Depressed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2016, 01:45 PM
RE: Depressed
I'm sorry that you're feeling so bad. Maybe the holidays are making it worse? All that joy floating around, you feel like you want to take a shotgun to the very idea.

Things that help me when it's been many very bad days in a row include music, walks, bingeing on a TV series, and, maybe strangely, curling into a ball and sobbing--that wrung-out sensation I get after crying almost feels like calm.

I wonder also if less daylight is contributing. Do your symptoms get worse in winter? Have you tried one of those light boxes? That has helped some people I know.

I hope you get back to equilibrium soon. Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear this Anjele, but please know my thoughts are with you.

[Image: 12_friendship_bouquet_www_cute_pictures_blogspo.jpg]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
21-12-2016, 01:57 PM
I know the feeling. Feel that way too.

I'm hiding the world so I don't just bitch slap everyone I meet.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-12-2016, 02:01 PM
I've noticed the black dog stirring around a bit lately too. Usually does around this time of year. People all excited and happy and hopeful and dancing around and having fun and shit and I see a red door and I want to paint it black. I like making gag gifts to cheer me up. My kid bought me Batman underwear about 5 years ago, I'm giving them back to him this year wrapped in a fancy gift bag. Dirty and with dog hair all over them. Got an eye-patch for another kid. Gonna put it in a big box which reads "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 19,2017!" Bought another kid who thinks he's the shit a wooden ambulance block puzzle made for 4-5 year olds. Little things like this make me giggle and help keep the black dog at bay.

(21-12-2016 12:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have tried the fake it till I make it method...that has failed miserably.

Unfortunately, pretending is all I got. Well that and a shitload of interesting pharmaceuticals.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-12-2016, 02:02 PM
(21-12-2016 01:45 PM)julep Wrote:  I'm sorry that you're feeling so bad. Maybe the holidays are making it worse? All that joy floating around, you feel like you want to take a shotgun to the very idea.

Yeah that. "You fuckers do realize you are dancing on the poop deck of the Titanic right?" kinda angst.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-12-2016, 02:36 PM
I've been the same way for the past 2-3 weeks. The weather and the holidays aren't helping any either.
Just ran out of meds and the doc won't give me anymore because he says I was sleeping too much. What the hell does that even mean???

Hug Anj
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
21-12-2016, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2016 02:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-12-2016 02:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  I've been the same way for the past 2-3 weeks. The weather and the holidays aren't helping any either.
Just ran out of meds and the doc won't give me anymore because he says I was sleeping too much. What the hell does that even mean???

Hug Anj

AllDayChemist.com is your friend. I can vouch for the Hindus.

21-12-2016, 02:48 PM
Hug
I'm sorry things aren't going well, Anje. We're here for ya when you feel a need

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-12-2016, 02:52 PM
(21-12-2016 02:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 02:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  I've been the same way for the past 2-3 weeks. The weather and the holidays aren't helping any either.

Hug Anj

Thanks! Thumbsup
21-12-2016, 03:03 PM
(21-12-2016 02:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Hug Anj

I get stuff through AllDayChemist too. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.