Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2013, 10:21 PM
RE: Depression
I'm not sure of your age, or your entire situation, but I can infer a little bit from your post and I side with skippy. It seems that you have a fairly good grasp of what is going on, but I agree that you can't diminish your situation with the usual "it's a phase" crap. That never works.

Talking to someone, be it a friend or a professional is always a good idea. But just be aware of the greater picture. I remember feeling a lot like you when I was younger, and I don't pretend to know the details of your circumstances, but what I do know is that life changes. It's not observable in any meaningful sense except as hindsight. I woke up one day, and it's not that things were better per se, but that I was a different and stronger person, and life had new promises.

Things will change, trust in that.

I wish you the best.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2013, 11:26 PM
RE: Depression
What you have is very common. The fact you have expressed it the way you did shows a lot of maturity.
Some will hide symptoms like yours behind a facade and ride the bipolar ruin.
Hesitant to offer any unqualified advice.
So Kudos to you for putting it out there.
My depression was helped alot by a Google gps game called "ingress" . Try it ,its very social without the normal anxiety associated with public peer mixing.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply