Depressed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2016, 01:45 PM
RE: Depressed
I'm sorry that you're feeling so bad. Maybe the holidays are making it worse? All that joy floating around, you feel like you want to take a shotgun to the very idea.

Things that help me when it's been many very bad days in a row include music, walks, bingeing on a TV series, and, maybe strangely, curling into a ball and sobbing--that wrung-out sensation I get after crying almost feels like calm.

I wonder also if less daylight is contributing. Do your symptoms get worse in winter? Have you tried one of those light boxes? That has helped some people I know.

I hope you get back to equilibrium soon. Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear this Anjele, but please know my thoughts are with you.

[Image: 12_friendship_bouquet_www_cute_pictures_blogspo.jpg]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
21-12-2016, 01:57 PM
I know the feeling. Feel that way too.

I'm hiding the world so I don't just bitch slap everyone I meet.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-12-2016, 02:01 PM
I've noticed the black dog stirring around a bit lately too. Usually does around this time of year. People all excited and happy and hopeful and dancing around and having fun and shit and I see a red door and I want to paint it black. I like making gag gifts to cheer me up. My kid bought me Batman underwear about 5 years ago, I'm giving them back to him this year wrapped in a fancy gift bag. Dirty and with dog hair all over them. Got an eye-patch for another kid. Gonna put it in a big box which reads "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 19,2017!" Bought another kid who thinks he's the shit a wooden ambulance block puzzle made for 4-5 year olds. Little things like this make me giggle and help keep the black dog at bay.

(21-12-2016 12:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have tried the fake it till I make it method...that has failed miserably.

Unfortunately, pretending is all I got. Well that and a shitload of interesting pharmaceuticals.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-12-2016, 02:02 PM
(21-12-2016 01:45 PM)julep Wrote:  I'm sorry that you're feeling so bad. Maybe the holidays are making it worse? All that joy floating around, you feel like you want to take a shotgun to the very idea.

Yeah that. "You fuckers do realize you are dancing on the poop deck of the Titanic right?" kinda angst.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-12-2016, 02:36 PM
I've been the same way for the past 2-3 weeks. The weather and the holidays aren't helping any either.
Just ran out of meds and the doc won't give me anymore because he says I was sleeping too much. What the hell does that even mean???

Hug Anj
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
21-12-2016, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2016 02:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-12-2016 02:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  I've been the same way for the past 2-3 weeks. The weather and the holidays aren't helping any either.
Just ran out of meds and the doc won't give me anymore because he says I was sleeping too much. What the hell does that even mean???

Hug Anj

AllDayChemist.com is your friend. I can vouch for the Hindus.

#sigh
21-12-2016, 02:48 PM
Hug
I'm sorry things aren't going well, Anje. We're here for ya when you feel a need

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-12-2016, 02:52 PM
(21-12-2016 02:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 02:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  I've been the same way for the past 2-3 weeks. The weather and the holidays aren't helping any either.

Hug Anj

Thanks! Thumbsup
21-12-2016, 03:03 PM
(21-12-2016 02:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Hug Anj

I get stuff through AllDayChemist too. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.