Department of Homeland Security's Citizenshiptest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Department of Homeland Security's Citizenshiptest
(05-11-2013 09:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I want to be the Secretary of Weather when (and if) I (ever) grow up.

I like the Canadian question about : "Who was Sir Louis-Hippolyte La Fontaine?"

b. A champion of democracy and French language rights and the first leader of a responsible government in the Canadas.

Does that mean they had irresponsible governments until he got there ?

'Responsible government' being a 19th-century buzzword meaning 'democratically accountable' - the government to the Commons, the Commons to the electorate - then, yes. The previous governments were irresponsible Big Grin.

It's actually almost trick question, because in the Canadas refers to the (then-known-as) Canada East (Quebec) and Canada West (Ontario).

The first responsible government in what would later become Canada was in Nova Scotia, then a separate colony.

(05-11-2013 01:21 PM)black_squirrel Wrote:  3/10=30%
I'm too stupid to live in Canada. I guess I have to stay in the USA.

There is of course the difference between stupid and ignorant.

Provided you understood the correct answers, you're only guilty of the latter Tongue.

(05-11-2013 04:54 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  Yay. I did the 40 question one. I should try the 80.

To be fair, you and I do have a bit of a home ice advantage.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2013, 10:07 PM
(05-11-2013 06:51 PM)cjlr Wrote:  To be fair, you and I do have a bit of a home ice advantage.

Well, considering the studies I've read where the majority of American citizens wouldn't have passed the test to get citizenship in their own country, I think I'll wallow in my pride a bit longer. Tongue

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
07-11-2013, 11:45 AM
(05-11-2013 06:51 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 09:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I want to be the Secretary of Weather when (and if) I (ever) grow up.

I like the Canadian question about : "Who was Sir Louis-Hippolyte La Fontaine?"

b. A champion of democracy and French language rights and the first leader of a responsible government in the Canadas.

Does that mean they had irresponsible governments until he got there ?

'Responsible government' being a 19th-century buzzword meaning 'democratically accountable' - the government to the Commons, the Commons to the electorate - then, yes. The previous governments were irresponsible Big Grin.

It's actually almost trick question, because in the Canadas refers to the (then-known-as) Canada East (Quebec) and Canada West (Ontario).

The first responsible government in what would later become Canada was in Nova Scotia, then a separate colony.

(05-11-2013 01:21 PM)black_squirrel Wrote:  3/10=30%
I'm too stupid to live in Canada. I guess I have to stay in the USA.

There is of course the difference between stupid and ignorant.

Provided you understood the correct answers, you're only guilty of the latter Tongue.

(05-11-2013 04:54 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  Yay. I did the 40 question one. I should try the 80.

To be fair, you and I do have a bit of a home ice advantage.

[Image: 8ee48f7ebbec55303b43d8c93656ec.jpg]

So this is how the Japanese view Canadians. Angel

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post