Depressed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2016, 09:00 PM
RE: Depressed
Maybe instead of looking at cute bunnies, and fuzzy sweetness, maybe you should watch someone mad and fed up with the world.

Lewis Black comes to mind. This goes back to the Bush presidency, it's an oldie but goodie.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
27-12-2016, 09:40 PM
Glad to hear the good news, Anj!! Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
27-12-2016, 09:47 PM
Thanks you guys for catching me when I fall. Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
27-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Hey Anj. Just wanted to say congrats on the new job. Really good news!

Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
27-12-2016, 11:37 PM
(27-12-2016 10:16 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Hey Anj. Just wanted to say congrats on the new job. Really good news!

Thumbsup

+1

So very happy for you!!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
28-12-2016, 05:28 PM
(27-12-2016 08:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I had a job interview on Friday that appears to be company not filled with raging psychos. I have twitched and fretted and wondered what I may have said wrong since then.

Yesterday I sent an email thanking them for their interest and for taking the time to meet with me. I knew the office was closed but figured I would go for it by letting them know how interested I am.

Today after nearly jittering out of my skin, I ran a couple quick errands...damn sinuses, needed Zyrtec-D. I got home and had an email with a job offer from the company. Not just yes but hell yes!

I had hoped Santa would bring me a job...he was a little late but he came through. Tongue

I start next Tuesday. Jean, t-shirts, and tennis shoes are the norm for dress requirements so I don't need to worry about a wardrobe.

Things are looking up. Thumbsup

[Image: yippee.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
28-12-2016, 05:34 PM
(28-12-2016 05:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-12-2016 08:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I had a job interview on Friday that appears to be company not filled with raging psychos. I have twitched and fretted and wondered what I may have said wrong since then.

Yesterday I sent an email thanking them for their interest and for taking the time to meet with me. I knew the office was closed but figured I would go for it by letting them know how interested I am.

Today after nearly jittering out of my skin, I ran a couple quick errands...damn sinuses, needed Zyrtec-D. I got home and had an email with a job offer from the company. Not just yes but hell yes!

I had hoped Santa would bring me a job...he was a little late but he came through. Tongue

I start next Tuesday. Jean, t-shirts, and tennis shoes are the norm for dress requirements so I don't need to worry about a wardrobe.

Things are looking up. Thumbsup

[Image: yippee.jpg]

And Chas is back. Thumbsup I missed you.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-12-2016, 05:49 PM
I guess some explanation is in order. I did start a job in mid-September. It's hard to believe that I managed to find a place that is more dysfunctional and abusive than the job I was in for three years before it got moved to Colorado. People constantly screaming and swearing at other people and lots of passive-aggressive crap. I was to the point where it was making me physically ill to be there. I was shaking and sick to my stomach and couldn't figure out what I needed to do to make it better. Talking to HR was out as the HR lady was the worst and she was my boss.

I went in to work on December 1 to find another slew of bitchy email messages from her...one informing me that I could no longer talk to the project managers who I needed in order to do my purchasing job. I really hadn't been trained unless you count being screamed at when I didn't do something according to procedures I knew nothing about. There was also an email telling me I had to start cross training someone else. My boss was not in, she had another doctor appointment, so I waited for her to come in and finally packed up my belongings and left.

Since I quit I couldn't draw unemployment and this is a bad time to be looking for work - right at the holidays.

I found an ad for a CPA firm that made it clear they are concerned about having a pleasant work environment while making sure clients are taken care of. Anyway, they called me last Thursday and I met with the two partners Friday morning. Yesterday I received a job offer from them and I happily accepted.

The commute is good, pay is okay, jeans and T-shirts are the dress code. I am excited...I sure hope they are as they presented themselves...but in reading their website, I think they are. This job will also give me the chance to learn more about the accounting side of things.

My fingers are crossed and my hopes are high. Yes

[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
28-12-2016, 05:52 PM
(28-12-2016 05:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 05:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  [Image: yippee.jpg]

And Chas is back. Thumbsup I missed you.

Sorry I wasn't here for you. Weeping

You survived the shit - I knew you would. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-12-2016, 06:18 PM
(28-12-2016 05:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 05:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And Chas is back. Thumbsup I missed you.

Sorry I wasn't here for you. Weeping

You survived the shit - I knew you would. Yes

Thank you for urging me back in October to get back on antidepressants. I can't imagine how far I would have fallen had I not done that.

**I sent a text to the head project manager when I left and thanked him for all his help while I was there. I also (half jokingly) said I hoped Santa would bring me a job. I sent him a text today letting him know that I did find a job and wishing him a happy New Year...his reply text said that he quit the job two days after I did...and he had been there a couple years. He was being raked over the coals for flying to Michigan for his grandmother's funeral though he was only gone over a weekend. I wasn't the only one they treated poorly.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post