Depopulation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: Depopulation
The more people there are the more pollution there is, the more people there are the more everyone sucks the life out of the Earth. The more people there are the more our forests, parks, oceans, mountains, rivers and natural beauty will suffer. The more people there are the greater the chance of war, perhaps nuclear war.

What the hell's the matter with you people. It's not just about feeding people. The earth is a living, breathing organism and we're a bunch of leeches. We need about 3 billion less people on this blue dot.

Geesh!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
14-03-2015, 07:50 PM
I don't think the earth is yet overpopulated but it is very close to being so. But that is no excuse for going out killing people.
What I would mostly want us to do about overpopulation is to terraform mars Big Grin
14-03-2015, 09:08 PM
I wouldn't use overpopulation as an excuse for going out and killing people. I can think of plenty other reasons to do that already Tongue I'd just consider depopulation to be a secondary benefit.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
14-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Killing people isn't the only way to depopulate.
15-03-2015, 03:36 AM
(14-03-2015 06:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The more people there are the more pollution there is, the more people there are the more everyone sucks the life out of the Earth. The more people there are the more our forests, parks, oceans, mountains, rivers and natural beauty will suffer. The more people there are the greater the chance of war, perhaps nuclear war.

What the hell's the matter with you people. It's not just about feeding people. The earth is a living, breathing organism and we're a bunch of leeches. We need about 3 billion less people on this blue dot.

Geesh!

I agree with your sentiment at least. Here's a thought. Not an answer, a thought. Is our current population the result of plenty? And would that population reduce (in other words adjust), if our resources became severely limited? I realize that such a reduction, should it occur, might occur with difficulty. But isn't that how evolution works? The ultimate question is not: "Is the Earth overpopulated?" Because "The Little Blue Dot" will one day feed an expanding sun. So, if we want blue skies forever. . . We gotta seed the universe!
15-03-2015, 09:09 AM
(15-03-2015 03:36 AM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 06:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The more people there are the more pollution there is, the more people there are the more everyone sucks the life out of the Earth. The more people there are the more our forests, parks, oceans, mountains, rivers and natural beauty will suffer. The more people there are the greater the chance of war, perhaps nuclear war.

Geesh!

I agree with your sentiment at least. Here's a thought. Not an answer, a thought. Is our current population the result of plenty? And would that population reduce (in other words adjust), if our resources became severely limited? I realize that such a reduction, should it occur, might occur with difficulty. But isn't that how evolution works? The ultimate question is not: "Is the Earth overpopulated?" Because "The Little Blue Dot" will one day feed an expanding sun. So, if we want blue skies forever. . . We gotta seed the universe!

Oh, yes, when humans learned how to cultivate the land, plant crops and domesticate animals for food our population exploded which made a need for more crops, more domestic animals, just more of everything and we've never stopped. The earth is sick now. We need less people and more, more, more birth control. If we can find another planet to send people to, great, but in the meantime......birth control.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
15-03-2015, 09:52 AM
(15-03-2015 03:36 AM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  

Geesh!

People having less kids or people dying because of lack of resources wouldn't be evolution.
15-03-2015, 10:01 AM
(15-03-2015 09:52 AM)NumberDigit Wrote:  
(15-03-2015 03:36 AM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  I agree with your sentiment at least. Here's a thought. Not an answer, a thought. Is our current population the result of plenty? And would that population reduce (in other words adjust), if our resources became severely limited? I realize that such a reduction, should it occur, might occur with difficulty. But isn't that how evolution works? The ultimate question is not: "Is the Earth overpopulated?" Because "The Little Blue Dot" will one day feed an expanding sun. So, if we want blue skies forever. . . We gotta seed the universe!

People having less kids or people dying because of lack of resources wouldn't be evolution.

It is precisely evolution. It is adaptation to the environment.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
15-03-2015, 10:43 AM
(15-03-2015 10:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-03-2015 09:52 AM)NumberDigit Wrote:  People having less kids or people dying because of lack of resources wouldn't be evolution.

It is precisely evolution. It is adaptation to the environment.

I guess it would be evolution of mind. Seeing a reason to not breed like rabbits and then eventually it will become the norm among all people.
15-03-2015, 11:14 AM
If there are more animals than humans then what would the world be like without humans in the sense of resources.