Denying Physical Proof

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2012, 02:57 PM
RE: Denying Physical Proof
What a nightmare to read.

You should tell her that if she ever wants to be taken seriously via text she needs to stp typn liek htis.

Also, she is willfully ignorant. Lost cause. Wash your hands and move on to another subject. You'll have better luck trying to drink the entire Atlantic.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
29-05-2012, 09:07 PM
(29-05-2012 08:08 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Starcrash.

I made a simple statement. Instead of reading what I wrote and understanding it, you went off on a tangent that had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what I said. So I told you to read what I said, not pay attention to what you had imagined in your head. And that is me dodging? That's ridiculous.

I don't have to explain why you were wrong any more than I would if I said, "I like pomegranates," and you responded, "so you worship the devil?"

You went off about empirical truth being better than faith to divine truth. That has sum zero to do with what I said.

Then you asked me to give an example of how faith could prove something that empiricism can't. This is a clear indication that you were projecting something onto me because there is no logical explanation of how you could leap from what I said to this question. It baffles the mind.

The only thing you said that had any merit and anything to do with what I said was that you use empiricism exclusively. Aside from that being ludicrous, there's no point arguing that with you. That's your position. Fine. If you can believe something that demonstrably false, then no logical argument will sway you. You win. Your shit don't stink.

I didn't even get to that last part because I shut off after I read this: "Or are you arguing that truth isn't something that you value?"

That's third grade you're either with us or you're against us bullshit. How in the fuck do you even question that having read what I wrote? There is no logical connection between the two. I could go on about how peurile that is, but I don't give a fuck.

You come after ME for not explaining things? I made two factual statements. No one seems to disagree with them. Then I made a point, that a position was ideological rather than factual. Your response was nuh-uh followed by a rant about utterly unassociated things. So get off your high horse and shove your dodge BS somewhere un-sunny.
If you believe I'm attacking a straw man (I don't think there's any need to define a straw man or explain why it's a fallacy, although you did) then perhaps you should have clarified what your point was so I could have addressed it.

You've littered your argument with plenty of insults and implied insults and (of course) unsupported assertions. Calling my argument a "rant" is something literally any person can do with literally any argument, and it's just not called for. Tell me to get off my high horse is also something that can be done with literally any argument (does anyone argue from a position of inferiority?) and calling my arguments shit or BS is also... well, I don't think it needs to be said yet again.

Ghost, you're unreasonable and irrational. Your arguments are almost all personal attacks and you can't present your opponents' arguments fairly. Read your own argument as if I wrote it to you and see if it's sounds fair or convincing, but we both know it's not. I knew from past experience that arguing with you is pointless and produces nothing enlightening. I shouldn't have bothered again, but it's not a mistake I'll make a third time.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2012, 05:20 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2012 05:39 AM by Ghost.)
Starcrash, have some personal accountability.

ON EDIT: On second thought, I'll give you an explanation. I made a general statement that was directed at no one in particular. You challenged it; however, you did it by making statements and asking questions that had nothing whatsoever to do with what I said and that were borderline ad hom. I politely told you to reconsider what I wrote rather than address your, as you say, strawman arguments. Then you attacked me personally. See how that works? You attacked me. Not the other way around. My bullshit metre is set at zero. Always has been, always will be. If anything has been clear for over 1 000 posts, it's that. I'm a kind, cordial, accepting, engaging guy who enjoys having in-depth conversations until the moment someone attacks me personally. Then I get ferocious. I make exactly zero apologies for that. And let's be honest, my post was way more concise than it was insulting, although I did mention to Ahoy that I had straight up derision for your post. Then, after you had been spanked for attacking me personally, you play the martyr. That's just weak sauce. It's actually pathetic. You threw down the gauntlet, not me. You threw the first punch, not me. So don't sit there and attack me a second time when all I did was put you in your place for attacking me. Don't pull that on someone and then cry like a little girl when they not only don't take it, but they give as good as they get; if not better. So yeah, climb down from your cross and have some personal accountability.
30-05-2012, 06:09 AM
Man, I just got majorly irked at the "Adam was not a caveman, he was intelligent".

Holy shit that really does anger me Censored

I want you to ask Ayame something as soon as you can... Hey Ayame, when was the last time you discovered something as world-changing as fire? Do not underestimate the intelligence of our predecessors. They discovered fire, how to create tools such as very sharp knives made from rocks, etc... all of this in a world without any form of technology... because they INVENTED/DISCOVERED technology.

We are riding on the coat tails of these cavemen that you deem unintelligent. They discovered fire so you can stay warm and cook your damn food. WTF did your intelligent ass provide???

The fucking arrogance of people sometimes. I'm damn proud of my cave dwelling ancestors. They thrived in a world that I probably wouldn't last a minute in. and you call these people unintelligent when compared to the idea of a naked ass robot of a man who's sole purpose was to be a puppet. Controlled by God and heavily influenced by a woman.

Adam and Eve didn't give us shit while the "unintelligent" cavemen gave us a new world.

You know what a caveman would have done with an apple? They would have inspected it first... probably would have fed it to an animal to see what happens first. Adam apparently lacked the intelligence to do this.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes NoahsFarce's post