Depressed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2016, 03:14 PM
RE: Depressed
Find a local animal shelter or pet store and go play with puppies and kittens.

This is definitely a tough time of year. Everyone keeps pounding happiness into your skull and telling you how you HAVE to be HAPPY or you'll ruin the holidays.

Fuck em.

Therapy/meds/counseling have already been suggested.

For me sometimes it is enough to realize that I am having an episode. It helps work through the issues. Sometimes all you can do is hold on and ride it out.

Talking is good. Distracting yourself is good, albeit short term. Although sometimes if you distract yourself enough, you can get perspective and start working out of it. Different thing work at different times.

Do you have favorite movies/books/activities that make you feel better?
Comfort foods? In moderation of course.

Hope you feel better.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
21-12-2016, 03:23 PM
Thanks everybody.

I don't have the money for a doctor or for meds right now. Got plenty of critters here to love on. I have been eyeing some mac n cheese so the comfort food aspect is under control.

Lots of things fucking with my head lately and this year has worn me down. It's really as simple as this:

[Image: 6ok74x.jpg]

I just don't know how to dig my way out and put myself back together...feeling teary and that's when things are extreme as I am not a crier.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-12-2016, 03:26 PM
(21-12-2016 03:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thanks everybody.

I don't have the money for a doctor or for meds right now. Got plenty of critters here to love on. I have been eyeing some mac n cheese so the comfort food aspect is under control.

Lots of things fucking with my head lately and this year has worn me down. It's really as simple as this:

[Image: 6ok74x.jpg]

I just don't know how to dig my way out and put myself back together...feeling teary and that's when things are extreme as I am not a crier.
HeartHeartHeart
21-12-2016, 03:59 PM
Dr Fireball prescribes a dose of weapons-grade chocolate. Big Grin
21-12-2016, 04:03 PM
(21-12-2016 03:59 PM)Fireball Wrote:  You need a dose of weapons-grade chocolate.

Have some chocolate on hand and bought a variety pack of cocoa mix today...mint, vanilla, caramel, dark, and milk chocolate. I will be trying some of it later....after the mac n cheese.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
21-12-2016, 06:44 PM
Aw meen Anjele :/

I know your year was really shit, not gonna lie. There is nothing to make it seem better. But the good thing is, now it's holiday season and even with no money on the side, it should be a fun and comforting time for you. Try to enjoy the next two weeks and then jump into life with some new energy.
Things look grey now but it will get better, you are quite the fighter. Just hang in there.

You know where to find me, if you need to talk or vent, ok?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
21-12-2016, 08:23 PM
[Image: 6cab87558709899220e717782cd425c2.jpg]

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
22-12-2016, 07:21 AM
Hug

Wish I could do more.
22-12-2016, 07:51 AM
I don't have much to offer this time of year either. Always had the winter blues (or SAD, or cabin fever, or whatever you want to call it) and hubby died on xmas morning so that doesn't help.

Chocolate, weed and music are my antidotes, along with the critters. Doesn't make it go away but keeps me from falling into the abyss.

For you, from what little I know, I think I need to point out that you have to EAT! Several meals a day. Just do it, your body will thank you for it and lift your mind a bit, too. No food, no energy.

Heart

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-12-2016, 09:06 AM
Me too. Hanging by a thread. But, still hanging.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart