Depression?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2016, 04:10 PM
RE: Depression?
My best advice ---

You're feeling like you lost....

You didn't -- a politician did.

You've still got what drives you - what you believe in - what you want to be.

Exercise that.

Get politically active - if that's what moves you - try to affect the changes you want to see.

Sitting around and giving up is bound to make you feel like shit....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-11-2016, 04:24 PM
(11-11-2016 04:10 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  My best advice ---

You're feeling like you lost....

You didn't -- a politician did.

You've still got what drives you - what you believe in - what you want to be.

Exercise that.

Get politically active - if that's what moves you - try to affect the changes you want to see.

Sitting around and giving up is bound to make you feel like shit....

I don't feel like I lost, that's not it.

I think that Trump is a malignant narcissist, and if you google it, you will agree, plenty of professionals have said it despite that being a no-no. And you will also see the danger that poses to not just us, but the world.

I'm old, I don't really have a horse in this race anymore. But I hate to see it and fear for all my younger friends.

His policies - he has none. He will do whatever seems to bring him the most attention at the time - good or bad. He doesn't care about the issues. He is not progressive and not conservative. That is what I think most people on both sides don't seem to realize - nothing he says matters. He believes it himself for as long as it takes him to say it. Trump is only after one type of currency - attention. Admiration or hate, it doesn't matter, it all points to his glory.

These are my concerns. They don't actually even have to do with politics. He has no political interests. He'll agree to anything anyone wants who either "deserves" his benevolence or who will bring him more fame or fortune.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
11-11-2016, 04:39 PM
Yes, Dom. I actually felt the way you did for two days. Yoga helped me and just being around like minded people from the yoga class helped to let off steam. I've signed a petition on change.org to have the Electoral College representatives vote ouside the the restraints of the Electroial College. It's a snowball's chance in hell but I still signed up anyway.

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-colle...ecember-19

I'm going to write my representatives, my senators and all the other senators and representatives from all the other states, democrat and republican. I just can't sit back on this one.

I would have voted for George Bush, Ronald Reagan, George Bush Sr, Richard Nixon and hell, I would have even voted for Berry Goldwater waaaaay before I'd have ever have voted for trump. The only time I would have voted for trump is if Hitler was his opponent. trump (I refuse to capitalize his fucking name) is mentally ill but his fellow republicans are living in the 1950's and they are ruthless. This is a nightmare.

If a little over half the voters didn't vote for trump maybe we can all do something about it. I'm generally a very peaceful, good natured, even tempered, happy person but goddamit, I'm really fired up and mad as hell. I never knew I could be this angry about something. Evil_monsterEvil_monster

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
11-11-2016, 05:12 PM
I'm with you Dom - I've studied WAY too much history to know what you're talking about. It's the dread of that terror happening again. During the shitty election, I re-read a couple of books and watched a lot of historical/archeological documentaries on the Roman Empire. I felt that dread coming even then but it got me through some of the roughest, shittiest patches - right up to a couple weeks prior to the election, when I could feel the downward change happening. I was prepared but, it was still depressing.

What have I been doing since early Tuesday evening? Watching a shit-ton of Nazi documentaries. Thumbsup

Yep. Fire with fire.
It took quite a lot of gut strength to get through some - especially the grizzly ones. However, I did find a renewed energy and even gained a great deal of insight. I looked at bio stuff, pre-war stuff, resistance stuff ... what was going on with the Reich and how it was being countered by the the allies... even the "occult" shit (which I found enormously entertaining). The ingenuity it took to deal with just the everyday things ... for everyday people ... I found enormous resilience!

I think that is what I'm going to look for in us, here in our time. I'm not quite there, yet. But I think it's just a bit early. I think we're still grieving this thing - this shock. But I think ... we will wake up each day with a different sky.

Hug

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
11-11-2016, 05:45 PM
I understand you very well and the one and only laugh I got about Trump today was a Facebook post. A friend of mine said that a journalist friend of his had so much trouble finding a picture of trump where he doesn't have a weird facial expression on. And someone commented that just keep in mind that this is his smart face and to just imagine what his dumb / relaxed face would look like Big Grin

But back to the real issue.

== Deleting big thing to keep this short and to the point ==

We have to wait for a week or two and see if things calm down, which they should naturally. People should protest, but not against Trump and not for Hillary, they should protest a system that lets these two be the only candidates to vote and a system where the people's votes don't even matter (see this election).

So just for you, Dom to also give you the tools to function again, I have never had situational depression, I have only had depression, but what helped me in the past and still does, is focusing on the thing that gives me the most trouble and then try to look at it from every point of view. And to acknowledge things just as they are. So you can think everything through connected to the topic, you can play different scenarios and see what happens. Just keep in mind that in 4 years (i think) you get to cast a vote again and you better make everybody around you cast theirs as well. In the end it is only four years because you can make it your life goal to not have that guy re-elected. Remember how many people did not vote? They all have to vote next time, and you can be one of the voices that makes them cast a vote.

Not sure if this helps

[Image: 99fc6bf1f2a963f500047e63380e5f2b737da44d...4851_1.jpg]

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
11-11-2016, 05:55 PM
(11-11-2016 05:45 PM)Leela Wrote:  I understand you very well and the one and only laugh I got about Trump today was a Facebook post. A friend of mine said that a journalist friend of his had so much trouble finding a picture of trump where he doesn't have a weird facial expression on. And someone commented that just keep in mind that this is his smart face and to just imagine what his dumb / relaxed face would look like Big Grin

But back to the real issue.

== Deleting big thing to keep this short and to the point ==

We have to wait for a week or two and see if things calm down, which they should naturally. People should protest, but not against Trump and not for Hillary, they should protest a system that lets these two be the only candidates to vote and a system where the people's votes don't even matter (see this election).

So just for you, Dom to also give you the tools to function again, I have never had situational depression, I have only had depression, but what helped me in the past and still does, is focusing on the thing that gives me the most trouble and then try to look at it from every point of view. And to acknowledge things just as they are. So you can think everything through connected to the topic, you can play different scenarios and see what happens. Just keep in mind that in 4 years (i think) you get to cast a vote again and you better make everybody around you cast theirs as well. In the end it is only four years because you can make it your life goal to not have that guy re-elected. Remember how many people did not vote? They all have to vote next time, and you can be one of the voices that makes them cast a vote.

Not sure if this helps

[Image: 99fc6bf1f2a963f500047e63380e5f2b737da44d...4851_1.jpg]

Thanks for the grin. My state is democrat. Part of the West Coast group. I'd love to see us split off, but that is not likely to happen.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-11-2016, 05:56 PM
Wait, so if I magnify that photo by like 300% those are all penises???

Huh

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-11-2016, 06:02 PM
Yes, each one of those Pricksels are a portion of a penis.
11-11-2016, 06:48 PM
(11-11-2016 06:02 PM)skyking Wrote:  Yes, each one of those Pricksels are a portion of a penis.

What portion, foreskins? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2016, 07:05 PM
Dom

There are levels of depression that are so severe that you would actually be glad Trump won because deep deep depression can destroy you so completely you become nihilistic to the point of having destroyed all sense of compassion. There's a depression so devastating that suicide is just too much damn trouble. I'm not cut out to really judge severity and what's situational and what's brutal raw brain chemistry simply malfunctioning. Caring a lot can really hurt. And sometimes with depression it doesn't matter what it is, something will be crushing you even if you have to stretch to find it. Apathy my seem like relief but it's not. It's a cold wasteland of despair. Whatever the case, if you feel like something is wrong, I suggest telling a doctor. Good luck.