in hell.

Good point, I forgot the old Catholic 'get out of jail free' clause.

Best
Worst